Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 engine s2000 trany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Ah yes. For some reason I was forgetting that the F20C spins the other way... which in hindsight makes no sense that I would overlook that!

Honestly, the best way to do this would be to use a full S2000 driveline. Forget about the F22A, unless you want something custom made for you... and like you said, the price is steep.

OR, find a transmission from another RWD vehicle with a motor that spins the same way as the F22A... if that exists. It'd be easier to mate that transmission to the F22A than it would be to modify an S2000 transmission to work.
    pretty sure Honda has been one of the very few in the automotive world who insisted that their motors spin CCW.
    marine engines are an exception. i run into that shit all the time...

i would expect therefore, that such a RWD trans isnt readily available.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

^^^ which is why every rwd conversion I've ever seen on an older Honda that utilized the Honda motor has been converted to mid-engine setup using the original tranny. It's really the ONLY way to do it if you are set on running the original block.

If I were even thinking about this, I'd find a way to mate a K24 or J30 to the s2000 tranny.....they all spin CW, right?
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

not sure on those engines and im not doing a mid engine convertion read the whole forum and i havent found any other cars that spin ccw let alone a rwd one so yea and i wonder if i can take all the gears and sincros out and flip them then put them back in so they mesh right as for the oiling problem idk yet

Comment

i also wonder if i could make my own kind of custom trans axle by putting a flang on the tranny and mounting it backwards to the axle or even to the engine and making custom brakets to hold everything

Comment

why dont you just use the whole honda s2k engine and tranny. why stick with the f22a? ur just thinking of the impossible. you cant just take gear and flip them and expect the tranny to work. i never heard of that being done. you just causing yourself a big headache.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

maybe these guys could be useful...

however I think I've had dreams since I was 12 about a black coupe like the one deev posted. that just made my week man. reminds me of this ls1 prelude.

My 93 CB7

My 79 Continental

Comment

Originally posted by riotstarter1992 View Post
                not sure on those engines and im not doing a mid engine convertion read the whole forum and i havent found any other cars that spin ccw let alone a rwd one so yea and i wonder if i can take all the gears and sincros out and flip them then put them back in so they mesh right as for the oiling problem idk yet
                You can flip the gears every way all day long, they will still be angled the same direction no matter how you put it back together.

You need to look up schematics of the internals of ANY transmission and notice the helical gears, then research helical gears and why they are that way, as well as look at why they require thrust bearings and also why running them backwards results in a thrust AWAY from the bearing thus causing the gear to rub on "something" not meant to be rubbed on, etc., etc.

Really, if you are dead set on using this specific engine/tranny combo, your cheapest, most reliable option is to design a simple gear box that bolts between the block and tranny that changes the direction of the crankshaft forces.

Possible but not feasible.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

The fact that you have to ask "What rear diff" means that you have no idea what you're getting urself into.

The F20C and F22C engines found in the AP1 and AP2 chassis are transversely mounted engines.

The F series found in accords are horizontally mounted. So how the hell are you gonna put a tranny that is put at the ass end of the block on an engine where the tranny is mounted on the passenger side. its virtually impossible.

Listen riotstarter, the reason that we are giving u so much shit is that we are trying to tell u that this is an impossible build that you are planning up. yea, u saw that pic of that F20/22C on a civic but do u know how much fabrication and MONEY, time and more MONEY that cost them? Unless you have a money tree growing in ur back yard, it can't happen.

So to sum this up: F22a/b enigne does not/ can not be fitted with an F20/22C tranny. It would be like trying to put a cube block in a triangle shaped hole. Physically impossible. Got it? K

Comment

murda is on point 100%
                    its all about coin and hardly any performance gains, just functionality set up anyway. (unless you go v8 then you get much bigger numbers than a f20) but no matter what, open thy wallet and grasp the ankles firmly.

My 93 CB7

My 79 Continental

Comment

k um thx for the help??? and y does my post keep getting deleted???

Comment

Originally posted by riotstarter1992 View Post
                        k um thx for the help??? and y does my post keep getting deleted???
                        Your posts were deleted for saying things like this:

Originally posted by riotstarter1992
                        dont thread jack jerk

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

oh ok thx lol i was just wondering

Comment

are there fwd trans that would fit the f20/22c engine?
                            Accord SE

93se
                            Members Ride
                            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                            Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Wouldn't it have been better to make a new thread, than to revive an 87 post thread from 2 years ago to ask an only somewhat related question?

80% of the replies from here on out will be to the original post, not your question...

To answer your question, any transmission mated to an engine that spins the same directly (the K series does, i believe) could be made to work, most likely with an adapter. Then you'd have to figure out how to mount the engine, which would require a good deal of custom work. For what it would cost, you could buy an S2000... or make 240 reliable horsepower from any other engine.

Comment

Deev dont you get tired of this. I would just lock/delete these threads and tell people to post when they actually purchase stuff. I had the same feeling when almostJDM said he was going to do a RWD project but he actually made good on it. But he is 1 out of literally thousands. People want the recognition without any of the work. What better way to get it than to be the guy who claims he's "gonna" swap a Ferrari engine into a CB. Its silly. Year after year never changes

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X