Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fc lovo View Post
    im working as a gardener its the same as landscaper iv been workin with my dad in that for almost 3 years now Its been longer but as full time its been 3 years Iv aplyed for jobs but they wont take me because I dont have a social number
    Why not try to get citizenship first? It sounds like a degree will not help you because you really can't work in the USA. But I do have the upmost respect for you trying to better your situation by doing what you are doing. But if your a landscaper making $300 a week, it time to ditch dad, me and my buddy cleared $275 each just this weekend cutting yards and clearing brush with little more than a riding mower, weed eate, take and a trailor. There's good money in landscaping. This weekend we are fencing in a septic tank so people don't drive over it, after supplies and equipment rental, we should clear $150 each for about two hours of work

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
      Why not try to get citizenship first? It sounds like a degree will not help you because you really can't work in the USA. But I do have the upmost respect for you trying to better your situation by doing what you are doing. But if your a landscaper making $300 a week, it time to ditch dad, me and my buddy cleared $275 each just this weekend cutting yards and clearing brush with little more than a riding mower, weed eate, take and a trailor. There's good money in landscaping. This weekend we are fencing in a septic tank so people don't drive over it, after supplies and equipment rental, we should clear $150 each for about two hours of work
      I am actualy I can start to apply for my citizship with the new law acct they have pased, I hope everything goes well with that and well I cant leave college because they want to see that you are not going to be a dependant of the government

Comment

I'm having trouble with getting financial aid. I used to be able to get it but now they further complicated the process to where I can't apply on my own till next year. I can apply with my folks taxes but they are not us residents so I'm stuck because they have no social. I said fuck it and gave up the process. I'll apply again when I'm considered independent (at 24 next year) and for now just struggle to pay it off while I take a smaller amount of classes..

If I earned enough to be able to pay for everything I needed and be fine (as in all school and bills are taken care of with a little extra money for the what ifs) I wouldn't even apply even if I qualified.. it's a hassle.

Guess I'm not much of a hustler.

Comment

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
          I'm having trouble with getting financial aid. I used to be able to get it but now they further complicated the process to where I can't apply on my own till next year. I can apply with my folks taxes but they are not us residents so I'm stuck because they have no social. I said fuck it and gave up the process. I'll apply again when I'm considered independent (at 24 next year) and for now just struggle to pay it off while I take a smaller amount of classes..

If I earned enough to be able to pay for everything I needed and be fine (as in all school and bills are taken care of with a little extra money for the what ifs) I wouldn't even apply even if I qualified.. it's a hassle.

Guess I'm not much of a hustler.
          I applyed for a fee waver but I cant use it untill next year but im not giving up I have goten this far Im gona keep going
          Last edited by fc lovo; 09-04-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I started piking up bottles to colect some money

Comment

I hate to say it, but every one talks and write the same way. The mistakes you make when you talk are the same ones you make when you write. The only exception is if you are a CIA agent. Since you are from Mexico, I would not think you are a CIA agent. English is my 2nd learned language. I make every effort to make it as correct as possible. I take the time to go back and correct my threads. If you don't correct your mistakes, then you are lazy, and you will never remember your mistakes. Spoon feeding has never help any one. Crying about your problems don't get sympathy any more as most people have the same problems. Thus, if they sympathize you then who shall give them sympathy.
              I am going to give you a little advise and it should work. It's call determination. I have yet to fail in anything that I have determined to achieve.
              While you are in college, take it as it comes. Make good use of the friendships you have around. A smile always work and get you laid. Most importantly, be mature. You are now in college, if you have not mature by now, you should not be there. The thing you need to do is find the opportunities. Don't just focus on the single work that you have now. Keep your eyes and ears open. When I was at the University of Miami, which was in 1988-92, tuition was $14K-$18 a year. I am proud to say that I paid for it. While I was in college, I live at the school with friends and never paid a single dime. I was good in math and science and instead of paying me for the tutoring, they fed me, and let me live there. I had my own room. I even had some one drive me around. I was friends with the janitorial staffs and never pay for toilet paper.
              So if you don't have many friends, go make lots of them. Let them get to know you, and most importantly, let them offer to help you. I never ask for help in college. I offered help and I get them back automatically in return. Just make yourself a part of your society and all will be good.
              Good luck bud. I know quite a few friends with immigrant status and I got a job for one of the girls. She wanted to be a dentist and she's the only income. She makes $9.25 an hour and got 2 years left in college before applying for dental school. I don't contact her much but every now and then I text her "Keep it going!" and she replies of how she's doing.
              Just encourage yourself with this, you are not the only that is struggling. You have companions.
              Good bud and get out there and shine your will.

Comment

I cant imagin how many people are going through the same thing i am . I just want to say thank you to everyone who contributed their opinions, and advice i fell alot more confident now and i know i Will do my best in college

Comment

I cant imagin how many people are going through the same thing i am . I just want to say thank you to everyone who contributed their opinions, and advice i fell alot more confident now and i know i Will do my best in college
                  Think of it this, you have the opportunity now. Do you know how many people wishing for the same opportunity as yours and cannot get it?
                  You are lucky.

Comment

im on my second year of college, and its a community college. they help a lot, one way or the other, i wasnt able to get financial aid but at least got fee waivers and got all my classes paid, just the books on my side. i thank God i was able to get legal status with a working permit that my parents have and thanks to them court grant it to me too (since i was a minor back then) . also its true that tuition has raised a lot since the last time i went back in 2010 it was 26 bucks per unit, now its 46 -_____- and if you are out of state or leave here but dont have papers you have to pay almost 3gs each semester for tuition so i get him why it is hard to keep on going to school and having money to pay for it. but like they say nothing is impossible, just harder to accomplish but keep it going and dont give up because in the long run it will definitely pay off

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                    My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

I am glad that there are people like you guys that understands ones situation

Comment

Sdsu !!! Class Of 2013!!

Comment

Any one going to east los angeles college or have gone?

Comment

If this is going to turn into a region-specific conversation, it's gone.

Comment

I am glad that there are people like you guys that understands ones situation
                              Can't say I was in the same situation starting out, true story: moved my senior year from FL(the worst) and graduate in '10 in NY had all my college and living plans planned out for NY was living with my pops and step-moms, long story short the both decided to move back to FL after I already registered, got accepted, etc etc to Vassar College since at the time I lived where the college was didn't need/qualify for a dorm plus tuition was already expensive. My father gave me an ultimatum move w/ them back to FL or get cut off (financially) long story short again I got cut off because I didn't wanna pay out of state tuition at an FL college, i basically became homeless and jobless/poor in a matter of minutes but anyways i used my anger turned to something else towards my as my ambition. Now I'm 20 a banker and on my 3rd year in college.

It's funny when your back's against the wall what ambition can do, keep your head up there's always a light at the end of a tunnel

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                If this is going to turn into a region-specific conversation, it's gone.
                                not at all just curious

Comment

Working...
                                X