Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

old ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old ladies

Alright guys i have a question, well rather what do you guys think i should do? So my grand parents live in this little town right outside philly and they have two neighbors who happen to be sisters. They both drive 9293 cb7s. One has the security system the other has fog lights!!!!!!!! (the only reason i know the one has the security system is because she set it off when i was getting into my car, probably to show off haha) They are both probably in there 60s or 70s (they don't come out very often). Im not sure if they have the leather steering wheel cover. But when ever i go over there i park mine in front of the theirs. I just wanna ask them a price on it but i feel weird. They are both ex's also i have checked. So do you guys think i should put a note on the windows or wait til they go up for sale? I don't want to miss out on a perfect opportunity to get these rare and valuable oem parts.

Please help guys anything would be appreciated. Oh and next time i head over to my gp's ill try and snap a pic. Thanks, any insight would be great.

I'd just knock stright on their door and talk about the cars for a bit to show how much you care about them, then get onto business.

Comment

Do you have cash? I'd do what Tippey said then start throwing out numbers.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Offer them some young love maybe you get a deal!

Comment

im high as fuck dude!

Comment

Talk to them.... be polite.
            Be their firends then steal their car... if you know what I mean.

Older people usually want to get new car but never care becuase the one they already own usually is good enough.. if you can convince them you might get a pretty good deal.
            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by 809king View Post
              im high as fuck dude!
              We don't care. Post shit like this again and you'll be permanently banned from this site. We don't need this.

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
              Talk to them.... be polite.
              Be their firends then steal their car... if you know what I mean.

Older people usually want to get new car but never care becuase the one they already own usually is good enough.. if you can convince them you might get a pretty good deal.
              Yeah, they have MAYBE 4-5 years of driving left to do, very little distance to cover (usually... most old people stay within 5-10 miles of home), and I'm sure they have a fixed income... so they'll be sticking with those cars until they can't drive anymore.

Is your car clearly modified, or in poor condition? If it's slammed, rusted, dented, running an obnoxious exhaust, covered in decals, etc... then those ladies probably look at it thinking "what a disgrace, doing that to such a nice car!" They certainly wouldn't want to see the same fate befall THEIR cars (and since they each have one, they clearly appreciate them...)

But yeah, talk to them, be polite, don't be pushy. Tell them that if they are ever interested in selling, you are interested in buying. They know how to get in touch with you.
              Don't bother rambling about the specific parts that you like... they have no idea what's what. If a CB owner isn't an enthusiast, and didn't buy the car new, they can have fogs and not know or care about the rarity of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 809king View Post
                im high as fuck dude!
                Cool? I'm sure i will def get the parts telling them this.....

My car is only tinted out, decent exhaust, painted black rims, 50/50s (diff tails) So they might be like wtf i don't want to give up my parts. Or let this "kid" touch my car cause im pretty sure they are on a fixed income. Also i don't wanna embarrass my gp's since they are "neighbors"

But other than that guys i really really appreciate the inputs. I am just afraid if i go and knock on their door they are gonna think i'm a fucking nutjob lol.

Comment

Well then don't even show them your car if you think they won't like it.

Comment

haha ill park around the block I just want their goodies......ugh. why couldn't i buy their cars instead of the little old lady i got mine from.

But i really honestly think im gonna approach them when they come outside. Or when "accidently" set off their security system right in front of me ;|. The worst was when she drove by with the fogs on.

I almost fainted. One she is and old lady. Two she had fogs that are oem and extremely rare. Three i think god wanted me to suffer. Cause i was litterally leaving my gp's and she drives by and pulls around and parks right behind me with the fogs on. Ugh fml.

Comment

The other thing you can do, if you are good at working on your vehicle, is offer to help them with repairs or if they have a problem or question about their car. I made up some business cards with a picture of one of my CB7's, name, phone, and email. I give them to other CB7 owners I meet. I have actually stopped at a few houses where I saw a nice CB7 and did just what everyone is suggesting - talked to them about their car, offered help if they needed it, and asked them to call me if they ever think of selling.

P.S. Help out a lot at your grandparents and they'll think you're a good kid (you should do this anyway!)
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                        The other thing you can do, if you are good at working on your vehicle, is offer to help them with repairs or if they have a problem or question about their car. I made up some business cards with a picture of one of my CB7's, name, phone, and email. I give them to other CB7 owners I meet. I have actually stopped at a few houses where I saw a nice CB7 and did just what everyone is suggesting - talked to them about their car, offered help if they needed it, and asked them to call me if they ever think of selling.

P.S. Help out a lot at your grandparents and they'll think you're a good kid (you should do this anyway!)
                        Yes i know! I am no where near a mechanic i can just do the basic stuff. (oil change, brakes, cai, exhaust, fuel filter, and minor repairs.)

But hey, What if they say they are gonna put one up for sale? i read the thread and saw your daughter (correct me if i'm wrong) wants/ needs a car for college, maybe we can work out a deal (long shot) haha.

But i should introduce myself the next time i see either of them outside. Maybe i will get lucky and get a decent deal. Or maybe they will call me in case they ever wanna sell

Thanks for all the inputs guys!!! Much appreciated. More opinions welcomed!

Comment

I GUARANTEE they aren't going to sell your their parts... I thought you were wanting to buy their cars.

Comment

oh well not atm maybe after i grad school. Plus my gf would kill me. I told her for my bday i wanted a wagon. She was pissed off. So i say it once and while whenever the times right.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I GUARANTEE they aren't going to sell your their parts...
                              isn't that prostitution?

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                              oh well not atm maybe after i grad school. Plus my gf would kill me. I told her for my bday i wanted a wagon. She was pissed off. So i say it once and while whenever the times right.
                              haha good luck, i didn't tell my Ex-moneysucker (wife) that i had bought an MR2 until the bill for the storage came in and she went to see wtf was going on... and then surprise! lol
                              Originally posted by scudweiser
                              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Working...
                              X