Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just a lack of knowledge... it's the lack of need. If you aren't going to be racing on a track, a full race suspension is unnecessary... even dangerous.

Yes, a beginner needs to learn, but a suspension isn't really something that should be learned via trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It's not just a lack of knowledge... it's the lack of need. If you aren't going to be racing on a track, a full race suspension is unnecessary... even dangerous.

Yes, a beginner needs to learn, but a suspension isn't really something that should be learned via trial and error.

Comment

I know I tend to say things in a very black and white manner... like "if you do this wrong, it could kill you!"... and that's not always the case. I know guys that have been on some pretty improper suspensions that were just fine. I even drove my 86 Accord home from Florida to NJ while it was tucking tires (slammed on the cheapest ebay "lo-boyz" coilovers, 4 blown stock shocks, and 2 tires that had previously been inflated to 60psi...)

However, I know money is tight for most members here... if it wasn't, most of us would have nicer, newer cars. We all want cheap, but we all want performance as well. It's very tempting to get the cheapest stuff possible... but if you do that, you're going to end up with a car that won't perform as you want it to... or worse, a car that is downright dangerous.

Hell, I first lowered my car on KYB AGX shocks and H&R Sport springs. All brand new. The springs were too low and too stiff for the shocks, but I didn't know any better. I was never a fan of the ride, as it felt like it was fighting me any time I pushed the car to the limit.
        Then I picked up a used set of Koni Yellows, paired with H&R Race springs. Stiffer springs, lower stance... shocks that are made to handle it. Holy crap what a difference! Now, it's not the suspension I doubt at the limit, but my tires. The suspension will take whatever I throw at it. It's simple, but it does everything I could ever want it to do. I didn't need some fancy coilover setup... just a properly matched set of springs and shocks.

Comment

indeed very true deev.

my first setup was the tockico blue 1.25-1.5 drop springs and shocks. they where fin at first but i didn't like them. so with the wagon i looked a few diff setups and ask a few peeps and went the fnf type ones cuz i can ajust the hight and they where not the ebay shit and i love the fnf's.

and tires do make a world of difference to if you have cheap or worn out tires or even the wrong type for the car like for the cb's you should run H rated or higher unless you are running snow tires. like i had some cheap tires on my old sedan and ended up crashing it cuz or them and that my uca bushing where shot to hell. right now i have a set of goodyear eagle rsa they are a great tire for a dd and stuff hell the cops use them lol.

and you want to see some pics of the wrong was to lower a car look at my old wagon i got it that way.

a heated spring man

the way the car sat

i had fixed it with some stock ones i had
          back at it again

Comment

I need a favor someone!

Can someone (who is at stock height on stock suspension) measure from the middle bottom part of your fender to the very dead center of your wheel please (front and rear)?
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              I need a favor someone!

Can someone (who is at stock height on stock suspension) measure from the middle bottom part of your fender to the very dead center of your wheel please (front and rear)?
              to figure out how much drop you got?
              back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                to figure out how much drop you got?
                Exactly. The paper I had it written down on disappeared from my tool box somehow. !

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Exactly. The paper I had it written down on disappeared from my tool box somehow. !
                  that suck man
                  back at it again

Comment

that suck man
                    I know.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

You know what... there's a green sedan on my block that's bone stock. This 3 year out of college couple owns it. I think I'll sneak and take measurements tonight. !

- D. Chappelle

Comment

You know what... there's a green sedan on my block that's bone stock. This 3 year out of college couple owns it. I think I'll sneak and take measurements tonight. !
                        lol do it!! but you see those pics i posted they was fucked man
                        back at it again

Comment

lol do it!! but you see those pics i posted they was fucked man
                          That was really bad.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

indeed the new guys needs and example
                            back at it again

Comment

indeed the new guys needs and example
                              That'll do it, and if it doesn't... that means that their ignorant asses have no respect for life, safety, their cars, and other things that could be effected by trying to take the cheapo/short-cut way.

The best way is to research, be patient, and save until you can afford to do it right.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

That'll do it, and if it doesn't... that means that their ignorant asses have no respect for life, safety, their cars, and other things that could be effected by trying to take the cheapo/short-cut way.

The best way is to research, be patient, and save until you can afford to do it right.
                                indeed man that car had a cracked trany cuz of them i had to change the trany on it
                                back at it again

Comment

Working...
                                X