Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

to fix or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to fix or not

I know i am noob. but this site is always had good info on it so i wanted to ask u guys what u think. i was n a accident and i am hurt. i think i will be ok. my baby (my car) is not ok. do you guys think it is fixable.

Me and my girl want to fix it. what do you guys think maybe wrong and have to be fixed.

Eek.

Depends on how much of an attachment you have to it. It'd probably cost about the same to fix as it would be to buy another one.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Ouch. Looks like a pretty hard hit. I think you'd be better off trying to find another CB7 honestly. Mine didnt look that bad and I was $200 away from being totaled.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

looks to me like you'll need...

Hood
        right fender
        bumper cover
        hood hinges
        right headlamp/parking lamp
        right turn signal (if damaged)
        new core support
        new apron section
        possibly a new battery
        grille
        rt wheel liner
        airbox, or aftermarket intake
        Probably from frame work, I'll bet that right rail is swayed.

My professional advice, count your losses and get a new cb. Looks like about $3500 worth of damage.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
          Ouch. Looks like a pretty hard hit. I think you'd be better off trying to find another CB7 honestly. Mine didnt look that bad and I was $200 away from being totaled.
          I gaurantee this one is a total loss. just not worth fixing imo.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
            I gaurantee this one is a total loss. just not worth fixing imo.
            agreed.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Sorry about the wreck. In my opinion, you'd be better off buying another CB7

...and use this one as a parts car!
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

^x2 on that Josh...

Would make a GREAT parts rig

My guess is your passenger frame rail is tweaked, in which case, well. Ya know...

Sorry to see that man. What happened? It'd be as if my car got in an accident (seeing's how they're almost identical) and if that happened I think I'd cry.

life is good.

Comment

Thanks guy. Man its so hard to find a 5 speed around here. I got 3 4 door n my jy what parts can I use from them? I think they r 91, 90 and idk about the other one

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                    ^x2 on that Josh...

Would make a GREAT parts rig

My guess is your passenger frame rail is tweaked, in which case, well. Ya know...

Sorry to see that man. What happened? It'd be as if my car got in an accident (seeing's how they're almost identical) and if that happened I think I'd cry.

I did a lil bit don't tell no body lol man it was wet and I couldn't stop and hit a suv. I don't think it did that much damage to her car. The bumper was outline and it had panit missing.

Comment

This car was beyond repair. Your car looks worse then that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        This car was beyond repair. Your car looks worse then that.
                        I don't think his car is worse than that. Very close though...
                        I really don't want to repeat but it would be better to get a new CB. New to you
                        If you do decide to fix it, it will always be disaligned... My car is

Comment

U guys r right. Man I loved that car it just sit out n fornt of my house. I'm n the bed goin nonthing sucks balls but. Do u guy think sum thing could of happen to the motor. I was thinkin that I could just put it in aother 1. Man ur car looks bad. Sorry about ur man. U said that it will never aline proper about. F××× man this suck thank u guys for helpin.
                          Last edited by Cb7-DoN; 02-06-2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonoCB7 View Post
                            I don't think his car is worse than that. Very close though...
                            I really don't want to repeat but it would be better to get a new CB. New to you
                            If you do decide to fix it, it will always be disaligned... My car is
                            It might not look worse but look at the A pillar above the passenger door. It got bent and the car was totaled because of frame damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7-DoN View Post
                              U guys r right. Man I loved that car it just sit out n fornt of my house. I'm n the bed goin nonthing sucks balls but. Do u guy think sum thing could of happen to the motor. I was thinkin that I could just put it in aother 1. Man ur car looks bad. Sorry about ur man. U said that it will never aline proper about. F××× man this suck thank u guys for helpin.
                              Oh dont feel bad that wasent my car lol. That was the car i got my black leather interior from.

Comment

Working...
                              X