Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

click from hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

click from hell

my turn signal click doesn't go away, the problem just started today, as soon as i turn on my car its clicking. however, my signals still work... and the click returns to a normal state while the turn signals are on. also i saw that the right light was blinking faintly. any idea's? its late so tomorrow if the weather is good ill go unscrew some of the steering column and look for bad wires. i already checked all the lights they are functional.

Hazards?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

hmm maybe my dvd screen is touching it ill check but no lights were blinking

Comment

In order of most likely cause:

One of the bulbs are shorting out (remove them one by one, and see when it stops clicking)
        The hazard switch is faulty.
        The turn signal switch is faulty.
        The flasher relay is faulty.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

flasher relay. my dad had the one in my cb7 replaced because it was doing the same thing it fixed my problem.

Comment

That happened to me last year and all I had to do was replace the turn signal switch. It is really easy to get out and you can buy a new one from autozone for $25

Comment

Agh im going threw the same exact issue , its driving me nuts .. i checked my bulbs and i replaced my hazard switch today and i replaced my relay and it still does it ....

Comment

it just happened out of nowhere , my turn signals work but when there not on my flasher clicks fast ... any updates on this issue

Comment

Originally posted by illwitit247 View Post
                  Agh im going threw the same exact issue , its driving me nuts .. i checked my bulbs and i replaced my hazard switch today and i replaced my relay and it still does it ....
                  Well your last option is to replace the turn signal assembly. Those do go funky every now and then. Its actually not that hard to replace, the only bitch about it is removing the steering wheel.

Just pick one up from the JY, that is my suggestion.

Comment

thanks

yeah i might have to .. sux.. mine isnt even old... ima go get one in the morning tho just in case .. if its not it ill have a extra for the future ..

Comment

yeah i might have to .. sux.. mine isnt even old...
                      How do you know how old yours is? Did you replace it before?

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                        Well your last option is to replace the turn signal assembly. Those do go funky every now and then. Its actually not that hard to replace, the only bitch about it is removing the steering wheel.

Just pick one up from the JY, that is my suggestion.
                        I had the one in my wagon fail "on" back in May. The turn signal switch fried internally (I could smell something electrical when it started). The switch can be replaced without removing the steering wheel.
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

If your good at taking things apart, you can carefully open up the turn signal switch, clean out the old dirty grease, regrease and re-assemble. Worked for me when I had a similiar issue.

What happens is over time the metal contacts wear, and the minute particles get suspended in the lubricant inside, making it slightly conductive. Eventually this can become conductive enough to cause the flasher to operate quickly and at the wrong times.

On the other hand if your not too handy, get a new turn signal switch and call it a day. I can almost garauntee that will fix it. Good luck!
                          ON_N20
                          Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Working...
                          X