Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

running 93 octane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running 93 octane

Would I need to run 93 octane and higher if I were to N/A my F22A1 with higher compression pistons, rings, injectors, or could I use regular 87 octane with F22A6/H23A1 Honda Motor Co. parts and ECU? This is a issue with me because I want to modify, but since 93 octane is up to $3.50 and up, I'd rather add rims and a bumpin' stereo and leave the engine modifications alone. What do you guys think? Have you had issues with 93 octane with modified F22 engines or is this more of an issue with H22's?

~DirtySouthHonda

stick with the rims.
    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
      stick with the rims.
      lol
      Originally posted by Makaveli2k
      Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

Ok..... Anybody else?

Comment

Run small amounts of 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane. If you hear it ping on any of those fuels, move up to the next octane until it stops pinging.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Run small amounts of 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane. If you hear it ping on any of those fuels, move up to the next octane until it stops pinging.
            Ok...... Anybody with a F22A1 w/ mods, comment on this octane issue please.

~DirtySouthHonda

Comment

What CR are we talking about here? Which H23 parts will you be using b/c H23 pistons won't work in a stock F22 block and it wouldn't be safe anyways. Ignition timing plays a role in this too. What mods do you have planned?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                What CR are we talking about here? Which H23 parts will you be using b/c H23 pistons won't work in a stock F22 block and it wouldn't be safe anyways. Ignition timing plays a role in this too. What mods do you have planned?
                Plans for now:
                Exhaust w/ Stock (F22A1) Exhaust Manifold (can't afford headers now)

Plans for later:
                H23A1 Intake Manifold
                F22A6 Camshaft & Gear
                PT6 Electronic Control Unit

Comment

Haven't you been here 4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by head4life
                    Haven't you been here 4 years?
                    Yeah, at least 4 1/2 years, but there are some issues with my car that I haven't dealt with yet. That's one of the reasons why I joined in the first place. And to meet some extrordinary people and their CB7s since I've owned 2 of them.

~DirtySouthHonda

Comment

Depends on what your compression will be, yes you will need a higher octane.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

if u are just running those mods u would be fine with 87 you are basicly making ur a1 into a a6 the f22 is ok on 87 thats what it was meant for thats why the cr is so low so u wouldnt have to run high octane remember our cars were originally intended for ECONOMY...now if u start put higher comp pistons in then u will have to start running higher octane depending how high you go and how good u tune it

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
                          if u are just running those mods u would be fine with 87 you are basicly making ur a1 into a a6 the f22 is ok on 87 thats what it was meant for thats why the cr is so low so u wouldnt have to run high octane remember our cars were originally intended for ECONOMY...now if u start put higher comp pistons in then u will have to start running higher octane depending how high you go and how good u tune it
                          You and Granite CB7 gave me the best answers I was looking for. Thanks.

~DirtySouthHonda

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySouthHonda
                            Ok...... Anybody with a F22A1 w/ mods, comment on this octane issue please.

~DirtySouthHonda
                            I have a f22a1 with just header, CAI and cat-back but i used to run 93 in it all the time but since gas went up i run 87 and it runs like shit now, so im gunna go back to runnin 93
                            My cb7

h22a
                            5-spd lsd
                            Lord, grant me the serenity
                            to accept the things I cannot change,
                            the courage to change the things I can,
                            and the wisdom to hide the bodies
                            of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

As long as you do not mess with compression 87 is fine.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X