X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
    So, im just gonna put this out here...

I REALLY want to get a 5spd in my cb. I've figured out all the parts I need and i'm getting ready to start buying parts to piece it together. Depending on the price of the tranny and other parts, i'm looking at around $1000 to $1500. Why so expensive? I'm looking to do it right the first time here. Act flywheel w/ a exedy stage 1 clutch and a full esp mount kit w/ the auto to 5spd mount.

I gotta job, and govt financial aid is paying for my rent while im in college so I will probably have the parts together in about 10-12 weeks.

Problem is, I don't have anywhere down here to do the swap since I live in an apartment complex... sooooo. If anyone has a weekend to sacrifice to help me do this swap at their place, I would be super appreciative. Also, I'm willing to pay cash to whoever let's me use their stuffs.

Other problem... I'm not having the greatest luck finding a transmission. I found a few on craigslist, but I don't know if I can trust them. If anyone could help with this also, i'll pay a 10% finders fee. I would prefer an H23, but a F22 or H22 would be fine. Also I'm looking for one with under 130k miles on it. Price range of $300 and under. Within 50 miles of cbus. If someone knows of one, you could make a quick 10-30 bucks for doing basically nothing!

Anyways, I would really appreciate your guys help on these issues. Thanks.
    Get ahold of dave (bigblue) he has an h23 trans he might be convinced to sell it call me and I'll give you his # also we have some places around here ,i'm sure we can all get something for you .
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
      Get ahold of dave (bigblue) he has an h23 trans he might be convinced to sell it call me and I'll give you his # also we have some places around here ,i'm sure we can all get something for you .
      Shit, for $1500, you could buy a 5 speed coupe that runs good. You just missed one in frost white with no rust, no dents and decent mileage for $1200.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        Shit, for $1500, you could buy a 5 speed coupe that runs good. You just missed one in frost white with no rust, no dents and decent mileage for $1200.
        I thinkk he can do it cheaper then that for sure .
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Ok. I'll give you a call once I'm out of class.

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          Yeah, I could but I feel dedicated to this car now with all of the work that I have done to her.

I thinkk he can do it cheaper then that for sure .
          I could, but I really want to do everything right. Flywheel, clutch, and mounts are gonna be $750 alone.

Comment

I got a garage you could use for a weekend michael. I use it all the time for my car. You could crash at my place too if ya wanna. Me and my roommates are all college kids too. Good luck on the project regardless!
            PSN
            Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
            2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
            2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
            1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
            1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Figured I'd let my ohio boys know first...

I procured a set of 92-93 fogs with complete OEM wiring and a switch. They don't look the best right now, but i'm gonna clean them up here soon and they should look real nice.

If anyone wants em, shoot me an offer through pm. Ill be puttin em up in the classifeds in a few days, so don't miss your chance!

Last edited by EJX_Michael; 08-13-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hmm those are pretty nice. Bring those to the meet if ya would I wanna sees em.
                PSN
                Vash744

Comment

Here are a few pics I snapped while we was at Jake's house. Sorry for the quality, I couldnt keep steady lol.

Random HID install tryout

PSN
                  Vash744

Comment

anyone know were i could get a light weight flywheel at for a h22?
                    Im not an angry driver.....I just LOVE speed!
                    OHIO CB7'S

Comment

ebay my friend. Its the cheapest place i found and the fidanza 8lb flywheels are only 150 with free shipping.

Comment

i found that after i asked...i forgot about ebay lol
                        anyways i have a new question, i can not find the answer anywhere, what trans is the p2c7. i was told thats an h23 but i already know that m2s4 is h23. and when is the next meet?
                        Im not an angry driver.....I just LOVE speed!
                        OHIO CB7'S

Comment

You sure your reading it right? Also is it a manual tranny?

The EDM Type R tranny code is U2Q7 thats the closest i found

Comment

Hey guys whats up? I have a question that is burning a hole in me. My dream car right now is a '93 SE coupe cb. I found one with a perfect body at pick in pull in columbus. Thing is that it is missing a motor, wheels, some interior. I got my 91 ex sedan, but I desperatly want a coupe with a perfect body. Think I should get it? I cant remember if it was auto or not, but it will be a 5 speed when I get ahold of it.

I am literally dreaming about this car... Oh gawd Im going to pick and pull tomarrow to look at it.
                            PSN
                            Vash744

Comment

Originally posted by Vash744 View Post
                              Hey guys whats up? I have a question that is burning a hole in me. My dream car right now is a '93 SE coupe cb. I found one with a perfect body at pick in pull in columbus. Thing is that it is missing a motor, wheels, some interior. I got my 91 ex sedan, but I desperatly want a coupe with a perfect body. Think I should get it? I cant remember if it was auto or not, but it will be a 5 speed when I get ahold of it.

I am literally dreaming about this car... Oh gawd Im going to pick and pull tomarrow to look at it.
                              Your going to picknpull without me!? What the frak!.

Did that se have a perfect body? I forget... wait, are you talking about the green one? I thought it still had the motor...

Reminds me when I was gonna buy this yellow cb off of another Ohio guy. I wanted to jizz all over that thing, but it had to many problems.

Ah, yes and Ryans ultra rare preccordlude

Last edited by EJX_Michael; 09-28-2010, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Haha. Nice.

Yea unfortunatly they wont sell me the car. Oh well. I dont need another project....yet.
                                PSN
                                Vash744

Comment

Working...
                                X