Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall/winter projects?

Hi everyone!
    Since we’re properly into Fall now, I’m curious what everyone has planned. Car projects or not. Let’s hear it!

I’ve been working on my project Volvo 240 (a MR thread is overdue for that thing… I’ve had it for a year!)
    Right now it’s doing daily driver duty since my BMW decided to blow up. As soon as I get the German POS back, the Volvo is getting a driveshaft rebuild, rear deck speakers, new suspension bushings, and a new header pipe (already did the exhaust this summer.)

non-car related, I’m hoping to use the fall/winter months to try to record some solo music. I discovered Ugritone drums (cheap recorded drum samples to be used for drum programming… so I don’t need to learn to actually play!) That will let me create some interesting stuff all by my lonesome. I may be collaborating with some folks as well. We shall see.

Ahh Sally needs better brakes & tires. I think that's the goal I'm aiming for this winter. OR .... re-doing the body work in the rear wheel wells / and front , to get bigger tires in. But ... we'll see.
    I also wanted to redo the trunk to something more modern. & i have a cluster to swap too.

As for drumming, I still use my Roland TD-11KV every week. Have a laptop with 1000+ songs, i hit play and just play along. DMB, Tool, SRV (stevie) , general rock songs..... I like playing Chevelle songs lately, they're just fun. But the hi-hat is getting annoying and not precise enough or horrible. I already changed out the pad too. I want to upgrade to a actual stand / pedal with electric top. & also add another crash would be nice. All $$$ of course....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140308_191342.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	4982926

Comment

Disassembly of a parts car 2007 Honda Element in progress. On the list for mine: Atomic blue rear cladding, rebuild rear suspension, add some accessories. If I find some money burning a hole in my pocket, I have a set of MDX 17" wheels that need to be refinished, then new tires and TPMS sensors.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

My only real goal for this winter is to convert this pile of parts I have amassed into some kind of actual progress on the CB7. It is finally starting to cool off!t
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

of course I make this post before I go on vacation to a cabin in the woods.

John, that’s awesome! I’ve been wanting to get some electronic drums. I’ve just been programming drums (poorly) using ugritone drums into Reaper. How long have you been playing?

Paul, nice! You always have a stockpile of parts. Elements keep catching my eye lately. So unique against our current backdrop of bubbly crossovers.

Scott, how long has it been since you drove that thing? I keep forgetting you still have it. Glad to hear it’s getting some attention!
          our weather turned chilly on the first day of fall. It was the weirdest thing. No transition. Just summer weather -> fall weather. It’s still good wrenching weather for another month or so, at least.

I just discovered that the crank seal I replaced on the Volvo last month is leaking. I must’ve messed something up. Time to take it all apart again.
          i just learned yesterday that my BMW will FINALLY be fixed in the next week or so, which means the Volvo can finally go under the knife (wrench).

Comment

Me playing drums... Oh ........ ahh since I was in grade 9. Sooo 25+ years. haha. Back in the day did bar gigs, parties, concerts, new years eve festivals, and even the Toronto / Montreal jazz music festival getting 3rd for the trio we had. Hauling around a big ass drum set and doing setup got really old, especially for bar gigs, and especially that there's no $$$ on it. I had a good 8 year break of moving around etc. then eventually sold the acoustic set and got this electric one. Sometimes guys I know will come by to jam, but they don't know how to keep time or count so that fun lasts about a day. Now I just play away on my own for my own fun. Sometimes I'll record the drums to a song (dub over) for fun.

Comment

Nice! It’s a shame you don’t have anyone competent to play with. That makes it hard.

I’ve been playing guitar for 30 years, bass for 23 (I primarily consider myself a bassist now). I studied music theory, played jazz guitar for a bit. Now I just play off and on with a punk band (same guitarist and singer since 1999.
              I’m also writing some metal stuff on my own. It’s not good, but I don’t care. It’s fun!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                of course I make this post before I go on vacation to a cabin in the woods.

Scott, how long has it been since you drove that thing? I keep forgetting you still have it. Glad to hear it’s getting some attention!
                our weather turned chilly on the first day of fall. It was the weirdest thing. No transition. Just summer weather -> fall weather. It’s still good wrenching weather for another month or so, at least.

I just discovered that the crank seal I replaced on the Volvo last month is leaking. I must’ve messed something up. Time to take it all apart again.
                i just learned yesterday that my BMW will FINALLY be fixed in the next week or so, which means the Volvo can finally go under the knife (wrench).
                I haven't driven it in about 2-3 years, but my dad was driving it periodically until just recently. It isn't too bad, except I think the last tank of gas went bad. It was running great and then, after running it, it fouled the plugs and now it won't run and misfires like crazy. I am leaning toward gas at this point, so I will need to drain it, flush it and clean it all out. Then we will go from there.

Physically, it is sun beaten, but not necessarily in worse shape than it ever was. My goal is to get it presentable within the next year from December, since 2023 will mark the 25th anniversary since I bought it. I want to work with my sister to try and do a commemorative video of it.

The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Same old car stuff for me. I *think* the wagon is now good to go back to a shop for fab & tuning, I just need to work back up the budget that I dug into to get it there. I'm going to try to pick up some ViS Evo-style side skirts for it soon (if you remember Ronald's car, it's still a huge inspiration for me), but otherwise the car will be sitting again until early spring. While my part of Colorado doesn't see much snow, our winters get far too cold for me to want to run an engine with forged pistons anyway, so I can wait.

In the meantime, I'm starting to stockpile parts for the daily RSX to give it a massive restoration over the next couple of years. The engine still feels solid power wise, and I've only lost a few MPGs more recently now that it's about to tick over 300k miles, but it's getting embarrassingly noisy, so there's a lot I want to replace just to see how many miles I can get out of it before it dies and I give it a proper swap. The chassis/suspension part failures are starting to become more frequent as well, so I want to do one huge, all-at-once refresh under the car to make it feel new again, even going so far as to get everything powder coated.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I have a pic of Ronald's car on my garage wall. Was a great inspiration for everyone here I believe...

Comment

I got an 86 Cabriolet that is getting an ABA/JH. Bored .5mm. Worked head with HD dual springs/cam, Weber 3236, TT tuning tall block down pipe, TT shift links, TT 2.25" exhaust, new beetle header. Manual steering conversion with rebuilt rack, rebuilt suspension and steering, AC delete, MK3 alternator with ribbed belt set up. Interior TBD... New top, bumper delete, milspec harness, coilovers and RPF1's.

Comment

we just moved into a new rental house, so I have a TON of new projects to work on. From my wife's desk area to a workshop in the basement, to just getting all of our art hung on the walls, there's so much to do!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                        X