Polished some engine pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polished some engine pieces

So I've been board and decided to do some quick polishing on my valve cover and the plenum, iacv, Fitv, and air boost valve.

<-- MRT

Nice work! Takes a lot of work and patience to get them looking like that..... it can be a real PITA polishing aluminum.

I've been working on an 83 GSx400 engine that was completely oxidized. I always end up with grey wrinkly fingers. Polishing the parts that were painted was much easier to do. Wet sanding FTW!

What are you using? I use 400, 800, 1000, 2000 wet sand paper then I use Mothers Mag/Aluminum polish to finish off the polish. .
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 07-12-2013, 07:11 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Looks awesome! Now you need an A6 manifold and an H23 plenum and polish those too.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        Nice work! Takes a lot of work and patience to get them looking like that..... it can be a real PITA polishing aluminum.

I've been working on an 83 GSx400 engine that was completely oxidized. I always end up with grey wrinkly fingers. Polishing the parts that were painted was much easier to do. Wet sanding FTW!

What are you using? I use 400, 800, 1000, 2000 wet sand paper then I use Mothers Mag/Aluminum polish to finish off the polish. .
        Yeah it is a painstaking process. I went 220, 400, 600, 800, 1500, 2000 and then I have a cotton buffing wheel with a brown polishing compound i got a harbor freight ( which I thought was going to be some cheap crap) but it actually works quite well.
        I could have gone longer on the buffing process to make an extreme mirror finish but I was content with how it looked there so i just stopped.
        <-- MRT

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Looks awesome! Now you need an A6 manifold and an H23 plenum and polish those too.
          Thanks man!That would definitely be nice to have! But I'm running a p12 ecu. So it wouldn't open the Iab's. rendering it useless.

I kind of wanted to mock up a way to have the Iab's triggered at a certin rpm. That way I could run the p12 and the plenum/runners.
          <-- MRT

Comment

Buy a P13 and polish it to match the new H23 plenum and A6 runners. J/K, but a P13 is fairly cheap and you only need to run 1 wire for the IABs. If you ever go that route I would like to eat off your polished motor.

P13s in the JY here are a dime a dozen if you ever want me to snag one for you.

Comment

I got a valve cover under my bed ive been wanting to paint or somehow be gold/copper. you sir have motivated me to start sanding it

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Buy a P13 and polish it to match the new H23 plenum and A6 runners. J/K, but a P13 is fairly cheap and you only need to run 1 wire for the IABs. If you ever go that route I would like to eat off your polished motor.

P13s in the JY here are a dime a dozen if you ever want me to snag one for you.
                I would. But how would I be using the p13 to run my f22? I thought the p13 was for an h22

Edit: unless you implied chipping it.
                <-- MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                  I got a valve cover under my bed ive been wanting to paint or somehow be gold/copper. you sir have motivated me to start sanding it
                  Cool bro! make sure you post pics when you're done!!
                  <-- MRT

Comment

Originally posted by accord4me View Post
                    I would. But how would I be using the p13 to run my f22? I thought the p13 was for an h22

Edit: unless you implied chipping it.
                    I meant PT6, my bad! I wish P13s were a dime a dozen...

Comment

I meant PT6, my bad! I wish P13s were a dime a dozen...
                      I thought thats what you meant. The only thing is the p12 is from a prelude and adds roughly 10hp so I don't know which would give more of a benefit the prelude ecu or or the plenum/runners with the pt6..

I want to mock up a system that uses the plenum/runners with the p12 ecu.
                      Last edited by accord4me; 07-12-2013, 09:05 PM.
                      <-- MRT

Comment

I would love a polished vc.
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Diggin the Valve Cover dude
                          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
                            Diggin the Valve Cover dude
                            Thanks man.
                            <-- MRT

Comment

Working...
                            X