Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my idle is at 1000!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my idle is at 1000!

My Idle wont go below 1000rpm. I tried adjusting the Idle, my idle screw is tightened all the way to the right. Since I had the CB7 the Idle was always at 1000-1200rpm. But what bothers me is, when I put in park the car surges to 1800-2000rpm, which is loud for a parked car. I already cleaned the EGR and the IACV. Does anyone know why the Idle is so high? From what I understand the Idle should be 700-800rpm when the car is parked.
    Last edited by D-rock615; 10-25-2012, 03:08 PM.

Originally posted by D-rock615 View Post
    My Idle wont go below 1000rpm. I tried adjusting the Idle, my idle screw is tightened all the way to the right. Since I had the CB7 the Idle was always at 1000-1200rpm. But what bothers me is, when I put in park the car surges to 1800-2000rpm, which is loud for a parked car. I already cleaned the EGR and the IACV. Does anyone know why the Idle is so high? From what I understand the Idle should be 700-800rpm when the car is parked.
    Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

What about the throttle cable?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I haven't messed with the throttle cable. i know it it a little tight. another thing when i was adjusting the idle, i unplugged the iacv, the rpm would bounce up and down is that normal?

Comment

I haven't messed with the throttle cable. i know it it a little tight. another thing when i was adjusting the idle, i unplugged the iacv, the rpm would bounce up and down is that normal?
          It shouldn't be tight.
          Yes its normal for the idle to bounce when you unplug the IACV.

Have you read the "Base idle reset" thread by Hondafan81?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

well the throttle is tight. how would I loosen without screwing up?

Comment

well the throttle is tight. how would I loosen without screwing up?
              Loosen the adjuster, and set it to about 8mm up/down freeplay.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                Loosen the adjuster, and set it to about 8mm up/down freeplay.
                i'm about to go out and try this right now. thanks!

Comment

i think that did work, but i'm not completly sure. After i loosened the throttle cable, which was too tight, it went down to 800rpm. so i went for a ride to test it out. it ran fine, but when i got home and put it in park, it stayed around 1500rpm.

Comment

Check your FITV. When the car has warmed up all the way use two flat head screwdrivers to tighten the plate inside the fitv.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                      What about the throttle cable?
                      This is always overlooked. It should have 10mm of play to it.
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        It shouldn't be tight.
                        Yes its normal for the idle to bounce when you unplug the IACV.

Have you read the "Base idle reset" thread by Hondafan81?
                        thats not normal, it's supposed to do the exact opposite because you are eliminating any needs for a higher idle aka power steering, a/c, cooling fan, electrical draws...
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Check for vacuum leaks. Use some kind of flammable spray, like carbourator cleaner, then spray a little around the vacuum lines and fittings. If it revs up after you spray you got a vacuum leak.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Working...
                          X