WARNING! G-Square Bootlegs..... 56kers go make some popcorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING! G-Square Bootlegs..... 56kers go make some popcorn

Apparently G-square bootlegs do exist! And they are really crappy poor quality replicas too.

A seller on e-bay all of a sudden had access to so many G-square grilles in prestine condition recently....and one of them caught the attention of a few cb7tuners. The one that looked really fishy was a G-square grill on e-bay with a glued on mesh. A story that can work with this is that the original owner broke the alluminum fins on the back so glue would be an option for keeping the mesh in place right? But then there is the middle mounting tab thats in a higher location than oem...

After this one was sold, few weeks later the seller keeps coming up with more G-squares that are in very excellent condition....
    I was browsing e-bay and saw a price of $145+45 shipping and told a friend to hop on it after looking at the pictures. This one really looked legit but the one thing I overlooked was the re-located middle mounting tab! This was exactly like the other grille that was sold however... this time the seller or creator spray painted black and masked the white glue that held the mesh in place.

The "G-Square" logo was also more professionally done but this time it was done in a stained glass like look to resemble the oem G-square sticker that may have peeled off on a real aged authentic grille.

I went to my friends house and compared the two grilles and I must say from the front it looks legit... but the measurements on the sides where it meets the headlamps are a few 1-2mm. off and the mesh was obviously different (looks like gutter guard from home depot) Also the middle mounting tab is in the most stupidist location! It hits the hood latch and makes the grill stick out a little more than it should.

In conclusion.... Simply don't buy it! It's a REALLY poor constructed copy and needs all sorts of bugs worked out to get it to almost "g-square" specs.
    Whomever made the mold must have been drunk when they fabbed the middle mount on top because it really throws off the fitment. The tacky glue or whatever that was used to hold the mesh was a crap job as well.

I highly recommend a 92-93 or 90-91 G-square DIY than buy this. My friend is in the process of trying to return it to the seller but the seller is claiming he didn't know it was bootleg and it did in fact come off a CB3 accord (which is BS) It came in new condition and why is he selling so many of them recently?

Those of u who bought it, if u wanna modify it to get it fitting right more power 2u, but just look at these pictures and lemme know if it's even worth it? This is truly a FDM (fake domestic market) grill that doesn't live up to be a true replica.

Side by side.... Can you guess which one is FDM?

Can't really be seen here...but it's a few mm off.

Mesh is home-depot stuff

Real sticker that aged and left G-square residue

Stained glass effect but the creator couldn't get it just right...

Backside.....

WTF was the fabber smokin?

Authentic, see the alluminum mounting fins?

Mesh is holding on for dear life! Really crappy job
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Dang. I knew it was only time until that happened.

Comment

i hate people that sell fake shit on ebay. that aint right
      10th anniversary crew #1

Comment

i just wasted my money on that :O lol j/k thats stupid man he should just think of a better idea lol

Comment

I guess if its too good to be true... then it's fake.

hold on to your butts

Comment

yea i saw that too... i was bout to jump on that till i noticed it was fake as well. good catch and thanks for the heads up!
            Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

gj kurobei i guess u decided to make the warning tread . should we post who the seller is?

Comment

I just got off the phone with my friend and he had an idea about contesting the false grill all together against the seller if you aren't happy about it as well. I think about 4-people on this board own this grill now....maybe some are un-aware that it's fake yet.

My friend is going to post his thoughts later about it.
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by ap716
                  gj kurobei i guess u decided to make the warning tread . should we post who the seller is?
                  I think a few people found the seller or can identify him already.... just look for the only g-square on e-bay and ur sure to find him sellin one =)
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

damn...

I just got a gsquare grill but I didn't get it on ebay. I bought it from a local forum! Supposedly, the center mounting tab on my grill fits fine but the mesh is hot glued on there! I just fixed it with some double stick tape..

Comment

Thanks tommy.... yea its me alright i got the shady stuff. Weak punk@ss motha F'er. We will see what happens with my dispute. He wants to refund my money but not the shipping cost of 45. Then he wants me to send it back with my own money. F that! Ill see what happens. Kurob and I made the letter as good as possible to fight this scammer. Hope i get a refund. Me and Kurob will keep you guys posted. Learn from this and think twice about buying things on ebay. Make sure you ask for authenticity.... especially JDM parts. As for the seller name... its up to the moderators to allow it or not.

You guys are family to me... the seller isnt. If it takes puttin him on the spotlight so ppl wont get screwed over like me ill do it.

My FAMS..... lemme know wassup!

I am no longer using this forum name.
                      You can find me as
                      jdm_inspired...
                      I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

I was going to buy that grill too! good work man! I bought a pair of fogs of ebay for the cb it had pics and all! But when i got it it was jdm yellow fogs for a crx(brand new in honda box)but i wrote to paypal and because the seller was not get back to us about the mix up paypal had refund me all my money back and i got to keep the fogs.I had put the fogs back on ebay to sell them and i got double what i payed for the fogs!

My whips!
                        97 eliteS 50cc sold
                        90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                        93 CB 4dr ex/se
                        85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                        80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                        73 Opel GT garage queen
                        92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                        93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                        92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                        09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                        93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

That's really lame

You know though, if they were cheap enough, and the fittiment wasn't terrible, I'd probably get one.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            That's really lame

You know though, if they were cheap enough, and the fittiment wasn't terrible, I'd probably get one.
                            yeah i know... its the price tag. If i get all my money back and get to keep it... you best believe im still rockin it haha

I am no longer using this forum name.
                            You can find me as
                            jdm_inspired...
                            I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

damn..... i can tell you me, cpmike, coco, and illmenace have seen the a real one!

Comment

Working...
                              X