Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DrummerSteve7 : H23 Boost Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hows it going steve? how your project going? get it tuned yet? Well i now just might be boosted soon if i can piece a nice set up together. got anything left from your boosted f22? Its either boost or the h22 i found for a 1000.

My New Ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21 View Post
      hows it going steve? how your project going? get it tuned yet? Well i now just might be boosted soon if i can piece a nice set up together. got anything left from your boosted f22? Its either boost or the h22 i found for a 1000.

well havin trouble gettin this thing to start up. not sure why.
      I don't like the fact its a frank cause its got some minor leaks. so I am gunna get a h23 and slap the turbo on that engine. Its from a buddy so I know it runs...so hopefully soon. and I will rebuild the engine I got from tigersjap.

so should be going by next weekend. and then time to start building the h23 for complete build!
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
        I am gunna get a h23 and slap the turbo on that engine. Its from a buddy so I know it runs...so hopefully soon. and I will rebuild the engine I got from tigersjap.
        Damn Steve you have like what 4-5 engines now?

Sorry to hear she isn't wanting to start for you. You are a patient man though, so it will come and when it does happiness will be yours.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
          Damn Steve you have like what 4-5 engines now?

Sorry to hear she isn't wanting to start for you. You are a patient man though, so it will come and when it does happiness will be yours.
          yah only patient cause I know the potential of the boosted cb7.
          so its all good plus I got a h22 i drive DD.

life could be worse! but not right now.
          got my fav cars, my fav girl. and everything is just swell right now. hehe!

my goal (eventually, going with a 2012 timeline):
          Black Sedan = H23 Fully Built for Boost
          Red Coupe = H22 Fully Built for Boost
          Rosewood Wagon (Still to purchase) = F22 Fully Built for Boost
          Rosewood Sedan (currently being worked on) haha details later!
          Last edited by drummersteve7; 05-28-2009, 05:34 PM.
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

Nice to see your projects coming together man
            Originally posted by nine_deuce
            What I'd do is this: spray brake fluid in her eyes, shoot her with a nail gun, while she's down, give her a "chili dog" or a "strawberry shortcake" a "rusty fish hook is always fun"
            91 ex auto-sold!
            92 lx wagon-sold!
            92 ex parts car-sold!

I NEED ANOTHER CB PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE LOCAL!!!!!!!!

Comment

haha i like all your future plans by 2012. i noticed boost was part of each on of them. definently addicted.

My New Ride
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post

updated engine pics: got rid of my air filter and ran piping to the fender

Hey,
                Everything i have learned and really focused on tells me that this setup isn't going to perform up to it's potential.

I am speaking of the bottle neck you strapped around the turbo inlet. I know you have an intercooler, so their is really no reason to try and get fresh air, when it's going to cut way back on your intake velocity..
                what you have done in a way is actually create a boost controller by restricting the intake flow.. somewhat like having to small of exhaust,, as it would keep boost from going past a certian point... these are things that oem factories do,, not balls to the walls tuners.

sorry to here that this frank motor isn't really being dependable.

i still say do your build
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

He's used this exact setup before without issues. Plus, I wouldn't push this thing much past 14lbs anyways.

The intake pipe was used more for catch can ventilation purposes.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yup...should be good to go....

anyways...keele got a h23 valve cover for ya....

and here is the list of shit I picked up!
                    all for $200 bucks, my buddy just needed it removed from his
                    parents garage!

1. H23 engine with 75k on it. recently swapped to h22.
                    2. Open differntial for H22 (thought it was LSD, damn)
                    3. Prelude calipers
                    4. Camber Kit
                    5. BB6 Cluster
                    6. Some prelude lights
                    7. Prelude axles
                    8. H22 Dizzy
                    9. H23 head
                    10. Tranny, i think from acura...but its good, says J8F P20 (D series civic I think)
                    11. Brand new H23 oil pan.
                    and a bunch of little brackets and stuff.

so the engine goes in on sunday! and woohoo!
                    most prelude parts will be sold!

then I can work on my side skirts and rear lip!
                    Last edited by drummersteve7; 05-30-2009, 02:23 AM.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

Thats whats up man, you came up on alotta stuff for the low-low. Big ups for the come up. Now how much you wonna let that H23 head go for?
                      cb007
                      first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

the spare h23 head needs work...it is complete but he says it needs valve work.

so here is my question to you.... do you want
                        all h23 heads:
                        a. a good head
                        b. head that has valve issues or
                        c. a stripped head
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

and pics of the good stuff:

hopefully the LSD is good. looks good but need to have it checked.
                          need to do some research on LSD. dont kow much about it.
                          NOT LSD this is an open differential

and the bb6 cluster pics didnt turn out and Im beat so later!
                          Last edited by drummersteve7; 05-30-2009, 02:24 AM.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

steve you always finding some new shit......good find by the way

Comment

yah...very determined to get this beast on the road...

kind of contemplating leaving the red car h22 n/a...just with a build!
                              that will be discussed after I have a completely built h23 tho.
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

you forever swapping motors man. no wonder your so good at it. lol. be sure to come down on the 12th so we can swap in that a6

Comment

Working...
                                X