Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I'm sure there is... but it's the "pumpkin spice" that most companies seem to try to incorporate the most. Cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar... Pumpkin without all that stuff just tastes like squash! I'm not so sure squash-flavored beer would be all that appealing.
    Well then I will make one! God dammit!

Comment

Do!

Maybe it'll be awesome like the JDM squash scented air freshener!

Comment

Yea there are some around here that dont have the spices. I hate that shit. 10 barrel brewing had a good one without spices.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I like the spices when it's done right. Since the pumpkin thing got trendy, everyone is trying to outdo each other, and some of the efforts are gross. When they add so much spice that it tastes like I'm just sucking on a pumpkin pie, it's no good. It still has to taste like a beer to be worth drinking!

Stevens Point Whole Hog pumpkin is still my favorite. 2 years in a row, and one we do our annual pumpkin beer tasting this year, probably 3 years. It has the pumpkin flavor, as in spices and actual pumpkin, while also tasting like a good beer. 7.5% abv, and it hides it well.
          http://www.pointbeer.com/whole-hog-pumpkin-ale/

I just noticed that they actually have a squash beer. Now I have to see if I can find it around here! Probably not... I'm a long way from the source in Wisconsin.

They also have a pumpkin peach ale, apparently. Peach juice and pumpkin. No spices.

Comment

This is a good one

And this one.

Not beer and I haven't tried it but I'm curious

1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

So it's another oil problem with the head. Need extract.

Comment

Ballast Point Victory at Sea, and another vanilla coffee porter from them. Damn good stuff that.

IPA season is here, what have you guys been drinking?

Magic Hat has an ale sampler that I want to get. It has their Mother Lager throwback I want to try.

Comment

I haven't seen Victory at Sea around here yet... but I just looked it up, and that is one of the coolest labels I've seen on a beer! I need to get it, if just for the bottle! That and The Commodore. Sucks that Ballast Point is super high priced around here. Great stuff, but I swear... all of their stuff goes for like $13 per 6 pack. Most decent craft beers sell for $8-$11.

I'll also have to keep an eye out for the Magic Hat sampler. I always like Magic Hat. #9 is always a good go-to beer.

We JUST got New Belgium distributed in my area. I've had their infamous Fat Tire a few times (Dallas, Austin, San Diego)... and just got it here on tap in Philly. I like it, but people have compared it in terms of drinkability to Yuengling Lager... and honestly, although it's a "better" beer... I prefer Yuengling Lager!
                  However, I just picked up a six pack of New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA. I'm not an IPA fan at all... and West Coast IPAs are usually so obscenely hoppy that they taste like soapy water to me... but this one, holy crap... this one was amazing. Very strong, so I was good with just one bottle... so the six pack lasted me all week. Definitely buying that one again!

Comment

I remember new Belgium being here when I was in high school. That's kinda silly they're JUST now getting to your side of the country..

Their beers aren't that great.. They use the same hops for everything, and that Rampant beer, while being decent, tastes like any other beer from them. The only difference is the amount of hops they use. ALL of their beers have nearly the exact same finish - from porters, pale ales, IPAs, you name it.

The Ballast point was the peppermint version. They also make a peanut version. I thought it was going to be weird, but came out really well. Kroger sells single bottles for like $6 for a 32oz sometimes. It was on sale so I got it.

Do you get Terrapin or Sweetwater up north?

Comment

That sucks about New Belgium! They're really popular here, due to the recent distribution. It really is kinda strange that they'd be distributed for so long down by you, but not up here until now!

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Ballast Point stuff. I don't recall ever NOT seeing them around here, but I'm noticing more stuff from them recently. In the worst case, I can probably find stuff at Kroger when I go down to VA to visit my mother in law. No Kroger up here, but in her town, that's pretty much all there is!

We get Terrapin up here (they've been owned by Coors since 2011, I believe... amazingly, they haven't been ruined.) No Sweetwater, though.

Comment

We should swap a build-a-six of beers we can't find locally.

Comment

Sam Smith makes such good beer.. Their oatmeal stout is my favorite beer.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                            We should swap a build-a-six of beers we can't find locally.
                            I think they can be mailed via FedEx or UPS. USPS won't carry beer, I don't think. I'll have to ask my friend how he does it. He runs a blog called the "Brewthusiast", and he's traded beer with people from all over the country.

Yesterday was Beer Appreciation Day. I got some Troeg's Hopback Amber, and some Busch... because crap beer tastes better with Taco Bell (which is what I had for dinner.)

Comment

Well make a list.

Comment

Do you get Monday Night beers where you are Deev?

Comment

Working...
                                X