deevergote : 2009 Honda Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I thought about that myself! Get an oversized dish glove, and put it on over some winter gloves... waterproof up to the elbow, and nice and toasty!

The Fit is trashed, though. Cracked windshield, front bumper is hanging off (and cracked, I just saw last night), headlight is pointing down (bent metal...), scuff in the rear from when the lady hit me last monday, I'm in the process of trashing my third set of wheels, my suspension is blown (definitely the front passenger side... I slam on the brakes and it pulls that way!). Interior is filthy. Shift boot is ripped. Steering wheel is worn rough at about 10:00 (clock reference in terms of wear location.) Clutch will start slipping anyday, I'm sure. Spark plugs are original (I can't get to those suckers to change em!) Transmission is starting to get rough... needs a fluid change. Window washer fluid reservoir is busted (SUCKS not being able to wash my windshield with road salt all over it!), AC quit over a year ago...

I just changed my first lightbulb last night, though.
    Reading that moves the 2011 Fit into 1st place on my list of cars.
    Anything you regret about getting the Fit over another small commuter? Or are you 100% happy with it?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

wow...lol that is ALLOT of miles in 3 years but hey I think a routine serivce is due my friend
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

176,871,wow Honda's do last forever.The fit they are cool and if I had the money I would get one myself.I know the newer Civic's and Accords have K series engines what do the fits have?Now that I think about it what engines is honda using today???
        Last edited by thepowderblue; 06-18-2011, 06:29 PM.
        Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
        93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
          176,871,wow well Honda's do last forever.The fit they are cool and if I had the money I would get one myself.I know the newer Civic's and Accords have K series engines what do the fits have?Now that I think about it what engines is honda using today???
          Im pretty sure the fit is an L series

newer sohc civics use the R series

anything 4 cylinder DOHC is a k series of some sort

anything honda v6 is a J series

Comment

Weird, for some reason I expected red....
            White works, just not what I expected
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I just came in here to say that every time I see a fit, especially a white one, I say to myself, "The Fit is DEEV!"

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                I just came in here to say that every time I see a fit, especially a white one, I say to myself, "The Fit is DEEV!"

Same here.

Comment

Red Fits are fugly!

The engine is an L15A.
                  It has 188,000+ on it now.

I drive 1500-2000 miles a week on average. Sometimes more.

Comment

I hate working on those engines (@__@ )

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Yeah. I had to take it in to get the spark plugs changed (at 197,000 miles!) because I couldn't get to them! They're tucked under the intake manifold, in the back... such a PITA!

I'm glad the L15A is such a solid piece of engineering. I rarely have to do anything to it!

Comment

He's probably past 400K by now.
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

331,000 :d

Comment

It's good to hear the Fit is still going strong. My '09 (sport model) is about to hit 90k and the only thing we've had to "fix" was a new a/c compressor at 40K miles. Thank goodness for the extended warranty as that was over $600. I would love to get something a bit more comfortable, but there's really nothing out there that's comparable to the Fit in regards to room and gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              331,000 :d
                              jakfrost still doing maintenance on it?
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X