Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates?

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

cisco i hope you're putting those rocker arms to use buddy, lol.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

When will your project be done?

Comment

My goal is driveable by summer and to enjoy it before winter. Valvetrain, intake manifold and crankcase ventilation system tweaking, then dyno tuning is what is left. Been working on other people's cars lately, have to dedicate time to myself and this project.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

WOW. Read all 34 pages. Sounds to me you don't want to lose that fight. I wouldn't want to lose all that money either. I would rather enjoy it. Keep it up man. With all this technical knowlege your brain has consumed on this build. Have you considered tuning yourself? but, understandable you are always on a time crunch.

Stay focused on your mission.

Comment

I am focused on getting engine driveability consistent before this winter and accumulate some mileage on this vehicle. I'm trying to eliminate any tuning concerns this time around. I'll update as tasks are completed.

Comment

The fact that you are able to keep this going after getting recently married gives me hope

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Honestly, the only reason I'm near completion is because I was around 85% complete before I was married. I could have started this project afterwards, but it would have taken far longer.

I know the past 2 years the project has been dragged out, well that is basically due to being married and other priorities coming up. I have less time to dedicate to this project, but I'm not giving up and simply have to work that much harder. I have to push myself to work on it, even when I get home from work and have "home duties" to do. Just keep pushing with any break I have.

Lately, I've had a real itch to drive this car again. It handled so well and I really enjoyed daily driving it and flinging it around corners, on/off ramps. Comparing this car to newer sedans, I can appreciate that it is lighter, can handle well when modified properly and has decent power to weight ratio. Most newer sedans are now are 4,000+ lbs.
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                    Honestly, the only reason I'm near completion is because I was around 85% complete before I was married. I could have started this project afterwards, but it would have taken far longer.

I know the past 2 years the project has been dragged out, well that is basically due to being married and other priorities coming up. I have less time to dedicate to this project, but I'm not giving up and simply have to work that much harder. I have to push myself to work on it, even when I get home from work and have "home duties" to do. Just keep pushing with any break I have.

Lately, I've had a real itch to drive this car again. It handled so well and I really enjoyed daily driving it and flinging it around corners, on/off ramps. Comparing this car to newer sedans, I can appreciate that it is lighter, can handle well when modified properly and has decent power to weight ratio. Most newer sedans are now are 4,000+ lbs.
                    Hey man. Been meaning to call you back. I have been soo busy and everytime you have called, I have been at work, and then forget to ring back.

Hope to hear about this being on the road again soon.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Oh Cisco how you inspire me. I just read all 33 pages straight through and it is now almost five in the am and currently only three degrees outside. but it just makes me want to go out and mock up the exhaust and finish the rear disc swap on your old red coupe. I know like every one else that this is going to be a one of a kind build.

Ot. Honda tuning recently had a cb3 grace its pages and its absolute rubbish compared to your cb7.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                      91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                      funds for swap:$000.00
                      Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                      Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                        Oh Cisco how you inspire me. I just read all 33 pages straight through and it is now almost five in the am and currently only three degrees outside. but it just makes me want to go out and mock up the exhaust and finish the rear disc swap on your old red coupe. I know like every one else that this is going to be a one of a kind build.

Ot. Honda tuning recently had a cb3 grace its pages and its absolute rubbish compared to your cb7.
                        I know man I read every page on the white and the red project. He was a great member, the he got married. That usually ends every tuner except like 4% of tuners have women that support their money pit.

Comment

I disagree with that. It is not that tuners' significant others don't support their hobbies, but that they can no longer afford the investment, financially and in regards to time. When you now generally have a larger dwelling, extra upkeep bills, eventually more mouths to feed that's a lot more responsibility. Suddenly that extra couple hundred bucks and 10 or so hours a week gets eaten up pretty quickly.

There is a decent amount of members on this forum who do have families and are successful enough to that they can and do have multiple projects going on and the same time as well as families they tend to.
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                            I disagree with that. It is not that tuners' significant others don't support their hobbies, but that they can no longer afford the investment, financially and in regards to time. When you now generally have a larger dwelling, extra upkeep bills, eventually more mouths to feed that's a lot more responsibility. Suddenly that extra couple hundred bucks and 10 or so hours a week gets eaten up pretty quickly.

There is a decent amount of members on this forum who do have families and are successful enough to that they can and do have multiple projects going on and the same time as well as families they tend to.
                            your right i wasnt looking at the bigger picture

Comment

im a qc tech/ unlawful act shop co owner i have 2 kids a 4 bedroom house 2 bath 2 bay garage and build multiple projects i ride streetbike race car u can do it i know times are rough, but have faith anything is possible....................i never thought i could have kids then 1 day god gave me my beautiful daughter it changed my life than i had another changed my life some more but i never changed a diaper before 1st baby so i had alot on my plate but i learned with faith anything possible KEEP YA HEAD UP
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                              i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

It's more about having the time towards this project, than money. When I do have time, it usually involves working on our DD cars or a family member's car. Need to make time for myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X