deevergote : 2009 Honda Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    As Zach said, the 1st gen was the same across the board as well. The 1st gen suspension is easier to work on, though. I helped to install a Skunk2 coilover system on uslspct's car the day before I bought mine, and it was cake. When I got mine, I saw that you can't even see the front strut towers under the hood! They're hidden behind a black plastic door up in the cowling... not much room to get a wrench in there.

But yeah, wider wheels might aid stability. It's the height and boxy side area that does it. Wind, trucks, etc... they all cause me to go squirly on the highway. A little more downforce would help as well. I wonder if the larger wheels and kit would cost me some mpg...
    The aero stuff might actually help a little since most of it controls the flow under the car, or improves it. The spoiler should too, as it will probable reduce more lift than increase drag.

As for the tires, they may cost a little bit of MPG, but I doubt much. I was averaging 35 MPG in the CM's on the highway lately, and they are a lot bigger, heavier and have much bigger tires. 1-2 MPG maybe at the top end. It would probably worth the stability though. Perhaps the combo of the tires and aero bits result in a net wash. Isn't the sport rated the same MPG as the base?
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

But yeah, wider wheels might aid stability. It's the height and boxy side area that does it. Wind, trucks, etc... they all cause me to go squirly on the highway. A little more downforce would help as well. I wonder if the larger wheels and kit would cost me some mpg...
      Wheel weight and width will play a factor, as well as tire compound.

Obviously a wider tire will generate more friction due to the wider contact patch and more rubber on the road. If you were to go up to something like even a 195/55-15 on a very light wheel, you shouldn't lose that much in MPG.

I'm fairly certain you could easily obtain wheels that are lighter than the steelies on there now.

I would look for a tire that has a high treadwear rating. It should be composed of a harder compound, which shouldn't stick to the road as well as a softer compound tire, but will generate less friction in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
        hey mike you look like you lost some weight there buddy.
        I said that already

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The purpose was to save money! An extra $1600 wasn't going to do that for me!

The sport package is all aesthetic anyway... MAYBE better aerodynamics... but that's it.
          1600 good lord, i'd rather throw some fresh wheels and suspension on the fit.

Comment

Hey Deev i have a set of GSR Meshies with 205/55/15
            Or I can throw your stock 15's them...

Let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
              Hey Deev i have a set of GSR Meshies with 205/55/15
              Or I can throw your stock 15's them...

Let me know...

silly jack, those are for an acura.

Comment

Yeah, I can't put Acura wheels on a Honda! Geez!

Seriously though, I may be interested. They'd probably look pretty damn good on there! If I ever get anything else, they could also go on the hatchback (also 4x100), and they'd look kickass on there too!

Comment

you sir, should slap on a set of these OEM beauties

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

Wanna send me a set? I'll send you a Wendy's Double Stack in return! Two square shaped beef patties. Fantastic... I had 2 yesterday, and they managed to stay inside me for about 2 hours. I was 1lb lighter after I made my deposit... and pissed off my singer's wife (I was at their house... )

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
                      you sir, should slap on a set of these OEM beauties

Ah the 2.0S

Factory K20 installed

Nice Fit Deev , those are growing on me , I might replace the CB with that.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Too bad those wheels are 4x100 bolt pattern also I assume.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah, but so is the Fit... (and my 86 Accord hatchback)... so there's no "too bad" about it

I already have 2-3 sets of wheels for the CB. Not including steelies.

Comment

Yeah, but so is the Fit... (and my 86 Accord hatchback)... so there's no "too bad" about it

I already have 2-3 sets of wheels for the CB. Not including steelies.
                            wheel whoreeeeeee ....

Comment

*hint *hint

go vip
                              MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88 View Post
                                *hint *hint

go vip
                                That would hardly do well for my job!

Update: I rolled over 19,000 miles today. That's in about 3 months.

My Christmas present to the car will be an oil change on Christmas Day

Comment

Working...
                                X