No announcement yet.

Chubbykai/TheNextEpisode : 1989 Honda CRX HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do everything else like you've done everything so far......this thing is gonna be MEAN.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Agreed about the parents, semitas.

Regarding a finished CRX, I don't think that's going to come any time soon. Money woes, at least on my end of the car, are seriously limiting progress. There are more updates to come though, just that the finish line is still far off.

Really appreciate the comments, guys!

Also w00t on 4th page status. Page 3 was getting pretty picture heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post

Regarding a finished CRX, I don't think that's going to come any time soon. Money woes, at least on my end of the car, are seriously limiting progress. There are more updates to come though, just that the finish line is still far off.
        lol i should just put you into more debt.

hopefully the next upcoming mods regards safety: possibly rollcage (money woes), seats (money woes), harness (money woes).

but who needs to be safe in a 1700 lb car anyways just drive faster to avoid any accidents

edit: oh and thanks for all the comments guys, its been about 6 months since we've actually done anything new to the rex
        Last edited by chubbykai; 07-13-2009, 11:31 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by chubbykai View Post
          lol i should just put you into more debt.
          I can't chase your enormous allowance/paycheck much further.

Comment

it took me a good hour to read this thread at work from beginning till now! well worth it. it is really inspiring, keep up the good work guys!

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

When are you guys expecting to have the car on the track? I'd love to see this car in person out there.

What brake pads are you running with the legend calipers? I remember having to do the same thing for my friends integra track car, but instead of diy grinding the brackets it we had a machine shop grind it to fit the curve of the mounting tabs on the knuckle.

Comment

Thanks, lo_dit! I really appreciate it when I hear that people actually read through our posts. It's a sizable time investment.

We're running Hawk HPS Plus pads, on all four corners.
                So you had the caliper brackets ground to seat correctly on the knuckle? Also was it a DC or DA?

If we can get everything squared away, we're aiming for Speed Ventures @ Buttonwillow on Aug. 1st or 2nd. It would be great to see you and other CB7tuners out there, but I think we need to get a handle on how this car drives. We'll probably just be out there embarrassing ourselves the first couple times on the track.

Comment

We're running Hawk HPS Plus pads, on all four corners.
                  So you had the caliper brackets ground to seat correctly on the knuckle? Also was it a DC or DA?

If we can get everything squared away, we're aiming for Speed Ventures @ Buttonwillow on Aug. 1st or 2nd. It would be great to see you and other CB7tuners out there, but I think we need to get a handle on how this car drives. We'll probably just be out there embarrassing ourselves the first couple times on the track.
                  Hawk HP+ in the front would have been enough. HP+ in the rear is going to be too aggressive. The brakes were put on a DC after we rebuilt the calipers.

Buttonwillow in August is going to be hell. It is so hot out there. I think the next time I'll be at the track is Streets of Willow in September with Speed Ventures.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                    Hawk HP+ in the front would have been enough. HP+ in the rear is going to be too aggressive. The brakes were put on a DC after we rebuilt the calipers.
                    Yeah, you're prolly right about the HP+ in the rear. It seems like there's only 5-10 lbs out over the rear tires.

Frankly the idea of using different category pads between front and back never occurred to me.

Buttonwillow in August is going to be hell. It is so hot out there. I think the next time I'll be at the track is Streets of Willow in September with Speed Ventures.
                    haha yeah it'll be hot out there. We often go out shooting/motorcycle riding in Mojave around that time, so we're pretty used to being out in the sun in 110 degree weather. My only worry in that department is how the car's cooling system holds up.

Comment

nice project car!

Comment

so any new developments on this?

Comment

haha yeah it'll be hot out there. We often go out shooting/motorcycle riding in Mojave around that time, so we're pretty used to being out in the sun in 110 degree weather. My only worry in that department is how the car's cooling system holds up.
                          Yeah, cooling is always a problem for us, but the integra was running a half core fluidyne instead of a regular full core that the car usually comes with. I've seen the coolant reserve bottle boiling and shaking violently on that integra before and at the same time the brakes were smoking and on fire with its Porterfield R4 brake pads.

Comment

Man o man. I love your CRX so much i'm in a hunt for one. And Swapped with Rebuilt F22A

I found one for $500. I don't know if I want to tackle this project

CRX looks like very easy to work on

Comment

MOAR!
                              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Yeah, cooling is always a problem for us, but the integra was running a half core fluidyne instead of a regular full core that the car usually comes with. I've seen the coolant reserve bottle boiling and shaking violently on that integra before and at the same time the brakes were smoking and on fire with its Porterfield R4 brake pads.
                                omfg hahah
                                Damn that's some heat. We're running a full length radiator right now, we'll see if its enough. It really seems like everything has got to come down to reliability. We're hoping to expose and subsequently iron out some of those kinks at the track.

Obviously arriving at the track with a slow running car > arriving at the track with a non-operational fast car.

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
                                Man o man. I love your CRX so much i'm in a hunt for one. And Swapped with Rebuilt F22A

I found one for $500. I don't know if I want to tackle this project

CRX looks like very easy to work on
                                Tight dude! The f22 swap will be a mean upgrade. The CRX is indeed pretty easy to work on, mainly cause it's equipped with very little accessories. It's about as logical as the CB7 to work on, so its pretty good in that department.

500 bucks is a good price for a shell. Could you provide a little more detail about the shell?

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic View Post
                                nice project car!
                                Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                                so any new developments on this?
                                Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                                MOAR!
                                I'll post up another update tonight most likely.
                                Thanks for the interest guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X