Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i posted in the performance section asking if we could put twin turbos or supercharge our cars, but one guy was kinda a jerk, these people are nice

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
      yeah, i posted in the performance section asking if we could put twin turbos or supercharge our cars, but one guy was kinda a jerk, these people are nice
      yeah alot of people can be kinda mean.....
      back at it again

Comment

That's because people get banned for flaming in this section (when a mod sees it... I have to make that disclaimer, because people like to bitch when we overlook something.)

When you post in the "big boy" section, you're expected to know how to use the search feature... and if you did that, you'd find lots of threads asking about superchargers. As for twin turbo... on a 2.2L inline 4? Really? I mean, it could be done... but did you even put some thought into WHY you'd want to do it, or did you just think "if one turbo is cool, a second turbo is even better!"? You might as well get it completely out of your system and search "twincharging" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          That's because people get banned for flaming in this section (when a mod sees it... I have to make that disclaimer, because people like to bitch when we overlook something.)

When you post in the "big boy" section, you're expected to know how to use the search feature... and if you did that, you'd find lots of threads asking about superchargers. As for twin turbo... on a 2.2L inline 4? Really? I mean, it could be done... but did you even put some thought into WHY you'd want to do it, or did you just think "if one turbo is cool, a second turbo is even better!"? You might as well get it completely out of your system and search "twincharging" as well.
          true
          back at it again

Comment

true, i was just asking though, was there any harm done?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I installed the rears. Can't quite give an opinion about them yet. I can say that they are very stiff and when you hit a big bump or a pot hole it feels like the car goes up, and lands back in its original position almost instantaneous. I'm letting them settle, then I'm I'm going to raise it back up 'cause as the springs are settling in the rear, it's getting lower on its own.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

sweeet

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

true, i was just asking though, was there any harm done?
                  Harm? No. But it gets annoying when people are too lazy to bother searching for the answers to their question. Basically, such a question says "hey, I couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes to try to figure this out on my own, or see if it's already been asked... but would you mind taking a few minutes of YOUR time to explain it to me?" Instead of putting forth a little effort of your own, you're asking others to do it for you. To be honest, that's rude... and that is why you are treated rudely in return.

Whereas if you research, come up with a basic understanding of something, and need clarification beyond that... people are more than happy to help. It shows you've already put the effort into searching for an answer, and you got stuck... or just didn't understand something. It shows that maybe, just MAYBE, the efforts of a more knowledgeable person might not go to waste. A lot of the people that are too lazy to search are also too lazy to actually use the information they obtain. So when someone spends 15 minutes typing out the specifics of a twin-turbo setup, or a supercharger install, and the response they get is "oh, well... that sounds too hard for me!"... they just wasted their time.
                  Trust me, ALL of the more experienced members of this site (and most forums) have had their experience with such people, and they're sick of it.

Comment

ok, i'm sorry, I apologize for wasting someone's time, sorry deevergote

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I'm simply explaining to you why people are nicer in this section (because they will be banned if they are not), as opposed to the other section (where you're expected to show a little initiative.)

Comment

Yooooo,

....and now back to the coilovers. I was driving down Chestnut street today (normal pace of about 45-50 mph with light traffic), 35mph, 3 lane, 1 way street, and for some reason it seemed as if I was constantly being cut off. Anyway, there were instances where I had to maneuver into adjacent lanes at a moments instance (sure I left myself enough time to brake with regards to the cars in front of me).

I can attest that my car was switching lanes almost instantaneous, w/o any body roll, very smoothly, and almost flawless like. It's kinda hard to put into words, but it just felt like where I wanted the car to go, that's EXACTLY where it went; EXACTLY where I put it.

Remember, I only have the rears on for now. I'll probably do the fronts tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Straight Success; 08-01-2011, 02:15 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

i see now,well i apologize for my laziness and I deleted the thread, and I want to say thank you for helping me out

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Sweet man, so there must be a real difference, any troubles encountering potholes and any problems with your underbody?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Sweet man, so there must be a real difference, any troubles encountering potholes and any problems with your underbody?
                              Not really w/ the underbody. A difference, heaven yeah!

Yesterday, the first day that I had them on, I had to get used to the slam of the rear after it replanted over a big bump or pot hole. It's somewhat bearable for now, and kinda harsh (but not back breaking harsh). I think the springs are starting to loosen up and sit lower. I initially had the rear at about 1.5" drop yesterday. Now it's looks about ~2.0" maybe more. I can't really tell yet.

Hopefully the fronts will go on tomorrow, and the Friday after next, after the springs have fully settled, I'll raise it back up to about ~1.5"-1.75" in the front and ~1.25 or so in the rear. I'll play with them until I get the look/stance I'm personally shooting for.

A full review will probably come around September 1st.
                              Last edited by Straight Success; 07-31-2011, 06:54 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X