Ultimate engine bay/wire tuck sneak peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
    heres my recent work... wrapping my IC pipes in carbon strand by strand. this pipe is not done and it allready has over 400 individual strands of carbon fiber on it.

holy too-much-time-on-your-hands batman!!!

lol no im kidding this thing is sick and effing sexy.... i love it bro congrats on being soo effing original.... hell if i had atleast an extra 10k i would hire you to do my bay when i get another cb......hell i wish i had 10k period.... or 1k.... hell even $1 for that matter...... i would like to thank george bush for this wonderful economic crisis.... please please no applause....lol
    DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

Whats with the carbon fiber infatuation?

Tons of hard work and time put into this car, but damn. You trying to win some shows or something?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        Whats with the carbon fiber infatuation?

Tons of hard work and time put into this car, but damn. You trying to win some shows or something?
        yea long term goals are to win shows, get in a magazine and run 10's.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

You're gonna have to gut the hell out of the car, you know that right?

Comment

Pipes are loookin sick!
            And Couldnt you run tens if you change the final drive for more acceleration?....

Comment

You're gonna have to gut the hell out of the car, you know that right?
              The car is allready completely gutted. Other than dash front door panels and seats there is nothing in the car. Will be adding roll cage soon too. Im going to be concentrating more on power to the ground with 24.5" slicks and proper suspension setup to get me into 10's

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
              Pipes are loookin sick!
              And Couldnt you run tens if you change the final drive for more acceleration?....
              Thats allready being done....OEM H22 final drive. Just until i get a real job and can afford a ppg dog-engagement gearset

member ride thread
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I think that if you're gonna do all the work of wrapping the pipes in carbon fiber, you should go all the way with the resin or whatever...I've never done carbon fiber, you're obviously good with it. I'd just hate to see it start fraying and getting all dirty. Lookin really good!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                  I think that if you're gonna do all the work of wrapping the pipes in carbon fiber, you should go all the way with the resin or whatever...I've never done carbon fiber, you're obviously good with it. I'd just hate to see it start fraying and getting all dirty. Lookin really good!
                  Yeah I was wondering if he was going to put any coating on the lines too like he did his engine bay. I know he's putting alot of work under his hood.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                    The car is allready completely gutted. Other than dash front door panels and seats there is nothing in the car. Will be adding roll cage soon too. Im going to be concentrating more on power to the ground with 24.5" slicks and proper suspension setup to get me into 10's

Thats allready being done....OEM H22 final drive. Just until i get a real job and can afford a ppg dog-engagement gearset
                    I'd go with 26" if you plan on running 10's. Traction is a must and I don't think 24's will give you enough considering the amount of torque you(will) have.

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                      Ill definatly be doing a coat of epoxy to seal the deal and make it shine. It wouldnt last long if i didnt apply epoxy to it.

I'd go with 26" if you plan on running 10's. Traction is a must and I don't think 24's will give you enough considering the amount of torque you(will) have.
                      With all the testing on super high HP preludes here in denver (5280ft elevation) We have found the best results for our track to be 24.5" slicks. any larger and driveline damage become a MAJOR factor. I want to loose traction a little bit and will take a bit of wheel spin over destroyed trannys any day!

member ride thread
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Very true. I forget your elevation and that different tracks have different effects on tire sizing.

Either way, good luck. When's the next time this is going down to the track?

Comment

can you buy the CF strands like that or are you plucking then out one at a time from CF sheets? later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

why don't you go to a track closer to sea level. Retune it and you'll probably run 10's lol. 5000+ feet?
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Because all of Colorado is a fucking mountain.

Comment

Very true. I forget your elevation and that different tracks have different effects on tire sizing.

Either way, good luck. When's the next time this is going down to the track?
                                Once i get my bisi/portflow head installed with the new cam, retuned for MUCH more boost if its even needed with the new head/cam combo and get my cage in. Ill have to get my cage in quick cause im allready running 120mph and 10 mph will not be that hard to pick up at this point.

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                                can you buy the CF strands like that or are you plucking then out one at a time from CF sheets? later.
                                Yes thats what i am using. Its a single strand spool of carbon fiber that is 18,000 feet long.

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                                why don't you go to a track closer to sea level. Retune it and you'll probably run 10's lol. 5000+ feet?
                                That would require me to buy a truck, trailor, and find time to drive that far just to make a pass that i can compensate for with 1-2 pounds of boost. Ill pass on that! I love my engine breathing clean mountain air!

member ride thread
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                                X