Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leung im preaty sure there are grants like that

Comment

I paid for the first 4 years of school out of my own pocket. No loans. Minimum wage jobs. It sucked, and I was broke as shit, but I paid for it.

Are you a Mexican citizen? Can you go to college for less money in Mexico?

Comment

thats the thing im not a resident here or over there i was born in mexico nd brought to california when i was four months old

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I paid for the first 4 years of school out of my own pocket. No loans. Minimum wage jobs. It sucked, and I was broke as shit, but I paid for it.

Are you a Mexican citizen? Can you go to college for less money in Mexico?
          Remember, school has probably tripled in tuition since you went. Not looking down on you as I'm sure that was tough, but I think it's tougher now days to do it without loans unless you can stay with a relative for next to nothing.

Actually that's admirable.

OP, your best bet is to save and start at a community college. That would probably be the most feasible option for you.

Also, the box above where I quoted Deevergote, was using the "Quote" tab located at the bottom right of each post. Click that, and it will show in your post what someone else wrote previously. You can also click the plus on different posts to multi-quote.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            Remember, school has probably tripled in tuition since you went. Not looking down on you as I'm sure that was tough, but I think it's tougher now days to do it without loans unless you can stay with a relative for next to nothing.

Actually that's admirable.

OP, your best bet is to save and start at a community college. That would probably be the most feasible option for you.

Also, the box above where I quoted Deevergote, was using the "Quote" tab located at the bottom right of each post. Click that, and it will show in your post what someone else wrote previously. You can also click the plus on different posts to multi-quote.
            thank you for leting me knw i was wondering what that was for also since i gues u can say im in a domestic relation ship meanin i live with my girl have to pay rent make other payments nd buy food so its hard to keep up with all the plus college at a wage of 300 a week

Comment

Your not a American citizen? You can't apply for a minority loan or scolarship?

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                Your not a American citizen? You can't apply for a minority loan or scolarship?
                i could actually that's what i have right now but they only help my with half so i pay like a resident with out it i'd pay double what i have to right now, eather way with that help it's still not enough, i have to pay $276 right now and with out the help i would have to pay around $500

Comment

Originally posted by fc lovo View Post
                  thank you for leting me knw i was wondering what that was for also since i gues u can say im in a domestic relation ship meanin i live with my girl have to pay rent make other payments nd buy food so its hard to keep up with all the plus college at a wage of 300 a week
                  You both work part time and make 300 a week?

Budgeting is really the best advice anyone can give you - If you can't afford it or don't need it - Don't buy it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    You both work part time and make 300 a week?

Budgeting is really the best advice anyone can give you - If you can't afford it or don't need it - Don't buy it.
                    i'm the only one thats working currently, my girl doesn't have a job yet

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                      Remember, school has probably tripled in tuition since you went.
                      The last time I was enrolled in college was last summer. Tuition has gone up, true... but not by that much. And the national minimum wage went from $5.15 when I started school in 98 to over $7 now... so the increase in cost is likely relative to the increase in available income.

i could actually that's what i have right now but they only help my with half so i pay like a resident with out it i'd pay double what i have to right now, eather way with that help it's still not enough, i have to pay $276 right now and with out the help i would have to pay around $500
                      My last class was $875. I got no assistance.
                      Are you paying $276 for a single class? With 50% paid? And you're complaining?

No wonder this world is going soft. Everyone wants something for nothing.

Comment

Start with this: http://youtu.be/VpZtX32sKVE College Conspiracy
                        Description: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llrmq8q3E24
                        91 Accord LX 5-speed
                        93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Tuition Rate Increases Over The Last 2 Decades.

Rutgers is Included. Man, it's brutal. Still, I hand it to you. Paying out of pocket the whole way is admirable. I think my son will be in a position to do that, but honestly, he'll probably receive a lot of help; help from me.

Minimum Wage Increases Over...

Although this is a different state, the minimum wage increase is very similar from state to state. It only differs by a few cents, but no more than $0.50.

Times have gotten harder for everyone trying to make it, not just college students. The greed in this country is driving up the cost of everything making it damn near impossible for the average person to live comfortably.

EDIT: I didn't now that you started school in '98. I thought it was more like the early '90s.
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 09-03-2012, 02:14 PM.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
                            Start with this: http://youtu.be/VpZtX32sKVE College Conspiracy
                            Description: College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llrmq8q3E24
                            i like that idea
                            Last edited by fc lovo; 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              The last time I was enrolled in college was last summer. Tuition has gone up, true... but not by that much. And the national minimum wage went from $5.15 when I started school in 98 to over $7 now... so the increase in cost is likely relative to the increase in available income.

My last class was $875. I got no assistance.
                              Are you paying $276 for a single class? With 50% paid? And you're complaining?

No wonder this world is going soft. Everyone wants something for nothing.

the 276 are for two classes but the problem is the fact that i have to make other
                              payments at a wage of 300 i practicaly spend more than what i earn,also i was wondering if ones you make a contract with a company is it posible to chainge the date pf the
                              payments and all im saing is don't we all deserv the same oportunities as every one else
                              Last edited by fc lovo; 09-03-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

the 276 are for two classes but the problem is the fact that i have to make other
                                payments at a wage of 300 i practicaly spend more than what i earn,also i was wondering if ones you make a contract with a company is it posible to chainge the date pf the
                                payments and all im saing is don't we all deserv the same oportunities as every one else
                                Credits i'm not sure about but i have before change the due date of my car payment. All i did was call them up, tell them that i was having financial problems and asked if they could change my payment due date to later in the month. I had to wait on an approval from a manager or something but a few weeks later it went through. I was told i could only change the date once though so make sure you think clearly before you settle on a date.

Comment

Working...
                                X