Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Kudo wheels?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudo wheels?

Anyone ever heard of this brand, Kudo? In my quest for some cheap wheels I found these beauties for a great price. I'm curious about their quality, if they're any worse than the more mainstream knock-off brands; Google doesn't turn up much. I mean, any wheel has to go through some kind of government-approved testing to be able to be sold in America, right? Wheels that dissolve in the rain is surely more of a safety issue than a lot of the other stuff that gets by without the DOT...

Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-02-2012, 12:54 AM.

Accord Aero-R

looks nice but really 15 inchers are no longer acceptable. if oem sure but almost every thing rolling out right now is 17teeners. compare a 205/40r17 to say a 205/40r15 tire. the bigger rims only cost like 20-30 more per rim. just take into consideration the weight of the rim.

i know this wasnt on topic but do consider it when purchasing wheels. oh and 4x114.3 iss almost dead as well. just something to think about

Comment

They should be fine for a dd, unless your doing some type of racing where the rim and tire will be pushed then a brand name plays a bigger role in quality and weight. 16inch is my choice that's just my 2cents.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
        looks nice but really 15 inchers are no longer acceptable. if oem sure but almost every thing rolling out right now is 17teeners. compare a 205/40r17 to say a 205/40r15 tire. the bigger rims only cost like 20-30 more per rim. just take into consideration the weight of the rim.

i know this wasnt on topic but do consider it when purchasing wheels. oh and 4x114.3 iss almost dead as well. just something to think about
        They should be fine. No worse than other knock off companies like XXR and Drag.

Also IMO it is completely stupid to say what wheel size is "acceptable". It's all personal preference so get whatever size you want. And 4x114 is not dead. I don't even believe a lug pattern can be considered "dead". Way too many cars were produced with 4x114 for wheels companies to stop making them in that pattern.
        Street-Spec

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty confused by that first response. Certain wheel designs look better in certain sizes. I think our cars look best with 16 or 17 unless you're going for that 'hellaflush' look, in which case 15s are great. These ones are 17x7 with a +38mm offset, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

I was actually really wanting a different spoke design. Such an 'open' style isn't always the best when you've got near stock brakes (Brembos up front, but stock drums in the rear ). But lately I've been toying with the idea of buying an S13 coupe for a second car, once I've sorted out my current issues with my CB and looking for a new apartment. I've always had a thing for Nismo wheels and fell in love with 5-spokes all over again while doing research on the 240 and saw the car below. I just did a random search for "17 4x114," the Kudos popped up and I got all excited - I can order these next weekend if I don't find a pile of horror stories about the brand.

4x114.3 is still going strong. I'm pretty sure that's what the BMW Mini Coopers even run.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-02-2012, 02:46 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

At least they arent the stanced out type of wheels and will fit right. On top of that they are pretty badass looking

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

1st set of wheels r pretty nice. Did u find it on tirerack?

Do they come in diff colors?
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

the cars engineering. is soon to be 25 years old. 4x114.3 is not going strong. look at the cars being made right now. only the most economical car is riding on 15inchers. and sixteen inchers cost more to produce there is no demand. there is a surplus and plethora of choices in 5x114.3 and 17teeners. its a clear choice uprade your lug pattern to the new style the one 2000 year model hondas rolled on. it was done for a reason.

Comment

the cars engineering. is soon to be 25 years old. 4x114.3 is not going strong. look at the cars being made right now. only the most economical car is riding on 15inchers. and sixteen inchers cost more to produce there is no demand. there is a surplus and plethora of choices in 5x114.3 and 17teeners. its a clear choice uprade your lug pattern to the new style the one 2000 year model hondas rolled on. it was done for a reason.
                  Ok. Dude. Time to shut up now. He's 4x114.3 and I don't think he plans on changing that soon. Don't try to push what the rest of the crowd is doing onto him. We're in this to be different. Not do everything everyone else is doing.

OP. Id say get them. I THINK I've heard of them before. I'm not sure. And those rims up tip look awesome. Id rock them in a second. Lol. 15s look good on our cars. Its about the fitment of those 15s. If your running a 15x6 rim. No. might as well get some OEM wheels. 15x7.5 or 15x8 with a nice offset yes. Everyone says 16s look like crap on a 98-01 accord. well I have 16x7.5s on mine, and once I get my drop it'll look even better.

I stay with 16s because they're affordable and tires can be found for cheap. I found some brand new Dunlop Direzzas for 150 on CL. And ride so smooth too. But even on different sites you can find 16in tires for cheap. From $75-95/ea.

Comment

the choice is yours spend your money on a set of wheels with tires that cost $1400. Im sure plenty of people want a 4x114.3 15 inch wheel if you ever feel you should sell them or upgrade to a larger size.

Im not "pushing" him to do a 5 lug, if he wants to stay 4 lug its cool I was trying to enlighten him some. Im not saying not to do it, its his choice not mine and I wont be living with HIS decision, but to stay at 15 inch thats a waste might as well get some OEM wheels. Oh wait never mindbe different bro and get your self some 15 inch rims!

konig heliums in 15x8 those are super light for the money if thats what you want if not, to get to the point yes every wheel sold in america has to meet a standard. ( for got what its called but its for safety im sure these rims are fine)

Comment

Just finished looking around about them. Not many people know about them. But I've seen the designs. I might pick up a set instead of the XXRs I was looking at getting. My only problem is I wish they would have some better offsets. And they only have 7in widths from what I found on the 15s and 16s. If it was at LEAST 7.5 then it would be perfect. Lol.

Comment

im not trying to get in a pissing match im not but Im in the market for some tires on my 15inchers (prelude stars in 4x114.3) cause I cant upgrade to 5 lug YET & I already have the 15incher alloys so I guess im kinda stuck.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=348046

they said that the 195/50r15 and 205/50r15 would be the cheapest tire. so I retract my previous statement about spending 1400 on a set it'll probably be closer to 1100-1200

Comment

They appear to be generic cast wheels...no better or worse than most other brands that are making cast wheels.

You get what you pay for. If you're not driving on the track or slamming into potholes off-road, I wouldn't stress it.

Comment

im not trying to get in a pissing match im not but Im in the market for some tires on my 15inchers (prelude stars in 4x114.3) cause I cant upgrade to 5 lug YET & I already have the 15incher alloys so I guess im kinda stuck.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=348046

they said that the 195/50r15 and 205/50r15 would be the cheapest tire. so I retract my previous statement about spending 1400 on a set it'll probably be closer to 1100-1200
                            Ok. Are even reading what you're posing? 1st you're saying that 15s are unacceptable and that 4x114.3 is a dead bolt pattern. Now your talking some jibberish about the tires your looking for. Dude. Just stop posting in this thread. Your not being of any help at all.

If people have $1400+ to spend on some rims. Have at it. But when that rim breaks, that's another $200+ out of your pocket for a new rim instead of $120 shipped for a cheaper wheel. Like accordwarrior said, if he's not dealing with a bunch of pot holes or tracking the car then they're fine.

Comment

dude what the fuck are you talking about ?

I'm going to be as clear and coherent as I can, in hopes that you can understand.

At first I thought he was buying cast generic wheels that ARE NOT light weight in a 15 inch radius. I stated that buying a 15 inch aftermarket wheel (thinking it was the generic cast type) to be pointless or unacceptable. Clearly some douche bag decided to say it was stupid to say what is and is not "acceptable".

Fine its cool, so I let that go cause I didn't make my self clear AND THEN I saw the OP post that he wanted 17x7's. Which I think is better if you are going for looks and not competition. So I let it go.

I then suggested that maybe he'd hold on a bit before jumping on to a set of 4x114.3, especially a set of 15 inchers with a 4x114.3 bolt pattern. I also suggested the 15x8 helium by konig, at least thats an affordable and competitive wheel. That is when you decided to patrol the thread with your iron fist.

I let that go again. I posted some helpful information, so he could compare say a 205/40r17 to a 195/50r15 in price. Which isn't that huge of a jump.

Then you TRIED to shit on me again. However; I took the time out to write you this lengthy letter please read it.

Now to comment on your post about a $130 wheel vs a $200+ that is very incorrect a larger rim (example 15 vs 17 ) is usually only about $30-40 more. Do a little comparative shopping bro bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X