No announcement yet.

whats up with cd5tuner.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took me forever to figure out how to post on here. (mostly because i skim read and didnt read the part telling me i had to sign up on cb7 as well. lol) any news on the restart lately? looking forward to posting all the pics and such of the work i've been doing.

Comment

Nothing yet. With my internet failing on the weekend I planned on doing it, then getting busier with work since August started... coupled with a pretty extensive lapse in communication between mchaley and myself... yeah, nothing yet.

It's still at the top of my to-do list... I just don't want to get halfway through resurrecting the site, get torn away from it, and end up having a buggy, irritating site. When I get it back up, it will be done right. I will also do everything in my power to make the original CD5tuner content salvagable... even if it means asking everyone to go back to it and cut and paste all the useful info they can find!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Nothing yet. With my internet failing on the weekend I planned on doing it, then getting busier with work since August started... coupled with a pretty extensive lapse in communication between mchaley and myself... yeah, nothing yet.

It's still at the top of my to-do list... I just don't want to get halfway through resurrecting the site, get torn away from it, and end up having a buggy, irritating site. When I get it back up, it will be done right. I will also do everything in my power to make the original CD5tuner content salvagable... even if it means asking everyone to go back to it and cut and paste all the useful info they can find!
        LOL. life happens. and i'm sure i can say for most of us, we're on board.

Comment

Let's have avatars in the new forum.
          1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
          CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
          PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

I'll have to see if the bandwidth issue is corrected.

Previously, any avatar on this software would cause a HUGE bandwidth draw. Unlike signature pics, even an image hosted elsewhere would somehow be uploaded to our server when used as an avatar... then every view of ever post made by every person with an avatar would count as a download... It nearly shut CB7tuner down in the early days! CB7tuner gets something like 8-10 million views a month... CD5tuner would be significantly less, but more than CB7tuner got when it was first tried. Granted, that first trial was in... 2004? I'm sure a lot has changed! In fact, the new version of vBulletin that I'll be running is COMPLETELY new... I don't even know what to expect from it!

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Not yet.

Comment

I think we need to start charing you guys rent

Comment

Im confused on what the hold up is every forum I've made or helped make took about an hour or 2 to get up and running perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      I think we need to start charing you guys rent
                      Rent deez
                      Originally posted by SkatinEmcee View Post
                      Im confused on what the hold up is every forum I've made or helped make took about an hour or 2 to get up and running perfectly
                      Oh man, deev is gonna own joo.

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by SkatinEmcee View Post
                        Awesome. Good for you. But I'm not you. And I'm busy. And I refuse to halfass the forum just to get it up and running ASAP. When I do it, I will do it right... so I don't have everyone whining "deev finally put the forum up but now nothing works!"

Comment

That was kind of a balsy way to introduce ones self, by asking why it's taking so long. We've got a place to post here, it's provided to us for free, what the f more do we need?

Comment

Cookies, I'd like some cookies...white chocolate chip please.

Comment

Well, now that you mention it, cookies would be nice lol

Comment

Macadamia nut white chocolate cookies are the BEST.

Comment

Working...
                                X