Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

325whp 227wtq H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
    they are custom rods
    I figured that much. but I wanna know the rod length needed to not smash valves.
    90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
    91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

325 na is very impressive. Why are u un happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by frohawker View Post
        I figured that much. but I wanna know the rod length needed to not smash valves.
        depends on the height of the pistons, pin height, deck height, and how much the head has been surfaced among other things.

for instance, i am using a 95mm stroke, with h22 AL rods (slightly shorter than an actual h22 rod due to the nature of aluminum) and custom pistons along with PRO3 camshafts. A huge part of them not smacking is the use of cam degree fixtures and clay puddy on the pistons.
        www.850fab.com
        IG - @850Fab
        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by PORK View Post
          I don't really like you but DAMN! Hard to hate on that.
          That's kind of messed up man.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
            That's kind of messed up man.
            doesn't this make you mad because it's not in your car?

real talk man good build. what was your goal when you started the build?

about to get my hands dirty!

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
              depends on the height of the pistons, pin height, deck height, and how much the head has been surfaced among other things.

for instance, i am using a 95mm stroke, with h22 AL rods (slightly shorter than an actual h22 rod due to the nature of aluminum) and custom pistons along with PRO3 camshafts. A huge part of them not smacking is the use of cam degree fixtures and clay puddy on the pistons.
              That's all the stuff I was wondering about on his build. I mean, i doubt he wants to openly share all his build specs because it's his business and means of income.

What block and head are you using? Isn't a stock h22 stroke 95mm? IIRC it is and the f22 is 98mm. I understand the use of puddy and hand turning the motor to make sure there's no piston/valve contact before you fire it up.
              90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
              91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Originally posted by frohawker View Post
                That's all the stuff I was wondering about on his build. I mean, i doubt he wants to openly share all his build specs because it's his business and means of income.

What block and head are you using? Isn't a stock h22 stroke 95mm? IIRC it is and the f22 is 98mm. I understand the use of puddy and hand turning the motor to make sure there's no piston/valve contact before you fire it up.
                im using an h23 block and an h22 head. h23 and f22 cranks are 95mm. f23 is 97mm.

h22 stroke is 90.x
                www.850fab.com
                IG - @850Fab
                FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                X