Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Project Acclipse underway!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did you use to drill the manifold?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

what size diameter is that pipe? also, is that the only pic of te manifold u have? I need to see how you drilled it so I can ensure that my turbo is AC compatable. thanks

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

My friend at DSI motorsports just did it for me with an air grinder. i think he probably used a long thin cutting bit but ill ask him to be sure. I did have to widen a few of the holes with my rotary tool.
        The pipes are 2.5 inch aluminum and the section coming up to the intake manifold is 3 inch. might be some lag issues but i used what i had.
        The only thing i think that would make your manifold interfere with the A/C is the o2 sensor housing, mine wouldnt fit so i "presuaded" the A/C line to give up some space with a hammer. After a little grinding on the o2 housing i managed to squeeze it in there.

Comment

heres the oil pan. good ol JB Weld doing its job!!!

Comment

so does anyone know off hand what the oil inlet thread pitch on the 14b is? also the size of the fitting??? my stealthmode kit provided a fitting but im not sure its the right one or else my turbo is just messed. just turns round and round in the hole. and yes its in the right way.

Comment

was it a good idea to Jb weld it on the inside? wont th oil eventually make it wear and then prolly mix in wiht your oil? off topic, but just what a i have heard from severle turbo guys so be carefully......

Comment

Originally posted by ringmaster
                so does anyone know off hand what the oil inlet thread pitch on the 14b is? also the size of the fitting??? my stealthmode kit provided a fitting but im not sure its the right one or else my turbo is just messed. just turns round and round in the hole. and yes its in the right way.
                its a 1/4" npt thread. your turbo might be stripped unfortunatly. happens more often than you would think. i ended up having to get teh stock DSM oil feed line to get mine to stop leaking.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

wow, keep up the great work!!!

looks like ur doing the job right!

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

has anyone else heard anything about this oil thing??? disolving the JB weld??
                    this is bothering me

Comment

ya know...for asking me all sorts of crazy questions u sure did come up with a great way to mount the IC lol. The chip is on its way.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yes yes indeed... well i DO value all your advice Midnight and thanks for putting up with me always PMing you!! actually id like to thank R33 and everyone on here that has contributed somthing to my project or offered some advice. Without you guys it wouldnt be happening.

I plan to finish the IC pipes tonight and possibly put in the injectors so ill post some pics when i get a chance.

Comment

Here is the JB weld info right from the site:

Q: How much heat can J-B Weld withstand?
                          A: J-B Weld (Part # 8265-S, 8265, and 8280) can withstand a constant temperature of 500 degrees F. The maximum temperature threshold is approximately 600 degrees F for a short term (10 minutes).

Q: Is J-B Weld resistant to water and/or gasoline?
                          A: When fully cured, J-B Weld is completely resistant to water, gasoline, and about every other petroleum product or automotive chemical. For wet-surface or submerged water or gasoline repairs, see our J-B Stik or Waterweld product information.

So just to be sure I could use it in the oil pan I e mailed the company to see if it would be effected by the oil and they wrote back: "No, once cured the weld will not be affected by the oil."

so im going to try it.

Comment

plenty of ppl have done it. PM me i made a small error and will be sending you another chip in addition to the one on its way
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

My progress for today includes:

putting in the injectors:
                              did anyone inhale that sick dust that came off the solid O - Ring when you hollow it out? damn its nasty and i couldnt stop coughing. I had to use the o rings off the accord injectors to get the 450s into the fuel rail. I found that those fat DSM ones were near impossible to get in.

finished the charge pipes:

and put my prototype hollow front bumper on no protection in case of a crash here

recieved this bit of engine BLING in the mail today
                              Last edited by ringmaster; 05-22-2005, 09:01 PM.

Comment

cool about the Jb weld dude...i just wanted to make sure because i was only going off of what i have heard, but great research on it and good luck finishing ur turbo.....

Comment

Working...
                                X