Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 engine s2000 trany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
    if i was him, i just throw in a h22 built with a b series awd setup
    that's be neat. like that prelude but including the front axles.

Comment

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the FACT that rotating the transmission in the wrong direction will cause numerous issues....

1. Extreme noise since the meshed gears are turning backwards.
      2. High probability of explosion because the gears will act on each other with the opposite edge of the teeth which are not curved, not usually hardened, etc.
      3. Instead of the gears pulling together when force is applied (another benefit of curved/meshed gears) they will push apart. When turbo force is applied the tranny case will crack, guaranteed.
      4. The oil pump which lifts oil to the top of the tranny and pours over the internals providing lubrication to bearings and gears which don't touch the tub of oil in the bottom of the tranny will now turn backwards. It will suck air through the top and blow it into the sump at the bottom making the bearings run dry within minutes.

Good luck.

Oh yeah on edit:

The synchros will be useless also, they won't work turning in reverse.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

He wasn't planning on rotating the transmission the other way. He was planning on rotating the rear differential the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
          I can't believe nobody has mentioned the FACT that rotating the transmission in the wrong direction will cause numerous issues....

1. Extreme noise since the meshed gears are turning backwards.
          2. High probability of explosion because the gears will act on each other with the opposite edge of the teeth which are not curved, not usually hardened, etc.
          3. Instead of the gears pulling together when force is applied (another benefit of curved/meshed gears) they will push apart. When turbo force is applied the tranny case will crack, guaranteed.
          4. The oil pump which lifts oil to the top of the tranny and pours over the internals providing lubrication to bearings and gears which don't touch the tub of oil in the bottom of the tranny will now turn backwards. It will suck air through the top and blow it into the sump at the bottom making the bearings run dry within minutes.

Good luck.

Oh yeah on edit:

The synchros will be useless also, they won't work turning in reverse.
          yea the only way this would work is if he used the f20c/f22c
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

If your so stuck on building a RWD Accord I would suggest that you store it away somewhere for now. Get yourself a job and start saving up the money for all of the odd parts your going to have to buy. A diff that can handle 600whp in reverse will cost you more than you think. It would probably be easier to buy a complete drive train from a RWD Toyota or Nissan and make an adapter plate for the engine.

Are you looking to stay with an independent rear suspension or a fixed axle and suspension? That will also be an added cost factor depending on what diff setup you end up going with.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-14-2010, 01:03 PM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              He wasn't planning on rotating the transmission the other way. He was planning on rotating the rear differential the other way.
              Uhhh...Deev, he is flipping the diff over to compensate for the fact that the transmission is rotating the other way. F22A rotates in the opposite direction of the F20/F22C, so unless he somehow reverses the rotation of his F22/G22/whatever, then the transmission will rotate the wrong way.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is no way to use an S2k trans on an F22A* engine. A K series engine yes, that's been done.
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-14-2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: F22"A*" was added thought it was obvious that I was not talking about an S2K engine!
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                  I'm pretty sure there is no way to use an S2k trans on an F22 engine. A K series engine yes, that's been done.
                  the F20c has been mated to the k20 tranny before without much modification. if what you say is true, then wht you also say is false. weird how that works.

I actually plan on making my accord RWD. Using S2k drivetrain. Right now im working on a 240sx project (sort of) to get a better understanding of how im gonna do it. Mostly because an S2k isn't exactly cheap. i wouldn't have even thought about the accord control arms not being able to handle any power if i hadn't. and thats with minimal wrench time.

the project will always seem easy in thought but will never be easy in execution. I just can't wait to get started.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    the F20c has been mated to the k20 tranny before without much modification. if what you say is true, then wht you also say is false. weird how that works.

How is what I said false?
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Deev what kinda motor is that in that CB... and I wonder how long it took that person to get it there....
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

It's a Chevy V8. There really isn't much CB7 left to that car.

Comment

k alot of questions lol damn but anyway... yes riotstarter its a take off the song riot by three days grace, good point about the tranny but like i said b4 i am still going threw everything, and its gonna stay cb based no other engine and i plan on using the sub frame from a 240 and just modding to fit.
                          and yes i relize this will not just be a bolt on and that there are alot of things involved, and the last answer for now is i have a job

Comment

Think about it deev....the engine turns the opposite way thus the tranny input shaft is turning the wrong direction.......and all other tranny internals are turning backwards thus all the problems I mentioned.

To the OP: Find a tranny that turns the correct direction, the s2000 tranny will grenade in no less than a couple miles as well as create a horrendous noise much worse than operating a fwd tranny in reverse at high speeds.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

finding a trany that turns the correct way is litteraly impossible seeing as the engine is reverse rotation and the only rwd trans for the f and h engines was almost 8k... and to that i say hell no

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                                Think about it deev....the engine turns the opposite way thus the tranny input shaft is turning the wrong direction.......and all other tranny internals are turning backwards thus all the problems I mentioned.

To the OP: Find a tranny that turns the correct direction, the s2000 tranny will grenade in no less than a couple miles as well as create a horrendous noise much worse than operating a fwd tranny in reverse at high speeds.
                                Ah yes. For some reason I was forgetting that the F20C spins the other way... which in hindsight makes no sense that I would overlook that!

Honestly, the best way to do this would be to use a full S2000 driveline. Forget about the F22A, unless you want something custom made for you... and like you said, the price is steep.

OR, find a transmission from another RWD vehicle with a motor that spins the same way as the F22A... if that exists. It'd be easier to mate that transmission to the F22A than it would be to modify an S2000 transmission to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X