dieting FTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dieting FTL

today i started my diet. i weigh about 254lbs and i am only 5'9". i want to go down to about 190 or so before April 07. it sucks cause i am cutting out all the stuff i like and replacing it with like slimfast shakes and cereal bars. the only meal i am allowing myself is a sensible dinner. also helping me is dexatrim max diet pills and my treadmill. yea so i weighed in at 254 this morning and i am gonna keep a weekly log of my weight loss as i shed the weight. i know many dont care but just lookin for some support on this.

thanks,
    David
    it's been a while but i'm back!!

well goodluck because its not easy to stay away from foods you love.. i am as tall as you and weigh the same.. i lost like 25 pounds but then i gained it all back.. you have to change your whole lifestyle..
    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

yea man i know. i have tried and failed many times before but this time is different. i have something to motivate me.... my health and the fact that i am going on a cruise soon and i want to look damn good which i have done in the past. all it takes is motivation. heart problems and diabetes run in my family so i want to do something about it before they both hit me.

Comment

Dieting is always difficult to stay with. If you get into a gym regiment not only will you increase the speed at which you're losing weight (muscle burns fat), but you'll help program your mind for a more "well being" attitude and stick with it. I've been training for 3 years, and it's made all the difference in the world......especially when you see the results.

Good luck with your plan, just stick to it and stay positive.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Whatever you do, be smart and read up on the subject as much as possible. DO NOT skip breakfast, it's probably the worst meal to skip. If you are going to skip any meal at all, skip dinner. Your metabolism is the highest in the morning and slowest at night. If you skip breakfast you rob yourself of that extra boost in metabolism and pretty much fuck yourself for the rest of the day.

You don't really need to live off of cereal bars and shakes, just don't eat shitty food. Whole wheat breads, grains, dark greens and fruits, colored fish that is either baked, grilled, or broiled like salmon and tuna. Chicken is good, and beef is good as long as it's nice and lean. Anything fried is bad. Also watch the ingredients and nutritional labels of EVERYTHING... there are a ton of "protein" bars out there that are made to taste good with names like "triple fudge blast" and shit like that. They do it with a TON of saturated fat and it's kinda like ordering a diet coke with a supersize mcdonalds meal. Unfortunately the energy/protein/meal bars that are best for you usually taste the worst, at least when you first start off. It's not that bad and you'll end up liking it if you're not a weenie.

On top of all that, exercise is a huge part that you can't forget. Do something strenuous for about 30 mins a day. It may seem hard if you're not used to it but it gets alot easier. Also, don't forget the vitamins. Every day, in the morning, right after you eat. Lots of water is good. If you drink energy drinks use the sugarfree ones. Better to use the low/no calorie energy drinks to speed up caloric burn of the good food you eat rather than refined sugar in the regular drinks.

If you do all this together properly, it will end up speeding up your metabolism, you'll have more energy, and you'll end up thin and jacked in no time. Just be prepared to get hungry every few hours, depending on how much you work out.

Edit: One more thing, don't rob yourself of sleep. Sleep deprivation kills your metabolism, increases cortisol, the stress hormone that retains body fat, and just generally makes you feel like shit.

Good luck.
          Last edited by Dirty Harry; 11-09-2006, 01:45 PM.

Comment

5'8" 145 ftw!
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              5'8" 145 ftw!
              damn ur frail as hell man. get some food in u and go to 165

Comment

Ciph knows what he's talking about. I'm a injured ex - football and basketball(highschool) player so I have gain alot of weight since my glory days. I'm 6' 1" , 280 lbs of fat and muscle. I lift alot of weights which is good and bad but the last 6 months I had to stop playing basketball(my only source of cardio) because my injuries worsten and my Doc said i had to stop or else. I dont like dieting because i'm not that motivated when it comes to diets but excercise is a breeze. I've also been a insomniac since my teens and Doc said thats a big negative while trying to lose weight. So if you get plenty of rest, get alot of carbio and moderate weight training along with those pills you should be good by April....stay focus bro
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  5'8" 145 ftw!
                  6'0" 130.

i win
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    6'0" 130.

i win
                    DAMN!
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

i use a product which replaces my meals and keeps me full. it helps me prevent colon cancer and cleanses out all tha gunk in the intestines. on average, a person holds 10-15lbss of gunk in their intestines. it's a 5 day thing. i drink shakes and bars. THE SIDE AFFECT IS that you can lose 5-10 lbs a day. this is my second time doing this. the first time i did this, i lost 8 lbs.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by xKingDomeCB7
                        i use a product which replaces my meals and keeps me full. it helps me prevent colon cancer and cleanses out all tha gunk in the intestines. on average, a person holds 10-15lbss of gunk in their intestines. it's a 5 day thing. i drink shakes and bars. THE SIDE AFFECT IS that you can lose 5-10 lbs a day. this is my second time doing this. the first time i did this, i lost 8 lbs.
                        Is that shit safe? I bet you and toilet is very good friends
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                          Whatever you do, be smart and read up on the subject as much as possible. DO NOT skip breakfast, it's probably the worst meal to skip. If you are going to skip any meal at all, skip dinner. Your metabolism is the highest in the morning and slowest at night. If you skip breakfast you rob yourself of that extra boost in metabolism and pretty much fuck yourself for the rest of the day.

You don't really need to live off of cereal bars and shakes, just don't eat shitty food. Whole wheat breads, grains, dark greens and fruits, colored fish that is either baked, grilled, or broiled like salmon and tuna. Chicken is good, and beef is good as long as it's nice and lean. Anything fried is bad. Also watch the ingredients and nutritional labels of EVERYTHING... there are a ton of "protein" bars out there that are made to taste good with names like "triple fudge blast" and shit like that. They do it with a TON of saturated fat and it's kinda like ordering a diet coke with a supersize mcdonalds meal. Unfortunately the energy/protein/meal bars that are best for you usually taste the worst, at least when you first start off. It's not that bad and you'll end up liking it if you're not a weenie.

On top of all that, exercise is a huge part that you can't forget. Do something strenuous for about 30 mins a day. It may seem hard if you're not used to it but it gets alot easier. Also, don't forget the vitamins. Every day, in the morning, right after you eat. Lots of water is good. If you drink energy drinks use the sugarfree ones. Better to use the low/no calorie energy drinks to speed up caloric burn of the good food you eat rather than refined sugar in the regular drinks.

If you do all this together properly, it will end up speeding up your metabolism, you'll have more energy, and you'll end up thin and jacked in no time. Just be prepared to get hungry every few hours, depending on how much you work out.

Edit: One more thing, don't rob yourself of sleep. Sleep deprivation kills your metabolism, increases cortisol, the stress hormone that retains body fat, and just generally makes you feel like shit.

Good luck.
                          Quoted so if you skimmed over it before, you'll read this mans post again.

Push away SODA, CANDY, Milkshakes, most ANYTHING white. White includes *limit* your intake of pastas, breads, potatoes, gravy with flour in it and most any other food with flour in it. Stick to the proteins and greens, and the fat wont stick to you.

Once again, eat breakfast. PLEASE. If you don't, and you just drink a sugar filled shake or cereal bar, you'll get the sugar rush for an hour, then you'll be hungry immediately after. Stay properly hydrated, drinking at least 64 oz of water a day, and more than that if you're going to be working out that day.

Do weight training before cardio. Resistance based exercise primes your muscles for aerobic exercise, and you'll lose the weight faster.

It sounds like you're going to try the starvation diet, which can only lead to all the weight coming RIGHT back as soon as you have "gone off" your diet, once you reach your goal weight. It's also bad for your immune system, to yo-yo like that.

Meal frequency is important. If you keep your glycemic index solid across the day, you won't have energy drops. That means actually EAT! Eat 4-5 times a day. Snack! Nuts are a good choice, along with vegetables. Don't eat a whole lot past 9PM, it just sits around and waits for your morning metabolism to kick in again to be processed. In order to lose ONE measly little pound, you must work off 3500 calories MORE than you consume in one day. You only burn 24 calories an hour sitting around watching TV.

Over all, if you fall off your "diet" and have 15 mini Snickers, don't freak out. Just resolve to do better the next day. It sounds like you have the resolve to do it, but are just a little misinformed about how weight loss works. I'm not blindly preaching, in 6 weeks I lost 35 lbs, and are still losing more. A SAFE weight loss is 2-3 lbs per week, obviously I exceeded that, but it was pure luck. My metabolism was stuck in molasses, and the jump start I gave it by doing all the above just kicked me into gear.

Edit: You don't need diet pills at all, - and they'll do nothing for you except make you jittery - if you eat properly and continue to exercise.

Good luck!!
                          Last edited by allgo_allshow; 11-09-2006, 03:50 PM.

Comment

5'11'' 170lbs here. DoctorCipher pretty much said it. Try to run and i mean run outside. i absolutly hate running inside especially on a treadmill. fresh air is a lot nicer then the smell of sweat. In the beginning the weight will drop faster but the key is to stick with it once the loss is not as significant. Good Luck
                            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                            Check out my JDM F22B swap
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

I went from 5-11, 149 freshman year of college to like 5-11 183 right now.

I gotted fat. Of course co-op sitting at a desk for 9 hours/day doesn't help, and living in the dorms eating Elios pizza nightly doesn't help.

One of these days I will really read up on getting unfat.

Comment

Working...
                              X