Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
    well looks like im getting a honda tech account, Aww man but seriously 550, thats 50 more than orange konis and springs
    you can get koni str.t and neuspeed sport springs for $451 shipped, straight from neuspeed......... They also seem to have the best price on Koni yellows....

-2 cents.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by Noridetoolow View Post
      Ordered my F&F Type 1s Monday from Weksos, James or Josh, both are cool guys. $550 SHIPPED from California to Georgia, you will not find a better deal on a good set of full coilovers. You have to CALL and mention the Honda-Tech discount (as mentioned earlier and if your not on Honda-Tech.com.....go sign up before calling JUST in case they ask, neither asked me).

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=2528&page=1
      Ohh this gave me a 8=========D I need to order my set and get rid of my sketch setup lmao.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

what would you recomend, I'm kinda leaning towards the coilovers beacuse they get a lower drop and people have ran them before and if im not mistaken I can get a little bit better ajustablitiy

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
          really? i really over paid for mine 630 shipped
          Yes, you did. For that price, you could have got FII's.

Wish i had known, I keep reading everyone on here post about Weksos when it comes to the F&F Type 1 setup and the Honda Tech discount. There are at least a couple threads and thats all I have seen or rather its the lowest option I saw. I checked out your site, kinda hard to navigate, is there a shopping section on it?
          Do you check out FatFourCustoms; is that what you meant? That is a company two friends of mine created that creates products for the Accord chassis. At the moment, most of the parts have been for the 5th gen, but I speak with them daily, and parts for the CB chassis are already developed and just being product tested to ensure they perform at the high level the expect.

Check his sig

FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe
          Don't know what that is supposed to mean, but here is a link to a set for sale listed at $400.

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
          you can get koni str.t and neuspeed sport springs for $451 shipped, straight from neuspeed......... They also seem to have the best price on Koni yellows....

-2 cents.
          Even then, that is overpriced compared to the link posted above.

what would you recomend, I'm kinda leaning towards the coilovers beacuse they get a lower drop and people have ran them before and if im not mistaken I can get a little bit better ajustablitiy
          I'm going to copy and paste exactly what I wrote a couple of days ago.

Personally, shocks and lowering springs are a complete waste of money. The only shock/sleeve combo you should consider is Koni Yellow's & GC. Aside from that, you will be disappointed with everything else.

Now, I believe lowering springs are a complete waste of money. The reason being, more than likely, the only reason you are getting them is to lower the car. Eventually, you will not be happy with the ride height of the car and you will want to go lower, which the lowering springs will not allow you to do. What do you do? You end up saving and spending money for a set of a set of coils.

Let's say your new suspension setup before you bought coils cost you $200 or $300. Now that you have coils, you want to sell that setup. Guess what, you won't be getting what you invested back. Down goes $300 which could have initially been spent towards a set of coils had you waited and bought them first. On top of that, coils are best because if you don't like the car at one height, you can either lower it or raise it. The choice is yours. Just whichever ride height you decide to keep it at, leave it like that because when you begin to mess with the suspension, you will also screw with the alignment of the vehicle.

Also, stay away from Tein basics. They are too soft and you will bottom out. I have a set of Tein SS and I think they are excellent for daily driving, but for as low as I am and the way I drive, I need something much stiffer.

Whatever you do, research, research, research.
          Last edited by scanlessfool; 08-05-2011, 12:23 AM.
          | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

fosho man, where do you think i can get function form 2s for that price?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Do whatever the fuck you want. Just take safety into consideration. Make sure whatever you do (including adjusting the springs) isn't going to be putting your life at risk. Suspension isn't something you should take lightly.

Comment

true, if i have to wait, i will

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

One good option to finding ffIIs at a good price is to setup accounts on other honda sites and search their classifieds. Of course you will have to meet the proper requirments before looking at the classifieds on some sites.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
                    Don't know what that is supposed to mean, but here is a link to a set for sale listed at $400.
                    You commented that you could have gotten me a set much cheaper then what I paid had you known i was looking for a set. Based on that and the link to a vendor in your sig I made the assumption that you were talking about selling a set though that site for less then what I paid Weksos. So when I someone else asked I suggested the link (thinking this was your business). I had no way of knowing you were referring to a used set on another forum. As for that set....the guy may be willing to ship (he mentions NO shipping though lol) but I am sure it would run $40 or more to ship these to Georgia (assuming he would ship). I probably would have bought these anyway but Im not unhappy about $550, for a decent coilover setup that price is GREAT. Heck I sold my Cusco coilovers that have been passed around for a while now for $400 oh and because I caught the promotion on the last day it was active (LUCKY), I am also getting a free t-shirt! lol

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Stupid Question. When you lower or heighten your car to a desired 2" or 3" drop, where exactly are you measuring to be consistent for each spring?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        Stupid Question. When you lower or heighten your car to a desired 2" or 3" drop, where exactly are you measuring to be consistent for each spring?

i normally count threads when i crank the collars. i know people that find a level ground and use a measuring tape from ground to bottom fender too

Comment

so it doesnt make a click sound when you adjust

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

so it doesnt make a click sound when you adjust
                            No, all your doing is turning a large nut on a long bolt basically. The strut is your bolt and the locking perches and lower mounts twist like a nut. The locking perches set and lock in your pre-load. Go here and scroll to the bottom, watch the first video. Also the doc you see when the page loads is good to read even if you have installed these before.

http://www.f2autolife.com/technical-tips-and-how-tos

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

OHHHHH! thanks man, I will defintaly lower the car but I must get a little bit more cash

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
                                i normally count threads when i crank the collars. i know people that find a level ground and use a measuring tape from ground to bottom fender too
                                Thanks. So I'm assuming everyone doesn't use the same "rule of thumb" here. When I bought my 2" drop springs (not coilovers) the spring was actually 2" shorter than the stock. But with coilovers, is there a set way to tell your dropping 2" or 3"?

I watched that vid too. Pre-load confused me at first but I google'd it and I understand now. I'll assume most who have the option are using zero pre-load as they drive on the road 95% or however much.

Also, another stupid Q. In the 2nd vid of he is only lowering the lower mount on the shock to make it fit in while he installs it, is this correct? This seems like a one time thing, then you can adjust your ride height in the future by using the spring perches?

Comment

Working...
                                X