Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ecu shut off at 120

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu shut off at 120

i have a 90 with a h22 swap i have took up to 120 a couple time and the car the shut off the govener kick on. i have p13. im thinking in the future should i get a new ecu if so what kind thank u

Any reason you really need to go that fast...ever?

A chipped P28 will fix your problem. Expect to shell out some money for a proper tune of the car though.

Comment

the was goind to be my next ? with system i should get i was thinking hondata or crome i dont mind spending the money as long i do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by sweet91accord View Post
        thi dont mind spending the money as long i do it right.
        Find a local tuner and see what system they use. Because to do it right would mean taking your car to a tuner to have them tune it. They will also probably tell you that it's not the best idea to run 120mph in a 20 year old car. Unless you have completely rebuilt the suspention and upgraded to NSX brakes.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

i cruise at 100 all the time. it not fun having 190+hp and stop at 120 waste of power in my book.

Comment

remind me to stay away from you

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

you need an intake.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

^^^with that you'll get 200hp!!!

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

When you crash, if you survive, please don't post about it on here. You will receive no sympathy.

Find a shop that can tune with either Crome or Uberdata (or something else), and get a chipped P28. Have them tune it, and remove the speed limiter. Enjoy your fast car. Try not to die. More importantly, try not to kill anyone else that might actually be of use to this world.

Comment

i cruise at 100 all the time. it not fun having 190+hp and stop at 120 waste of power in my book.
                    Damn your 34 years old and your still naive.
                    wat?

Comment

When you kill someone, I hope you live to enjoy your shame; and the jail sentence.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i see corvettes pushing 400+ hp and i dont see their owners having to cruise at 100, (all the time). keep out of san antonio
                        _

Comment

yeah your stock p13 limits it at I think 180kph which is like 115mph or something like that. You can get the P13 chipped to have no speed limiter and change the rev limit and VTEC engagement. I had mine done. But I think i'm going to get a P28 soon. I still see black soot deposits on my rear bumper, pretty heavily. So if you can swing it, just go ahead and get the p28 chipped w/ a Hondata program. I hear the S300 is good.

And I'm kinda w/ the OP on this. Why get an H22 and drive it like a granny? That totally defeats the purpose and enjoyment of having that engine.

How do you know he doesn't have F&F type 2 coilovers and ST swaybars? w/ Brembo Granturismo brakes? This is hypothetical but still, don't assume people didn't take the proper precautions prior to "speeding"

To the OP, when you do get it chipped, all I ask is that you don't speed at triple digit speeds on public roads when other people are around. Because that would be stupid.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

guy i dont drive stupid. but if i have a open road and clear of traffic i do wanna put the car to the limit. just to see what it have. and u guy travel in the highway u guy goes witht he flow right the most time the flow goes about 75 to 85. if the road is open why not push the car to the limit but be safe about it. im sorry if i offen someone about me driving fast

Comment

Next time you decide to go that fast in a 20 year old car, look at this thread. You may not be as lucky as MrPhil to walk away.
                              Originally posted by chessboxer
                              We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                              Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Working...
                              X