Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** POST YOUR EXHAUST SETUP **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6
    MaxSpeed exhaust (dont know the model)
    custom 2.5" mandrel bent tubing catback
    stock cat
    "Ebay special" tri-Y headers

I like the way my exhaust sounds *deep drone*. Kinda loud inside the car though especially after I installed the headers but I'm used to it already
    I wouldnt mind adding another resonator- so long as I dont lose any power, heheh. I usually rather listen to my exhaust than my stereo!
    Attached Files

Comment

h22a:

-2.5" kteller piping
      -2.5" carsound cat
      -2.5" magnaflow resonator
      -2.5"in/3"out obx twinloop muffler

Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 09-19-2005, 11:37 PM.

Comment

borla
        5'' tip
        $320
        very quiet
        only deep tones
        at any lexus dealer for cheaper. later.
        Last edited by TypeG; 10-06-2005, 10:35 AM.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

New Exhaust Setup:

- Apex'i Worldsport 2 Catback
          - DC Sports Ceramic Header
          - Generic Intake w/ K&N Filter

Sounds fucking mean, so much better then my old setup (tsudo catback, ractive heatshield intake)
          1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Cheap version of Greddy EVO!!

I have the following:
            1. OBX muffler (Greddy EVO style)

2. 2.5" aluminized mandrel bent piping (least amount of bends as possible)

3. 2 1/4" Megan Racing Hi-Flow cat.

4. OBX stainless steel header w/ 2 1/4" collector

Sounds just like the Greddy Evo., deep tone and nice roar at high RPM no ricer raspiness. Cost (muffler $58, header $130, CAT. $70, AEM intake $178 all of EBAY), piping and labor $68.97 for total of $506. Greddy EVO. cat-back only, $500+. Better deal if you ask me.

Comment

My Set-Up: DC Sports 4-2-1 Header/ gutted stock cat/ Greddy SP cat-back
              Exhaust...

Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

I have an old skool RS*R with a fully polished canister on it and the angle cut tip (same as the current EX-Mag).

Car setup:

F22A4 with A6 intake manifold and cam
                DC Sports Ceramic coated 4-2-1 header
                Carsound High flow cat
                Modified stock airbox
                Autotragic

It is very quiet. Under pretty much every circumstance other than full throttle, you can't hear it at all. You can hear it slightly on fairly hard acceleration, but only because of the stock airbox setup. With an intake on it (CAI or SR) I was never able to hear the exhaust at all.

It makes 0 noise during cruise at speeds up to 130MPH, and when it does make noise, it is very mellow and deep. I have received tons of compliments on how good it sounds, and once had someone pull me over to learn more about it.

Fit and finish was perfect and still is. It has almost 130,000 miles on it and it still shines like new. I have never scraped the canister on anything, although I do occasionally catch the very edge of the tip on some of the 6+" parking lot entrances we have around here. In a normal city, rubbing would not be a problem unless the car is really dropped.

I used to have some sound clips on here somewhere, but couldn't find them last night, so I will get some on here as well as a couple of pics of the exhaust on the car.

Here is a link to some pics of it. They are pretty close up, and aren't very detailed, but they will work until I can get some other media up.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/731832
                Last edited by owequitit; 10-19-2005, 02:25 PM.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordSe91
                  how is the sound?
                  sounds great imo.

here are a couple links. when these videos were taken, i was running a testpipe, so that will account for any raspiness you hear. when i run with the carsound cat, the overall exhaust tone gets a little deeper and quieter, and loses all raspiness.

http://www.strodda.com/carvids/obxmufflerrev.avi

http://www.strodda.com/carvids/obxmufflerrun.avi

Comment

I have a generic intake, ebay header with stock cat and 2.25" magnaflow cat-back. The sound of the exhaust is AWESOME, a little raspy until the car is fully warmed up, but after that, none at all. Perfect drone at highway speeds, never too loud (in my opinion). Only problem I had is that the system must have been fabbed for an lx or dx because it didnt clear my rear sway bar on my ex, but it was nothing a few zip ties couldnt fix .

Comment

Nothing to fancy just an n1 muffler welded on to stock piping, But sitting side ways, thanks to the muffler shop in Orange county,

hear's a sound clip of it, excuse the smoke I was burning oil at that time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrflYrsNtI
                      Last edited by mr_adrenalin714; 04-21-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

-OBX header and down pipe. (2.25" pipe)
                        -Yonaka Stailess catback exhaust (2.25" pipe, w/N1 Style muffler)
                        Its got a really nice deap sound! i love it

Ok so ive gone through a bunch of dif setups. When i first started on my car i had this crappy used muffler i got for 40 bucks. The later on after more work on my car, i upgraded everything to whats listed above (great deal on ebay). but i also had a high flow cat a long with it. Then, after a while (because i kept gettin pulled so much) i thought id try to quiet the car down a lil by gettin an Apex'i WS universal muffler. (spent over 300 on that and piping to make it an axle-back bolt up) And it turned out to being the loudest, most annoying sounding muffler ever. i was imbarrassed to drive home. i even tryed putting a stock cat back on and it was still loud and annoying! so i threw Yonaka catback back on (w/the stock cat), and it sounded great. i dont know what was up with that "quiet" Apex'i Muffler. But i wouldnt suggest getting it for anyone.

Pic of the stupid apex'i
                        Last edited by DJ Hizzle; 11-07-2005, 04:01 AM.

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

1992 Honda Accord EX = f22a6

Generic Stainless Header
                          Hi-Flow Cat (test pipe)
                          Greddy SP2 <-Has a slight rasp due to the "high-flow cat"

Magnaflow/Carsound cat ordered (hopefully this will take care of the rasp)

Eventually I'll get a DC Ceramic header or Swap in the H22 and go from there.
                          Last edited by GunRunner; 07-13-2006, 11:52 PM.
                          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

ebay header $115 down pipe is fucked up from boucey ness of front suspension
                            high flo cat ebay $30
                            2.5 pipe wit resonator $140
                            fireball carbon fiber layover 4" tip ebay $60

at first it was really loud i mean loud complaints from everybody, pullled ova about 4 times.

since resonator i love it quiet on criuse, deep on throttle

bout to buy a megan carbon fiber tip $105 looks nice anyone got one, im goin to have it set up like the Evo or WRX way tilted and up

Comment

Now once again I don't have a CB7 but I'm going to post up my setup anyway.

I have a 96 Accord EX stock header and cat. Invidia Cat-back muffler which is supposed to be the same as the Skunk 2 Mega Power.
                              Without Silencer

With Silencer

Sound clip is here but after you download it you will have to add .wmv to it for some reason it doesn't have the extension on it when you download it.
                              http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

It's pretty fawkin loud. It kinda hurts your ears without the silencer if you have the rear windows down. It is bearable though. No louder than others similar to this style and not as loud as some I have heard. With the silencer it still is fairly loud but it doesn't at all make your ears feel weird like it can without it. It does sound a slight bit like an air leak with the silencer in though.

I run it without it most of the time. Its loud around 3k rpm after that when VTEC kicks in the tone changes but it actually doesn't seem as loud but also not as deep. Cruising around it's fairly loud. It sounds really deep and nice inside the car and outside the car with somone else driving it it sounds pretty good although might have a slight rasp to it but not too bad. I think it sounds really good.

When VTEC kicks in you can't really even hear it over the CAI but I remember before I had done other mods to the car it seemed quieter than at lower RPMs. In that video the exhaust is the only mod.

The other big plus is the whole system is stainless steel Overall if you don't mind loud I would highly reccomend it.

I kind of wish I had gone with a DTM muffler as I have heard them called on custom piping though as I have heard some on 4cyls that sound similar to V8's not as loud as my Invidia but really deep rumble to them and I like that a lot.

I like my Invidia but I much prefer how my Flowmaster on my truck sounds as I like the rumble sound much better.

Comment

I wanted to know what would I have to do to post a sound clip of my exhaust? I have posted the setup on here, but I didn't make a sound clip for it. I have the following:
                                1. OBX (Greddy EVO style muffler)
                                2. OBX 4-2-1 two piece headers
                                3. Megan Racing RACE cat.
                                4. 2 1/2 in. custom piping
                                5. AEM Cold Air Intake*(not installed yet)
                                I think the RACE cat. is causing the system to sound a little RASSPY! Would you all agree with that?
                                Last edited by Dionysis24BXT; 01-13-2006, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X