Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DrummerSteve7 : H23 Boost Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im having 2nd thoughts man. thinkin bout boosting this car......

we'll see tho. im thinking of getting a '90 Jetta in a couple of months if i cant find a good cb for like $300.

Comment

Steve! Your the man. Gotta give it to you. But damn, everytime I come on this thread, it makes me want boost all day and the rest of my life. I have no idea what to do anymore man. A clutch would set me back from being boosted for the longest time. But at the same time I can just about get everything I want for boost. But then won't be able to get her tuned or get a new clutch. And right now I couldn't do without my cb7. Lol.

My New Ride
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21 View Post
        Steve! Your the man. Gotta give it to you. But damn, everytime I come on this thread, it makes me want boost all day and the rest of my life. I have no idea what to do anymore man. A clutch would set me back from being boosted for the longest time. But at the same time I can just about get everything I want for boost. But then won't be able to get her tuned or get a new clutch. And right now I couldn't do without my cb7. Lol.
        well once you boost my friend it is addicting I must say.
        so make up your mind.
        as far as a clutch you can get a descent one $300.
        but having a kid and all I hear ya.

regardless man do what makes you happy.
        as long as I am in a CB I am happy.
        Until I hear a BOV. then I want boost badly.
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

whats up man hope u get yr bov thing fixed ... it has been a long time glad to see it is where it is last time i looked at the build it wasnt running yet.

o ya finally done with basic yay! now off to ait sunday....

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
          96 lexus sc300 DD
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

well drove it to work today...
            no bogging, no nothing. runs like a champ.

had overheating issue. resolved...added radiator fluid.
            then had small squeak on right side, turned out to be metal guard around rotor. pushed it away and all good now.

so its running, with no issues.
            need to break clutch in, and get the car settled for suspension.
            adjust valves. but not too major right now.
            and that noise after bov sounds must have been timing, cause its gone!!!
            LAST THING LEFT IS A TUNE!!!

and of course some other small details.
            Last edited by drummersteve7; 06-08-2009, 08:26 AM.
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

funny how much longer things wind up taking than you think they are going to at first.
              spin city

Comment

naw man, I wanted to be done by summer time..

and I am, so woohoo!
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

That's awesome man. I remember when you first started this out. Its awesome to get stuff done on time when you plan it to be done. I will be boosted after I'm settled in the air force. The fiance ended up borrowing some money to get some bills cleared and her essentials taken care of before the wedding.. make a trip up here steve and you can go to the wedding lol. My dads getting a keg for it too.

My New Ride

Comment

h23 tranny was acting up. thought it was a messed tranny turns out the drain plug was not tight apparently....
                    sheesh just goes to show...

all fixed...

I do idle fine, but after I am on the throttle it drops down to like 200rpms
                    thinkin I need to focus on the wiring now. Probably a power problem.

I just thought of it, since the battery isnt even fully connected. That will be tomorrows funnness!!

thanks for the support everyone. cant wait to be D-Tuned and rocking.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

Way to stay focused! your dedicated. Where did you get that triple pillar? im in need of one

Comment

ebay 130 with gauges its off a 92-95 civic...

just have to do a little bending.
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

dude sall your vid on the tube id that a coolant leak on the upper radiator hose area? figure i let you know. hope your going to make more vids. later

Comment

MORE VIDEOS STEVE!!! Just that one hearing the BOV sounds so nice

My New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by keoni96826 View Post
                              dude sall your vid on the tube id that a coolant leak on the upper radiator hose area? figure i let you know. hope your going to make more vids. later
                              yah man thanx if you read, yes i saw it and took care of it. thanx anyways..

all is welll, more videos sooon!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

issue:

so whenever i let off the gas the car doesn't idle, sometimes.
                                only from WOT, but if I gradually decrease it does fine.

also when I put it in gear the car dies, I think the tranny might have an issue.
                                So I am gunna swap another tranny in just to verify!

ohh the problems with a project car.
                                MadLab Racing
                                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X