i like that bumper but wish it was lower

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Mugen nose is the shit, funktional too it looks like

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I do have to agree that mugen bumper looks awesome!!!!

Any updates ronald?

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
          PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

wow i was not aware of this thread LOL! man i think you've invested more money than my dinky project.

but i'm with you on the maintenance part. i gotta start replacing all my bushings on my car or anything that has to do with rubber. i also have the knocking sound coming from my rear, i'm still running on oem sway bar and i think the noise is coming from there.

how do you like your coils? and did you order custom spring rates? because i want to change up my suspension to another fully adjustable one but its hard to choose.

welcome to the bb family! best of luck on your build!
            Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 06-05-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Any Updates,

Like a noob I didn't read everything. Is the car officially "finished"?
              Last edited by WilliamW; 06-10-2011, 06:29 PM.
              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                Any Updates,

Like a noob I didn't read everything. Is the car officially "finished"?
                oh no. ron always takes his time and he found a great platform so he will be doing everything right. thats how you are suppose to do it.

Comment

Your attention to detail is impeccable man! Covering all the bases and making sure everything is done right. Can't wait to see what else is in store for this car.

Comment

Sick wheels (and the white letters, haha), I've been debating a 5-lug swap and I think I may have just found justification! Can't wait to see them spaced out!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

What's up guys! I'm really sorry I haven't been updating this MR thread..Work has just been killing me, so many cars at work that I have to take care of, I haven't been taking care of my own car!

Truth to be told, there wasn't much update on this car for this month, actually..The last time I posted an update, you all know that the car is on the ground already..Right after that, the Lude was towed to our bodyshop to get the front end aligned and what not, since the headlights, fenders, hood and bumper didn't line up with each other!

(Before going further, I'd like to apologize for the following cell phone pics..Like I said, very busy and strapped for time, this month I snapped everything using my BB Torch! So please forgive the shit quality photos!)

This is the Lude all strapped and getting towed to our bodyshop..

That was about a month ago lol..The bodyshop was busy, since we had a lot of project cars ahead of the Prelude that needed to be worked on (GTR, AMG G55, F430, 599, Murcielago, etc. etc.)..So the Lude sat in the bodyshop for almost a month while waiting for its turn..Which wasn't bad, I must say..I needed a break from spending money on the Lude anyway lol!

Who am I kidding...While the Lude was sitting at the body shop, I ended up hunting for some SQ sound system components..I wanted to try SQ for the Lude, since I've never gotten into SQ before..So I figured now is a good time..I need music in my car! Even if I can barely hear it since the car is completely stripped and lacking sound deadening material So I found myself an Eclipse Fujitsu-Ten CD3200 SQ Head Unit, matched with a set of Focal Polyglass 165 VB 6.5" SQ Component Speakers, powered by an old skool, small but solid Made in U.S.A. Rodek RA250E 2-channel SQ Amplifier! To keep the weight down, that's all I will be running..A head unit, a small amp, and a pair of 6.5" components mounted on the front door!

I also bought myself a box full of OEM Honda Parts, since I planned on doing a major service on the H22A once the car is out of the bodyshop!

- 14400-P13-014 (H22A4 Timing Belt) (x1)
                      - 13405-PT0-004 (H22A4 Balancer Belt) (x1)
                      - 19200-P13-003 (H22A4 Water Pump) (x1)
                      - 91213-PR3-004 (H22A4 Cam Seal) (x2)
                      - 12513-P31-000 (H22A4 Cam End Seal) (x1)
                      - 15825-P13-005 (H22A4 VTEC Solenoid Gasket) (x1)
                      - 12030-P13-000 (H22A4 Valve Cover Gasket Set) (x1)
                      - 30110-PA1-732 (H22A4 Distributor O-Ring) (x1)
                      - 91212-PAA-001 (H22A4 Crank Seal) (x1)
                      - 15114-PT0-003 (H22A4 Oil Pump Drive Seal) (x1)
                      - 91233-PT0-003 (H22A4 Balance Shaft Seal) (x1)
                      - Balance Shaft Seal Retainer (Don't know Part Number)
                      - 91316-PE7-730 (H22A4 Oil Filter Adapter Gasket)

My H23A1 OEM Manual Tensioner Conversion parts will be coming in next week, and those will be installed on the car as well!

- 13404-PT0-004 (ADJUSTER COMP., BALANCER BELT)
                      - 13415-PT0-000 (BRACKET, BALANCER BELT ADJUSTER)
                      - 14510-PT0-004 (ADJUSTER COMP., TIMING BELT)
                      - 14516-PT2-000 (SPRING COMP., TIMING BELT ADJUSTER)
                      - 14521-P14-A00 (PLATE, ADJUSTER)
                      - 90014-P14-A00 (BOLT, TIMING BELT ADJUSTER BASE)
                      - 90015-PT0-000 (BOLT, TIMING BELT ADJUSTER SPRING)
                      - 90016-PT0-000 (BOLT, TIMING BELT ADJUSTER)
                      - 90140-P14-A00 (WASHER, PLAIN (11MM))

Anyway, last week, body shop finally sent me a pic showing me that they have started working on the car (Sorry for the blurry pic, I didn't take this one!)

They also gave me a bad news, saying that the hood on the car is bent, and that they would need a "good" hood before they can proceed with the front end alignment..They said the frame itself isn't bad at all, but the hood has been tampered with, and it's not 100% straight! I DEFINITELY didn't feel like looking around for a used red OEM hood that's 100% stock and spending money on it! So I ordered Seibon OEM Style CF Hood from work, got shipped within a few days, and the bodyshop continued to work on the car!

Yesterday they sent me this pic to tell me that the car is done! Front end aligned, Seibon CF hood and Sparco hood pins installed

Before (Notice the passenger side headlight)

Needless to say, I got the Lude picked up and towed home that same day! Here's a pic of it in its current stage, sitting in my driveway

Today, they also told me that the Chargespeed front lip and the Value Sports side skirts have been painted and ready to install! So I picked those up today..

Please excuse the junk Escalade! My G55 AMG wasn't available, and I couldn't fit these in the trunk of an S550 lol so Escalade would have to do for parts delivery truck

Anyway, that's all the update I have so far! I'll be putting the car together during the long weekend (interior, exterior)..The only thing left to do is to make sure the ride height is level on all four corners, get the service done, get four-wheel alignment done, install front lip and sideskirts, get it aircared, get it plated, and I'll be set for the summer!

It's almost there guys! Will have more updates soon! As for the Mugen front bumper...Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Mugen fan, but that front bumper is just not aggressive enough for my liking And it makes the car look more rounded, which I hate! Not to mention I won't be able to mount a front diffuser on it, due to the shape of the bumper. Definitely not worth the $1,000 I have to spend if I want that bumper! Sorry folks, the only Mugen goodness I will install on this car would be the Mugen pedals, shift knob, and S1R bucket seats if I ever get to that level! Hahaha..

Thanks again for checking out my MR thread guys! More updates soon, followed by some proper photos and photoshoot!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

daaaamn. nice Ron!
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ron car looks great. props to the bodyshop for getting her straight. why didnt you with the AeroCatch hood pins? needless to say its coming out great. cant wait for the other pics and so on

Comment

Your the only one on the forum (I think) that would actually have a "junk Escalade" as a parts delivery truck. That's crazy.

Your new hood definitely goes well with your car color. I take it your going to leave it carbon fiber and not paint it to match?
                            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Look sooo dope Ron!! I love what you've done! Gonna be rivaling Big Mike soon for sickest 3rd gen lude Props buddy keep goin!

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Here's my favorite part.

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
                                Please excuse the junk Escalade! My G55 AMG wasn't available, and I couldn't fit these in the trunk of an S550 lol so Escalade would have to do for parts delivery truck
                                I guess life really changes when you work on high end cars everyday Ronald.

But anyways updates look great, you going to keep it red?
                                Current:
                                2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                                1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                                1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                                X