Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my cb7 suspension.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP dont worry about your suspension, that boot has a built in washer so thecnically you just put 2 washers were the stopper for the top hat goes

nothing to trip balls about, i respect the fact that you're a female that has love for these car, and more respect if you did this yourself, since most dumbasses here make a 3 page post asking questions on how to do this, you acutally did it

even thought the way you did it is wrong, again it wont cause mitt romney to win the elections so, you're good
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      OP dont worry about your suspension, that boot has a built in washer so thecnically you just put 2 washers were the stopper for the top hat goes

nothing to trip balls about, i respect the fact that you're a female that has love for these car, and more respect if you did this yourself, since most dumbasses here make a 3 page post asking questions on how to do this, you acutally did it

even thought the way you did it is wrong, again it wont cause mitt romney to win the elections so, you're good

CALI LIFE STYLE
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

I'm just going to say my part then be done with this thread. If you want help assembling it correctly then send me a PM.

My points to the OP:
        *Your struts are not installed correctly and will now be prone to premature failure.
        *Because you did not have the struts installed professionally Tokico will not warranty them when, not if, they fail prematurely.
        *I'm not treating you any different than I would treat any male forum member. I will not sugar coat things for anyone, I apologize if you are offended by my blunt responses.
        *It's not hard to redo the labor and save yourself $$ and heartache in the long run.
        *If you love your car do it correctly.
        *You spent good money on the parts, install them correctly to get the best performance and the longest life out of them.
        *If you live where they salt/sand the roads, expect them to start to fail before spring.

My points to the rest posting in here:
        *Sugar coating things and saying it's wrong but fine because you are a girl is wrong.
        *I wouldn't want to drive around knowing my suspension is compromised and subject to failure, I doubt many other forum members would either.
        *You guys should be encouraging her to do the safe/right thing to save time, money, and possibly injury when you see something wrong, just as you would with any other member. You're not doing her any favors by encouraging incorrect assembly.

Bottom line, these are nice parts. There is nothing worse than installing high quality items poorly. Do it right or do it twice.

Comment

please explain how the fuck this will cause it to fail prematurely
          if you can see the picture, with the shock decompressed the boot still covers the compression rod on the front, and in the rear, the car will never see that height while driving, that boot will still do its job to protect the coating of the compression rod

the only thing that will be affected will be the tophat bushings, those will be the ones that will wear, and since im pretty sure she used the original tophats, these will eventually need to be changed, by then she can fix this bullshit issue

the only way a strut will fail is debris or mark on the rod that will bust the seal or bottoming out

im not sugar coating anything, but if you have been on a forum for long, you can actually figure out the way someone wants his message to be read
          im pretty sure everyone got your the message you were trying to imply

i can tell you its not a big deal, yet you are making it sound like it is...
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Nice set up. I really want this exact same set up but i might cheap out and get the f&f's again.
            2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
            2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
            CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
            GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
              Why doesn't your knuckle have bolt holes for the ball joint nut cover?
              Could also be a 94-97 or a CL knuckle too I suppose.

Comment

well its ben a while sints anyone has posted on here but some of you guys said my struts would not last a winter on my car cuz they were put on wrong. well they still feel like new ben almost a year and there still working the same sints the day i put them on my car. just thought i would let you guys know who thought they would fail on me they didn't still holding up good and i drive my car almost every day

Comment

... Since

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
                    well its ben a while sints anyone has posted on here but some of you guys said my struts would not last a winter on my car cuz they were put on wrong. well they still feel like new ben almost a year and there still working the same sints the day i put them on my car. just thought i would let you guys know who thought they would fail on me they didn't still holding up good and i drive my car almost every day
                    Please. I beg you. Learn how to spell!
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                      Please. I beg you. Learn how to spell!
                      Here we go again...always have That^Guy trying to throw gas on the fire. How about you just ignore that minor detail, and press on...look at the thread for what it is intended for.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                        Here we go again...always have That^Guy trying to throw gas on the fire. How about you just ignore that minor detail, and press on...look at the thread for what it is intended for.
                        We can only hope that people will stop. However, some of the foreign members still get flamed because their English isn't the best.

I'm actually glad this thread has been bumped. I've been wanting to see coilover sleeves on tokico illuminas because I was thinking about it today. I just haven't bothered to search for it yet.

OP. Great job on the install and I'm glad it has held up for you.

Comment

That's not correct. Most of the foreign members on this site have better grammar and spelling than most of the people from here. And what's worse is that if you correct them they recognize the favor and thank you because they have a desire to learn and expand.

When people who are from here get corrected you have so deeply offended them and they make it very clear to you that the purpose of this forum is not to serve as a grammar-correcting body but to give them the answers they seek and compliment their dope rides when they post pictures correctly after 4 tries. Such people should feel ashamed of themselves. It's pathetic.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            That's not correct. Most of the foreign members on this site have better grammar and spelling than most of the people from here. And what's worse is that if you correct them they recognize the favor and thank you because they have a desire to learn and expand.

When people who are from here get corrected you have so deeply offended them and they make it very clear to you that the purpose of this forum is not to serve as a grammar-correcting body but to give them the answers they seek and compliment their dope rides when they post pictures correctly after 4 tries. Such people should feel ashamed of themselves. It's pathetic.
                            I don't know. I see it happening quite often. Not serious flaming, but definitely comments about it. So, it is kind of correct. I'm only stating this because of the things I've seen. Evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

This is correct. I learned what little I have for english grammar in a spanish private school in Puerto Rico, and to this day I still try to find ways to improve it in order not to look like an idiot. Yet, although I might point someone out for their grammar mistakes on this forum, I wont let it ruin a thread like others do.

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                              I don't know. I see it happening quite often. Not serious flaming, but definitely comments about it. So, it is kind of correct. I'm only stating this because of the things I've seen. Evidence.
                              And you have been part of the community how long? Oh thats right...
                              Last edited by cb7pr; 02-28-2013, 01:11 AM.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
                                okay.. i don't think i even have them anymore... and if your trying o help thank you just seems like everyone on here is out to get me is all.
                                Yea dude came on way too strong, it was unnecessary

Good setup

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X