Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers

Hey guys I was researching some coilovers and I came across these:

http://www.robearracing.com/pd-funct...cord-90-97.cfm

I have seen some people with these coilovers on the site and I was wondering; how's the ride, how low do you think this will go, and is this a good price and a reputable site? Thanks guys! You guys always steer me in the right direction!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Most cats with F&F's swear by them, I'm sure u will be happy with the purchase.

Comment

I'm serriously considering getting these now!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

That's a decent price, too. The Type2 is better, but the Type1 seems to satisfy most people that have them. Personally, I don't like the idea of adjustable coilovers in the hands of someone that doesn't know how to properly adjust them (which is one reason why I don't have a set myself.)

Comment

Whats a good price then? and what are some advantages of type 2s? Ohh and btw i gotta a lotta car junkie friends that could possibly help me out.....Btw whens the next meet near sacramento or roseville? Correct me if im wrong but isnt it at lolicup on the 24th in roseville?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

If this turns into a region-specific thread, it will be deleted.

The Type2 has more adjustability, and was developed specifically for the CB7 (thanks to stickydiljoe's efforts with F&F) I don't know for sure if the Type1 is a CB-specific design. Either way, they should both exceed your needs.

Comment

ohh sorry, Okay, I will definitely do a little research and comparison on both coilovers

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I would also look into Tein Basic, as they're probably the best street-friendly coilovers you can buy. If you're not going to be racing the car (serious autocross or road racing), then you really don't need a set of coilovers that give race performance. You'll have capabilities that you'll never use, and you'll be sacrificing ride comfort (and safety... a stiff suspension can be dangerous on rough public roads) for something you'll never use.

I'm not saying don't get them... I'm just saying to be sure to get what you need. The more "performance oriented" parts aren't necessarily "better" if you're not driving your car in a situation where you need that performance.

In another thread (that I just recently saw mentioned on another forum, as the guy was calling me names...) I mentioned buying parts that exceed your needs similar to trying to build a birdhouse with a sledge hammer. Sure, it's a bigger, "better" hammer... but it's not at all what you need for the job, and it will make it harder in the long run!

Comment

So teins are like $803 bucks and i see what your saying....I want to have safety but a comfortable ride, its not like Ill be racing 24/7, I will definitely save up for some of the more safe ones....

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I have to remember who I was talking to... but someone found Teins for something like $650. Maybe even less. Shop around! They used to be the cheapest full coilovers you could get for the CB. (the good thing is, the design has been around for a LONG time, so they're a very good buy.)

Comment

Also with F&F's, there is a specific design for 90-93, and 94-97.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

not really eric the box on mine said 90-97 on it for my fnf's
                        back at it again

Comment

look in this thread they have links to good prices

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=144271
                          back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                            not really eric the box on mine said 90-97 on it for my fnf's
                            Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            Also with F&F's, there is a specific design for 90-93, and 94-97.
                            Yes it is its a thread some where about it. 90 to 93 accords fnf set go lower than the 90 to 97 set.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

i have thoes ones best thing ive gotten for my car

Comment

Working...
                              X