Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a local Harbor Freight? My tester was only $40. It's becoming my favorite store, they've got some great tools for awesome prices.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Looks like I got an h23a for real cheap. Has bent valves though. What usually causes this? Bad timing?

Rip It Up
      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Yeah, timing, or worn valve springs or stems. Pistons might now be damaged, and possibly the valve seats.

Anyone know of a junkyard/used parts place that would have 2004 Kia Spectra parts? My sister's car was broken into and she needs a new side window. A shop quoted $130, and I remember my friend buying a window glass for his '95 Explorer at Pull N Pay for something like $20-30. No yards I've been to ccarry cars this new.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-13-2010, 09:16 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
          Looks like I got an h23a for real cheap. Has bent valves though. What usually causes this? Bad timing?
          most common cause of bent valves is extreme over revving (missed shifts). This is especially true on fairly lower mileage cars that the timing belt is still in tact on. Valve springs on hondas very very rarely ever go bad and most that i have tested have been within spec, even if they had over 200k miles on them.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
            most common cause of bent valves is extreme over revving (missed shifts). This is especially true on fairly lower mileage cars that the timing belt is still in tact on. Valve springs on hondas very very rarely ever go bad and most that i have tested have been within spec, even if they had over 200k miles on them.
            Nice. I have to take it apart and check it once I pick it up. It doesn't have the valve cover on it, no tranny everything is in tact except the tb as well. I have to check if the timing belt is on though.

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Either way man, get the head completely rebuilt. You won't need to replace springs and retainers, but definately replace the guides, seals, and have the valves and seats re-ground, along with a resurface and hot tank. Should run you around $400
              '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

yeah i am probably gonna contact Perfromance Porting in Loveland, they have fairly cheap prices.

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  Yeah, I was concerned why an H23 would have high-mileage issues already. That makes sense . H22cb, what's "hot tank"? Just a way to clean it? I've been wanting to rebuild my own head (or rather, grab a spare from the junkyard and rebuild it for a quick swap with minimal driving downtime).
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-14-2010, 12:35 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Mark i'll give you a call, but my straight exhaust is getting on my nerves, i'll need a new exhaust. WS2?

which in return, i'll sell my 2.5" catback made from exhaust pros (2 years ago): clean looking dual, straight tip, straight though, and 24" magnaflow resonator (biggest i found to fit). or anyone got a muffler for sale?
                    Last edited by nostringz; 09-14-2010, 01:35 AM.

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
                      Mark i'll give you a call, but my straight exhaust is getting on my nerves, i'll need a new exhaust. WS2?

which in return, i'll sell my 2.5" catback made from exhaust pros (2 years ago): clean looking dual, straight tip, straight though, and 24" magnaflow resonator (biggest i found to fit). or anyone got a muffler for sale?
                      The WS2 will be available as soon as I swap the H into the EX or really as soon as I get the H out of the SE.
                      Soon I hope
                      Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

hey old school. do you have any lips by any chance that you are selling?

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

I have no lips.
                          Thats why i mumble.

More parts available after motor swap!
                          Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

We'll I put the car on craigslist today for 900 bucks obo tired of it I need a new car thinkin a legend I'm not out of the game though jusst want a new car and pick up another cb later still have a f22 I want to build for boost so once I get a car I will focus on that building the motr and finding a clean coupe to put it in

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

i'd keep the C chassis, newer accord or TL, or something the like. honda sedan for sure

Be Clean

Comment

Looks like we're in the same boat! Fed up with one expensive problem after another? I haven't gotten around to testing my cylinders yet, the car's just been sitting for a while. If it's the valve guides that are burning up my oil and affecting the rest of the driveability, that's fine, head work is easy. But if it's the piston rings, screw it. This car frustrates me too much.

The dealer finally got the coupe I was wanting back from the shop, so I went down to check it out today. It didn't start up the first time (needed to be floored to kick it over... fuel pump? Pressure regulator?), but ran smooth. Door handles and the like were loose as hell too! However, they won't finance a $1900 car . Tomorrow I can finally start setting aside cash and keep hunting for that perfectly-spec'd coupe.
                                Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-15-2010, 01:23 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X