• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is gonna be awesome!!!!!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Very nice Ronald, very nice.

Screw putting the carpet back in. Unless you plan on "hiding" stuff. Otherwise, just put the seats back in and call it a day.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Awesome progress!!! makes me want to have a car like this

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
        be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

this is awesome dude. out of curiosity, why are you going with a red top battery? for what they are, they are heavy and expensive, Braile has a lot of batteries that are like 1/3 the weight with the same amount of cranking power. the only problem with them is the reserve time, but unless you plan on leaving your radio on for a while without the engine running, you should be fine. they are also cheaper than optima's

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Good looking lude. I can't wait to see what kind of wheel combo you'll though on this one.

Comment

Good call on no interior I'll be removing the majority of mine as well. Hondas don't have a ton of power, so we have to take advantage of their weight! Looks good so far man, are you keeping your abs system?
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I guess this answers my question about what's next for you. Great new project man. Can't wait to see it progress.
                ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

One project that won't disappoint a soul here.

Comment

I like the pictures , keep those coming.

Comment

Any pics of the other Aero parts that you have acquired?

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                        Nice start, I like where this is going...
                        Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                        thats how you do it man
                        Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                        This is gonna be awesome!!!!!
                        Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        Very nice Ronald, very nice.

Screw putting the carpet back in. Unless you plan on "hiding" stuff. Otherwise, just put the seats back in and call it a day.
                        Originally posted by busak87 View Post
                        Awesome progress!!! makes me want to have a car like this
                        Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                        I guess this answers my question about what's next for you. Great new project man. Can't wait to see it progress.
                        Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                        One project that won't disappoint a soul here.
                        Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        I like the pictures , keep those coming.
                        Thanks for all the support everyone

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Shit man.......
                        Haha is there something you don't like bro?

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        this is awesome dude. out of curiosity, why are you going with a red top battery? for what they are, they are heavy and expensive, Braile has a lot of batteries that are like 1/3 the weight with the same amount of cranking power. the only problem with them is the reserve time, but unless you plan on leaving your radio on for a while without the engine running, you should be fine. they are also cheaper than optima's
                        Thanks man The Red Top I got for dirt cheap! $20 to be exact haha..I just needed something that would start the car, make sure everything is running and in working condition! So the Red Top is just a temp battery..I have been looking at Braille batteries, and they do look good! Once everything is done and almost good to go, I'll upgrade the battery

Originally posted by jdm****** View Post
                        Good looking lude. I can't wait to see what kind of wheel combo you'll though on this one.
                        Thanks bro! I can't wait either! But I need to test out a couple of wheels first, as I have absolutely NO idea when it comes to stance for this chassis! I'm a complete n00b, so I'll have to start from scratch and work my way up!

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        Good call on no interior I'll be removing the majority of mine as well. Hondas don't have a ton of power, so we have to take advantage of their weight! Looks good so far man, are you keeping your abs system?
                        For sure bro, this car is on a strict diet at the moment! lol...ABS, I am keeping for now, as well as power steering..A/C I will keep IF it is in good working condition..Power steering I will let go once I get myself a spare rack & pinion and "convert" it to work well without the help of the PS pump..

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                        Any pics of the other Aero parts that you have acquired?
                        Not yet bro, just the Value Sport side skirts for now. The Chargespeed front lip is still on its way! I'm VERY excited about this front lip Will take pics as soon as it arrives!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't done too much work on this project the past week or two..When I did have some time to work on the car, the weather was just too crappy..And when the weather is nice, I always have other things to do BUT! I did manage to work on my 5-lug conversion parts that I acquired a while ago! I picked them up sometime last month for $100, a complete front & rear BB6 setup. However, everything was still bolted on together..

Front knuckles (With drive axles and axle nuts still attached and torqued properly )

After some hammering and disassembling..

Rear BB6 5-lug setup (Complete with trailing arms, OEM rear sway bar, etc. etc.)

Halfway through the dis-assembly process..

Completely disassembled..

Complete BB6 front and rear knuckles with 5x114.3 bolt pattern..

Some parts to be installed on these components:

Front:
                        - New OEM lower ball joints
                        - New OEM wheel bearings
                        - New 11.2" slotted rotors
                        - ARP Extended Studs
                        - SPC Adjustable Ball-Joint Type Camber kit
                        - Spoon Twinblock calipers (If budget allows for me to acquire these this year)
                        - New Drive Axles (Driver's side & Passenger's side)

Rear:
                        - New OEM lower ball joints
                        - NEW OEM wheel bearings
                        - New 10.2" slotted rotors
                        - ARP Extended Studs
                        - SPC Adjustable Ball-Joint Type Camber kit
                        - Prothane Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
                        - Progress 27mm Rear Sway Bar
                        - Progress pillowball mount rear sway bar endlinks

Wayyy more parts to list, I just don't remember them all at the moment haha..OH! I've also found out that Endless/Zeal has their line of "Super Function" coilovers that would fit on BB1-BB8 chassis! I am SO VERY excited! My only problem is the fact that they literally cost 400% more than my BC Racing coilovers! lol so I can't say I am getting them 100% this year..It will depend on how my budget is by the end of Spring!

And yes, the wheel in the background will be the temp wheels for this project, just so I can have an idea on what 16x7" +50 wheels paired with 215/45R16 RE-01R tires will look like in terms of stance! I'm sure you know what these wheels are! '98-spec JDM DC2-R OEM wheels:

I've always wanted these wheels, and I'm glad that I finally got my hands on a set of these! They weigh next to nothing, even with these heavy RE-01R tires mounted on them!

Anyway, that is all the update I have for now. I've done a bit more work on the interior, will post pics of those later! Stay tuned guys

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

ZOMG!!!!! I love the wheels man!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

im loving this. i believe my next build will be prelude. i want one. its way out of the normal car to do so. also nice choice on tires.

Comment

Awesome Ronald! I wish it were easy for me to do a 5-lug swap, but mine is 4x100 so that's ok with me too. Anything to get away from the horrible 4x114.3 lug pattern!

I would keep the ABS system permanently unless it craps out. 98% of the time, it makes the car faster on the track. Not very many people can out-brake ABS.

Also, the preludes have a very tight steering rack compared to the CB, so coupled with an aggressive offset, that car could become very difficult to turn!

I like the wheels too btw.
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

you dont waste anytime do you
                                MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X