Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also i have to pay for books that are from 80 to 200 dollars each

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      Credits i'm not sure about but i have before change the due date of my car payment. All i did was call them up, tell them that i was having financial problems and asked if they could change my payment due date to later in the month. I had to wait on an approval from a manager or something but a few weeks later it went through. I was told i could only change the date once though so make sure you think clearly before you settle on a date.
      sounds easy i think thats whatt i'm going to do because everything i pay falls on the same week and thats what's making it hard for me to handel everything

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
        Tuition Rates Increases Over The Last 2 Decades.

Rutgers is Included. Man, it's brutal. Still, I hand it to you. Paying out of pocket the whole way is admirable. I think my son will be in a position to do that, but honestly, he'll probably receive a lot of help; help from me.

Minimum Wage Increases Over...

Although this is a different state, the minimum wage increase is very similar from state to state. It only differs by a few cents, but no more than $0.50.

Times have gotten harder for everyone trying to make it, not just college students. The greed in this country is driving up the cost of everything making it damn near impossible for the average person to live comfortably.

EDIT: I didn't now that you started school in '98. I though it was more like the early '90s.
        I'm only 3 years older than you, Anthony!
        I didn't start Rutgers until 2002.

Comment

My classes are $1500 a semester(I have 4).
          When I went to community college, my entire semester was $1000.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

My grammar and context is terrible. I need to proof read before I submit my post. That's my new goal from now on.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
              My classes are $1500 a semester(I have 4).
              When I went to community college, my entire semester was $1000.

were you a full time student?

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post

My grammar and context is terrible. I need to proof read before I submit my post. That's my new goal from now on.
                your not alone on that i think most people never check what they write i knw i dnt untill iv already posted or printed what im doing

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I paid for the first 4 years of school out of my own pocket. No loans. Minimum wage jobs. It sucked, and I was broke as shit, but I paid for it.
                  Thats me right now. I have loans for school out now but its the hours i can work thats killing me
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    The last time I was enrolled in college was last summer. Tuition has gone up, true... but not by that much. And the national minimum wage went from $5.15 when I started school in 98 to over $7 now... so the increase in cost is likely relative to the increase in available income.

My last class was $875. I got no assistance.
                    Are you paying $276 for a single class? With 50% paid? And you're complaining?

No wonder this world is going soft. Everyone wants something for nothing.
                    my classes are 3.5K each
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                      my classes are 3.5K each
                      some of us need the help like you because thats alot of money to pay out of your pocket

Comment

You got some cheap prices, my wife paid 12k a semester to go to a private college. Half was paid by grants and a few other things. She graduated with a masters at 26, by 28 we had paid off her $37,000 in debt. She worked summers only and paid while in school, when we got married, the debt had to go. She also got to work full time while she got her masters.

Shit might be hard, but get a full time job and take night/online classes

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                          You got some cheap prices, my wife paid 12k a semester to go to a private college. Half was paid by grants and a few other things. She graduated with a masters at 26, by 28 we had paid off her $37,000 in debt. She worked summers only and paid while in school, when we got married, the debt had to go. She also got to work full time while she got her masters.

Shit might be hard, but get a full time job and take night/online classes
                          thats exactly what im doing working full time and taking night classes but I get paid 300 a week but its not enough and with my leagal status I cant do much

Comment

I just started my second semester at a community college. The total came out to about $2,500. I paid for it through student loans-FASFA, and Pell Grants. I work 34 hours at my job and have classes for 24.5 hours a week. I got it pretty easy but I am also a U.S citizen attending school in the state/town I live in so i don't need to pay for housing and I don've have to pay as much as out of state-ers.

The hardest part for me is paying other bills I have, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone, rent, as of right now gas is a bill because my car isn't on the road. I also had to quit my second job cause I couldn't work two jobs around school. So 34 hours a week working at a min. wage job in retail is gonna be tough.

But it is what it is and I'm hoping when I get out, or before, ill have a job at CAT, or another dealership.

Comment

Community college is the way to go for the first 60 credits, as long as they transfer to a 4 year school (public schools are best for that.) I got off as cheap as possible with Rutgers thanks to that, and the fact that I was a resident of the county (for community college) and state (for Rutgers).

My doctorate, on the other hand... that will cost me $200,000-$250,000.
                              So kwitcherbitchin.

Comment

Originally posted by fc lovo View Post
                                thats exactly what im doing working full time and taking night classes but I get paid 300 a week but its not enough and with my leagal status I cant do much
                                $300 a week. That's $1200 a month. A semester is what... 4 months long? So you make $4800 each semester. Cut your living costs as low as possible, and you'll be able to afford school. That, or find yourself a better job. $300 a week for a full time job means you're making minimum wage. You can do better than that being a waiter, pizza delivery driver, construction laborer, landscaper...

Instead of complaining about your situation, DO something about it!
                                Or just go to school part time, if you're not already, and take a little longer to finish. I got my BA when I was 25, and I went to school steadily since I was 18. It takes time, especially when you're poor... but you can do it if you're smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X