Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** POST YOUR EXHAUST SETUP **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 LX coupe
    f22a1 w/ p12
    Weapon-R Hyper SRI w/ Tsudo Vortex filter
    Spyder Automotive 421, hi flow, 60mm catback, 4.5" tip, no silencer

still pics

moving pics

I'm very happy with this set-up. I got the header for free off CL because the guy couldn't find the dp flange bolts. I traded my entire OEM exhaust for the hi flow and catback to a guy that bought a sedan and didn't like it. It's got a real sexy low tone to it, but it has just a little blat to it between 2500 and 3000 sometimes under low to mid throttle driving, like 500 rpms of Pacesetter if you know what they sound like. WOT? She's pure orgasm to my ears. Even if I had spent the money for this system, I'd be happy with it. I think retail price on the whole thing comes out to around $350. Low dollar, but the quality is nice, the flanges are thick and well welded (and I grew up with a welder for a father, so I know a good weld.).

The downs:
    It does drone a little at speed on the freeway, especially with the windows all the way up. The can is HUGE. I never really wanted a HUGE tip, but it's grown on me. Everyone sees it for the first time and says "OH SHIT" but they all say it sounds nice and sexy. I even had a Mustang guy tell me he liked the way it sounded. I need to drop the catback and adjust the hangers on the can, it can still come to the passenger side and a little higher for aesthetics.

Comment

heres my set up... f22a4, delta 272, tenzo cai, megan header, stock cat, stock piping with an APC muffler 4'' tip. im getting kinda tired of how loud it is, im saving for an apex-i WS2

and video, driving.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

Megan header
        no cat
        no resonators
        2.5" stainless pipe all the way back
        flat black vibrant streetpower muffler

loud as fuck, raspy as shit, flows well though.

OHIO CB7'S #11
        SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

H22A1
          RS*R
          DC Header 2" collector
          Magnaflow cat
          Modified stock intake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2QlZY6CPUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9dDn...eature=related
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

H23 TURBO
            3in downpipe
            CAT DELETE 3in to 2.5in.
            EBAY SPECIAL CAT BACK to GREDDY EVO MUFFLER (REAL DEAL)

not going to using that muffler that came with the kit. i will be replacing it with a this:

Comment

Apexi WS2 cat, magna flow high flow exhaust, megan racing 4-2-1 headers, megan racing downpipe sounded really quiet at idle, but when higher RPM's you can feel the power and definitly heard the nice lil rumble.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
              out of the game for now but looking

Comment

OBX Forza SP2 style muffler, 2.5" piping from the header back, 2.5" cat & resonator all custom welded up. A little louder than my old setup (no cat, stockish 2.5" baffled muffler), but nice. Couldn't really tell what the performance was as my motor died the day I got the exhaust.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Greddy Evo2, loud at WOT, quiet while cruising

Originally posted by zack_odom
                  Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Engine Setup - Red Accord Project:
                    - Stock F22ax block
                    - Ported F22ax head
                    - 3" intake system
                    - 67-64mm H23 TB, ported H23 IM
                    - Delta 272 F22ax camshaft
                    - DX 5spd tranny

Exhaust Setup:
                    - Kamikaze header
                    - High flow Catco cat. converter (2.5" in/out)
                    - 18" Magnaflow resonator (2.5" in/out)
                    - OBX 3" dual-tip straight-thru muffler (2.5" in)
                    - 2.5" smooth crush-bend piping

Comments:
                    No raspiness. Deep, aggressive tone throughout, does not sound ricey/raspy like most Hondas with exhaust systems. It does have a deep drone sound while HWY cruising at 3200 RPMs/5th gear/80mph. Overall, the sound is at my limit for loudness, while still being able to have conversation inside the car. Any louder and it would be annoying. I would even say that putting an actual offset (not straight-thru) muffler would be even better for a DD.

Previous to the setup described above, I had no high flow Catco cat. converter and the exhaust would smell like gas at idle/stopped and it would have a raspiness around 2500 RPMs.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-29-2009, 01:12 PM.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Engine Setup - White Accord Project:
                      - F22ax block 12.1 static compression
                      - Ported F22ax head
                      - 3" intake system
                      - 74-69 mm H23 TB, modified H23 IM
                      - Bisimoto level 3 F22ax camshaft
                      - JDM H22 LSD 5spd tranny

Exhaust Setup:
                      - Bisimoto F22ax street header
                      - High flow seamless cat. converter (3" in/out)
                      - 22" seamless custom resonator (3" in/out)
                      - 15" seamless custom resonator (3" in/out)
                      - Magnaflow 3" dual-tip straight-thru muffler (3" in)
                      - 3" mandrel piping

Comments:
                      No raspiness. Deep, VERY aggressive tone throughout, does not sound ricey/raspy like most Hondas with exhaust systems. At idle with this camshaft, it sounds like a lopey muscle car V8 and the unibody shakes. I have ESP poly motor mounts as well. It is louder than what I would like at HWY cruising at 3800 RPMs/5th gear/80mph. Overall, it is louder than what I would like for a DD, but this is my warm weather only project car. Also, when the camshaft kicks into its powerband, the exhaust changes tone (I believe due to the header) and it sounds more aggressive when pulling hard. In the future, I am considering an offset muffler to quiet it down, I'm thinking a Dynomax product. I want quiet, but to retain as much flow as possible.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

same cat back new muffler 2008 Civic Si
                        Freedom Is Not Free
                        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

I am running 2.5" piping, 2.5" catco catalytic converter and a 2.5" cherrybomb glasspack behind it. When I need it to be quiet, I just insert my DIY silencer in there. It took like 10min to make a silencer.
                          I am going to add a magnaflow resonator that i have laying around too.

I've been through so many different exhausts, it is crazy... Nothing was as quiet as a $20 Thrush chambered muffler with a DIY silencer - it wasn't much louder than stock.

It sucks that the quieter the exhaust - the more power you are sacrificing... however a quiet car always feels a little faster

Comment

I got:
                            Megan 4-2-1 Headers
                            CAI
                            2.25" straight pipe
                            24" 2.5" diameter Cherrybomb
                            No Cat
                            3" OBX Twin Loop Muffler

Its loud but unless i stomp on it you can have a perfectly normal conversation in the car, its got a deep note which is what im going for, it gets raspy at 1800 rpm when i downshift but that happens only when i want it to since the raspyness zone is like a 500 rpm area. next im going to go 2.5" after the cherrybomb so the note is deeper.
                            Last edited by J3wman; 01-04-2010, 12:33 AM.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

F22a4 header/exhaust manifold
                              Catco 2.5" cat
                              2.5" piping
                              2.5" OBX muffler

A nice low grumble at idle and low RPMs. Slightly louder, but not raspy, starting at 3K RPM +.

MUCH quieter at interstate speeds than my 2.25" exhaust with fart cannon (post #104).

Minus the piping hanging a little lower, I'm 100% happy with this setup.

Oh, and my old exhaust would alert my dog whenever I was home. Now she's still asleep when I walk in the front door.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Lol mine is a beast!!!
                                Stock headers
                                Straight pipe headers back
                                Then a 2.5 inch Flowmaster Super 44 Series

Lol I can make any Honda around where I live look like a baby!
                                Even most trucks sound quite to my CB7
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

Working...
                                X