No announcement yet.

Ronald_Type-R : 1993 Honda Prelude SR-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This lude is gonna be so sick when it is done!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
      Understatement of the year....

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Awesome Build Ronald. My favorite Honda besides the cb. Ive always loved the chargespeed lip for this! Its gonna be sooo awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          I love you

Ronald, recent action looks great. That dry ice really did the job and that fresh paint really shows the age of the rest of the paint, lol. Im having a hard time picturing that lip on but it looks weird. Maybe once its on and painted itll look better.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Cant wait for the finish product!!!
            I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
            Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            My coupe!!!
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
            Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
              looking good bro. cant wait until its drop with new wheels
              Thanks Larry!

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              looks good ronald, and will look really good with some floormats and racing buckets. did you clean up all the remnants of the sound deadening goo, or did you just spray over it?
              Thanks bro..I managed to scrape off most of the remaining sound deadening material that was left, and cleaned it as best as I could before spraying over it. It's not perfect, but by all means, this won't be a show car either I'm just happy that I got most of the sound deadening material off the chassis!

Originally posted by jdm****** View Post
              I'm loving the progress on this lude. Do you have any updates for the Land Cruiser?
              Thanks man! No updates on the Land Cruiser, it's still the way it is exactly..Haven't done anything to it other than a full 3" turbo back exhaust.

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
              Looks great with some fresh paint man! I like the body kit too, haven't seen one much like that before. I kind of want to repaint the inside of mine too after removing the tar, but they don't make perfect match phoenix red, and I'm eventually repainting. Might do it anyways to keep rust away.

I wish I was able to work on mine this much!
              You know me, I try my best to be different than everyone else, especially when it comes to exterior parts They really don't have perfect match for your car's paint code? That's really weird..I could've sworn I saw cans of Duplicolor Perfect Match for Phoenix Red when I was buying my paint last time..

I'd say spray it bro, if you're going to end up removing the tar..I personally think it makes the interior look better, no square patches of unpainted chassis at least! lol..

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
              You never cease to amaze.

I tried searching for this gen Prelude for a bit before I fixed the rust on my Accord but never found one that met my standards (ie no rust). I always wanted to make a custom set of vents that sit next to the headlights and remove that center bar.

Do you plan on keeping the car red?
              Thanks Mike! You know what, funny enough, I have thought of doing that as well for the vents! Haha shouldn't be hard to do, and I think it'll look better..I've been looking for a set of JDM eyelids as well, since those usually replace the stock vents..But so far, no luck

I do plan on keeping the car red! I've always wanted a red car Not sure if I'm going to keep this red, or if I'm going to go with another red..NSX's Formula Red is nice, but now that I have access to all Ferrari and Lamborghini paint mix, I've been re-thinking everything lol...There's Rosso Scuderia, Rosso Corsa, and a few weeks ago I bumped into a Rosso Vik LP640 Spider and fell in love with the color! I still haven't made a decision yet, but I know for a fact that I want a Red that will go well with a set of white wheels!

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
              This makes me want a lude, bad.

Any plans to seal off the trunk area? I think a bit of sheet in there would set it off nicely.
              Seal off the trunk area, as in putting a panel where the back seat used to be? I've sourced out a CF sheet panel large enough to cover that area, as well as the rear deck lid where the rear speakers used to be..If all goes well, I will seal off the trunk area using those CF panels

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
              Wait a minute are those pictures from the fall or something? Because you have no snow and there is green grass and shit, and your in Vancouver! Mystery!
              Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
              Haha thats Vancouver weather for you! Nothing but green grass and sunny days for us in February

Ronald! Glad you are back, i dont know how i missed this thread for so long. Car is looking good, cant wait to see what you got in store. Photoshoot this summer?
              Yup! That's Vancouver for you! lol..And Aleks, sure thing bro, we're still due for a photoshoot! Although lately, it looks like your shots have been a lot better than mine!

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
              Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              Understatement of the year....
              Originally posted by 1990accordex-r View Post
              Awesome Build Ronald. My favorite Honda besides the cb. Ive always loved the chargespeed lip for this! Its gonna be sooo awesome.
              Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
              Cant wait for the finish product!!!
              Haha thanks guys! I hope I won't disappoint..

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              Ronald, recent action looks great. That dry ice really did the job and that fresh paint really shows the age of the rest of the paint, lol. Im having a hard time picturing that lip on but it looks weird. Maybe once its on and painted itll look better.
              Thanks man! I know, the unpainted Chargespeed front lip mounted on the car makes it look like Santa Claus with his big white beard, but I hope that once painted, it will look a lot better! I know it'll look better, I just don't know how much better it will look haha we will find out soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, I haven't been able to do much the past 2 weeks, with the crap weather we've been getting and all...But here's an update that I have so far!

First things first, did a final coat on the interior, and everything is good to go..

Secondly, the ECU wiring plugs...I took a picture a while ago to show you guys how the previous owner pretty much hacked up the wiring harness to the ECU..I'm guessing he was running some sort of piggyback management, perhaps a VTEC Controller or something..Who knows! Anyway, I've been meaning to fix it, but I had a problem of not being able to figure out how to successfully pull the pins out of the ECU plugs in order to do this properly!

A few days ago, I FINALLY figured out how to do it properly, and so I decided it's time to fix the mess on the wiring harness!

Before..

OBD1 ECU wiring plugs off my CB7 (RIP), with pins successfully pulled out of the plugs!

No messing around..Doing everything properly! Hacked up wire was cut, and then new wire off the CB7 ECU plugs was attached...Soldered..

And shrink-wrapped..

Of course I'm not going to show that to all the wires that I had to fix LOL but you guys get the idea!

My working station..

Excess wires & junk I took off the hacked-up wiring harness..

After!

ECU re-mounted, everything back together..Some things are better left looking like factory! Quick question...Does anyone have any idea what that small black box beside the ECU could be? I haven't done my research on it yet, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea!

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

After ECU wiring plugs have been tackled, I moved on to the engine bay area, specifically the MAP sensor..From the very first day I got this car, I've always been a bit annoyed of how messy the MAP sensor assembly is on this car!

As you can see, I do have an OBD2 throttle body, with an OBD2 MAP sensor attached on top of it! So I figured I'd re-wire the harness in order to accept the OBD2 MAP sensor

After..

While I was at it, and messing around with vacuum lines, I decided to take out the evap canister as well. I've never really understood what these things do to begin with..I know it's for aircare/smog purposes, but is it bad if you run your car without it? Well anyway, I took it out, curious if the car would run fine without it. So far, car seems to be running normal..But if anyone thinks removing the evap canister is a bad idea, then by all means, please chime in!

After OBD1 MAP sensor and evap canister delete..

That's really all the update that I have for now guys..I've also found out that my A/C system is lacking pressure, and will need to be recharged..Tomorrow, if I have time, I will be checking all the A/C lines to make sure nothing is leaking. If everything looks good, I will recharge the A/C and call it a day..If I do find leaks, etc etc., I will be removing the A/C system off the car and shave another 50lbs or so off this chassis...I want to keep the A/C though..I won't remove it unless I have no other choice!

Some random parts I got over the past week..

Forbidden Short Shifter Assembly

AEM Tru-Power PS & Alternator Pullies

Next on the to-do list

- Sand down shifter base plate and repaint
                - Install Forbidden SS Assembly
                - Corsport Shifter Base bushings

Thanks for looking guys! More updates soon

Ronald

Comment

Ron everything looks great man. great choice of parts. i dont know what that black box is either. My prelude has is it. wtf. some knows what part that is. we should look into it

Comment

Might be easier to have that shifter plate sandblasted.
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Bro this is awesome man, you could put all the RTR posts in here together like a story book to read to your children

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Man! Looking good bro. I can't wait to see it again soon. So much inspiration

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                          Ron everything looks great man. great choice of parts. i dont know what that black box is either. My prelude has is it. wtf. some knows what part that is. we should look into it
                          Thanks Larry! Yeah it's starting to bug me now, I really want to know what that black box does! Argh..I have the e-manual, I'm just too lazy to search! I shall do that in a bit..

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                          Might be easier to have that shifter plate sandblasted.
                          It's not that bad bro, it's more surface rust than anything A little wire brush action and the rust came right off!

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Bro this is awesome man, you could put all the RTR posts in here together like a story book to read to your children
                          Haha..I just want to keep track of everything I've done to the car so far, and to create a decent build journal out of it

Originally posted by CB3 View Post
                          Man! Looking good bro. I can't wait to see it again soon. So much inspiration
                          Thanks bro! you definitely need to come down here soon! And bring the CB this time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a bit of spare time today, and the weather was nice, so I decided to do a bit more work...Nothing major though, I only had an hour or so to work on the car today..

As mentioned on my next to-do list: The shifter assembly!

Before..

Rusty!

Forbidden SS vs. Stock BB1 shifter..

After some light wire-brush action..

Rust fully removed, then painted with gloss black rust paint (first coat)..

Internal parts swapped on the shifter assembly..

Final product!

Corsport Shifter Base solid bushings are on the way, so those would be installed as soon as they arrive..I'm still undecided on which shift knob I should get! There's the new Mugen ball shift knob, there's ARC titanium shift knob, and other shift knobs as well...I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of this!

Other than that though, I found out that the radiator installed in the car is very old, and would need to be replaced..So Mishimoto full aluminum radiator is on the way, as well as 2 12" slim fans, and Samco radiator hoses

I am a bit disappointed today. Was about to order my CF Vision Type MC Side Mirrors for this car today when I found out that Vision has gone out of business! Such bad luck for me..I've been looking everywhere today, with no luck or whatsoever..Even A&J Racing couldn't get them in, but they did promise to check and see if Spoon can source one out for me...If they still can't, then I'm SOL I have a few phone calls to make first thing tomorrow morning, hopefully I can source a set for my car! I want these so badly!!!!

Anyway, aside from all that, I am now taking a break from the car to collect more parts for it before I start taking apart the footwork and upgrading all the parts..Hopefully by next month I will have all the parts that I need..Stay tuned guys!

Ronald

Comment

very nice progress!!!

Lou's Build Thread!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

dont forget to install the radiator fans in front of the radiator.

Comment

Is that necessary with these slim fans, Larry? Because installing these fans in front of the rad would require me to lose my A/C condensor, I'm pretty sure

Comment

Working...
                                X