No announcement yet.

MikeW : 2001 Honda Accord V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going for subtle drop. Classy drop. Sports drop. Not ultimate slammage, lol. I want the ride quality to be as close to OEM while still ridding myself of some of that tire gap.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Many pages, so there must be a lot going on here, Mike. Give me some time to dissect the pages. I know I'll be impressed.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Uh....there will be disappoint, lol.

Long story-short; exhaust, HIDs, LEDs, tint, woodgrain everywhere, Si wheels and EDM tails. Oh, and fog lights.

That's. About. It.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

What Konis are you finding for $250-300? The reds or the yellows? If your finding the yellows fir that much let me know. Lol. But if your finding the reds for that price too, I might end up going with that combo as well.

Comment

Yellows.

Tirerack or some website has them for like $125 each in the spring/summertime. I'll postup if/when i come across them.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              Debadge? Nevar!

Eh, the thought has crossed my mind. It came with gold emblems but they were all pitted and gross so I went out and bought new silver ones. Hell, I have the "V6" badge on their and fools still try to race me. So I guess, either way, it wouldn't matter, lol.

Im trying for a nav unit in the next coming weeks and then i'll be working on suspension. More than likely going Koni Yellows and GC sleeves set to a certain rate. Currently trying to find out how much extra custom rates will cost, if anything, and then just saving for them.
              People try to race you because these V6's are SLOW!!!!

I like to do things right, even if it costs more money. That's just my prerogative.

If I do suspension, it's gonna either be F2T2 or Koni/GC or Koni/Eibach.

The Koni's are like $250-$300 all day long. Eibachs are a little more than that and the GCs we dont know yet. Probably not that expensive either. Last I checked, T2s go for close a grand. Either of the Koni setups will cost 2/3 that.

Trust me. Ive spent a good amount of time talking to Adam(mndude07) about suspension and we both concluded that a spring/shock combo would suit my needs/wants best.

And it's one of those things that's gonna be hard for me to pull the trigger on. This is my ONLY car. My DD. I drive to work in this thing, I grocery get in this thing, I drive long distances in this thing, I drive in the snow in this thing. So any suspension work has to be able to handle those conditions. Plus, in my mind, a drop plays with the overall re-sale-ability of the vehicle. If I dont play with suspension, I can sell it to any ordinary Joe Shmoe. However, in my mind, if I do a drop or any major suspension work, no ordinary Joe Shmoe is gonna want the car. And that lessens my chances of selling and narrows the field of buyers. Not that I plan on selling it anytime soon but in the off-chance that I do or need to, I dont want to have to sit on it forever, waiting for some kid who wants a lowered Honda to come along and buy it from me.
              Personally, I would highly consider Neuspeeds if they make them as well. You just can't beat the ride quality with a good set of shocks. I don't have any problems with Eibach per se, but make sure whatever you get is progressive rate. That is what will really preserve ride quality.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                People try to race you because these V6's are SLOW!!!!
                THANK YOU VERY MUCH SCOTT!

Lol. Sadly, I know. I meant little ricer civics and 4cyl accords. Buddy of mine has a CB with an H23 built for NOS, minus the nitrous, and he gave me a run.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                Personally, I would highly consider Neuspeeds if they make them as well. You just can't beat the ride quality with a good set of shocks. I don't have any problems with Eibach per se, but make sure whatever you get is progressive rate. That is what will really preserve ride quality.
                Ive thought about Neuspeed. A 6G cup kit, of sorts. And Im definitely shooting for progressive rates. I dont want a harsh ride, if I can avoid it, and Im definitely not shooting for slammage or tucking tires. Id just want little to no gap on the 17s and I dont really care about it on the 16s as they'll be winter tires.

Comment

Who's up for some TL strut bars...?

Comment

is it weird that until around decemeber of last year, i didn't realize that the tailighs of the 6th gen accord coupe were remeniscent of the Acura/Honda NSX?
                    Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 05-28-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Who's up for some TL strut bars...?

Wat
                      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                        is it weird that until around decemeber of last year, i didn't realize that the tailighs of the 6th gen accord coupe was remeniscent of the Acura/Honda NSX?
                        No. I get that a lot actually. I notice it myself. Especially at night.

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                        Wat
                        Werd.

Front is like $50. RSB, with Moog bushing is gonna be in the $150 range. Unless I go progressive RSB.

Comment

Not sure if you know this but you can use the RSB from the '04-07 TL 6spd on the CG. Instead of paying $150+ for 23mm you can get 22mm I think for $65 from the dealership.

Comment

That's cool u guys have oem strut bars, is it the same for the rear?
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                              Not sure if you know this but you can use the RSB from the '04-07 TL 6spd on the CG. Instead of paying $150+ for 23mm you can get 22mm I think for $65 from the dealership.
                              I'm pretty sure they are 20mm.
                              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                                Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                                I'm pretty sure they are 20mm.
                                This.

07 MT TL bar is 20 or 21mm. Progressive is 24mm.

The TL bar, yes, is cheap. Throw in Moog bushings and it's another $50. Im not track racer or anything, but I figure, if Im gonna spend $100+ on the thing, I might as well go for the gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X