Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biggmatt207 View Post
    I just started my second semester at a community college. The total came out to about $2,500. I paid for it through student loans-FASFA, and Pell Grants. I work 34 hours at my job and have classes for 24.5 hours a week. I got it pretty easy but I am also a U.S citizen attending school in the state/town I live in so i don't need to pay for housing and I don've have to pay as much as out of state-ers.

The hardest part for me is paying other bills I have, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone, rent, as of right now gas is a bill because my car isn't on the road. I also had to quit my second job cause I couldn't work two jobs around school. So 34 hours a week working at a min. wage job in retail is gonna be tough.

But it is what it is and I'm hoping when I get out, or before, ill have a job at CAT, or another dealership.
    im preaty sure thats every ones dream to have a well paying carreer after all they strugels no matet where your from or what race you are, whats important is your welth and of thoes around you

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
      my classes are 3.5K each
      Ouch

Originally posted by fc lovo View Post
      were you a full time student?
      For the most part, yes. More some reason I was lazy and didn't work while I was at community college, but waited till a University to get a job.

Btw, that was for my summer class. Right now the university hasn't decided how much the tuition is going to be, but it's estimated for the fall semester at $~5280
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
        Ouch

For the most part, yes. More some reason I was lazy and didn't work while I was at community college, but waited till a University to get a job.

Btw, that was for my summer class. Right now the university hasn't decided how much the tuition is going to be, but it's estimated for the fall semester at $~5280
        daing I don't think i'll make it in the university if i'm strugoling now

Comment

daing I don't think i'll make it in the university if i'm strugoling now
          Set aside a good bit of time for studying. Math kicked my ass. I built in time to study with tutors.
          This past semester I had to retake pre calc. I hate the thought of retaking any class, especially a math class. Keep that in your head. It should serve as some motivation.

Also, (and this is directly contrary to what I've said before) you might want to try giving yourself an edge. All throughout school I've been against ADD drugs like Adderall or Vyvanse. This past semester I took it the last 3 days of class.

Went from a 69% overall to pass with a 2.5 (B-).
          Whatever my grade was on that exam, it had to be excellent.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Set aside a good bit of time for studying. Math kicked my ass. I built in time to study with tutors.
            This past semester I had to retake pre calc. I hate the thought of retaking any class, especially a math class. Keep that in your head. It should serve as some motivation.

Also, (and this is directly contrary to what I've said before) you might want to try giving yourself an edge. All throughout school I've been against ADD drugs like Adderall or Vyvanse. This past semester I took it the last 3 days of class.

Went from a 69% overall to pass with a 2.5 (B-).
            Whatever my grade was on that exam, it had to be excellent.
            sounds like a good idea they say that sertain drugs in consentraited portions open your mind and you capture more whats around you

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              $300 a week. That's $1200 a month. A semester is what... 4 months long? So you make $4800 each semester. Cut your living costs as low as possible, and you'll be able to afford school. That, or find yourself a better job. $300 a week for a full time job means you're making minimum wage. You can do better than that being a waiter, pizza delivery driver, construction laborer, landscaper...

Instead of complaining about your situation, DO something about it!
              Or just go to school part time, if you're not already, and take a little longer to finish. I got my BA when I was 25, and I went to school steadily since I was 18. It takes time, especially when you're poor... but you can do it if you're smart.
              im working as a gardener its the same as landscaper iv been workin with my dad in that for almost 3 years now Its been longer but as full time its been 3 years Iv aplyed for jobs but they wont take me because I dont have a social number

Comment

sounds like a good idea they say that sertain drugs in consentraited portions open your mind and you capture more whats around you
                Sounds more like LSD to me.
                MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

You can get jobs under the table with no SSN.

I'm still trying to figure out how you even got into college with the way you type.

Comment

Sounds more like LSD to me.
                    wat's lsd

Comment

You can get jobs under the table with no SSN.

I'm still trying to figure out how you even got into college with the way you type.
                      I type/write diferent in school plus they dont ask for anything when you apply atleast not an esay or any kind of writing

Comment

If you keep typing like a child here, you'll continue to be treated like one...

Comment

If you keep typing like a child here, you'll continue to be treated like one...
                          I have been trying to improve my writing skills, because I have read stuff that I have writen on paper and they do not make sence

Comment

But you say you write differently in school... which to me is saying "I can type like a moron on here, because it doesn't matter." Quite frankly, that is insulting to those you're asking for help. You're talking to intelligent adults (at least, those are the ones that will be able to help you.) Show a little respect by typing clearly. It will do you a world of good. Get in the habit of typing clearly, and it will help you in "real life", not just on this forum. If I were a boss, or an admissions officer at a college, I sure as hell would skip right over your application if it was typed the way you type here. I know money is your problem, but once you're able to pay for college, your poor typing will be your next problem.

First thing, use Firefox as a browser. It will underline misspelled words in red for you.

Comment

First thing, use Firefox as a browser. It will underline misspelled words in red for you.
                              Then right click on said words. It will suggest the correct spelling for you.

Take your new correctly spelled word, and go here
                              http://dictionary.reference.com/

Figure out how it's spelled, and what it means. That'll help you the next time.
                              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

But you say you write differently in school... which to me is saying "I can type like a moron on here, because it doesn't matter." Quite frankly, that is insulting to those you're asking for help. You're talking to intelligent adults (at least, those are the ones that will be able to help you.) Show a little respect by typing clearly. It will do you a world of good. Get in the habit of typing clearly, and it will help you in "real life", not just on this forum. If I were a boss, or an admissions officer at a college, I sure as hell would skip right over your application if it was typed the way you type here. I know money is your problem, but once you're able to pay for college, your poor typing will be your next problem.

Then right click on said words. It will suggest the correct spelling for you.

Take your new correctly spelled word, and go here
                                http://dictionary.reference.com/

Figure out how it's spelled, and what it means. That'll help you the next time.
                                thank you for the tip I do need to inprove, I got used to typing like that havent talked to any one my age or older for a while

Comment

Working...
                                X