Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I am out of line, then I will retract my words... other than my encouragement.

Comment

I don't think you're out of line. He needs a fire lit under his ass so he can get this thing done already!!! It's been so damn long since he started it!! I mean...it's only a mild street build!

But in all honestly...I'm starting to think the cam profile may be too big for the compression. We'll see though. Can't really say much until this thing is tuned properly.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I do agree with you Scott, but it is just his way. I can appreciate that. He also got married, bought a house, and had the car out away from being convenient to work on for awhile, not to mention Michigan winters, so I sympathize with him to a degree.

And Jose, according to Bisi, the cam and compression should be OK, he just didn't have a good enough tune or spin it high enough yet.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

lol, hey, if he's willing to go the extra million miles, more power to him! I know I couldn't.

Comment

I appreciate all your comments and consider you all friends, even Josey with his whitty humor and I sometimes feel like smacking the brown off him. I know that in the end, you are all eager like myself to get this bastard of a car on the road.

It is winter here, but I will degree the camshaft, will have money saved up by then to tune. I am considering a different tuner as well. It will be on the road this year d**nit!! My dream is to drive this down to Florida for one of the big meets, with or without my wife!

Thanks for the kick to the balls...I know I need it.

I'm really not worried about the coolant temps as much as I write, just speaking my mind is all. Priority is degree the cam & retune, then move forward with coolant temps if needed. Perhaps I don't have to do anything?!

I do plan to improve one aspect of the motor further in the future and retune, then be done with this project and fully enjoy. That is in the distant future, I'll probably enjoy driving it for a while before I move onto that.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Finally, after all these years, it finally seems about ready to roll for real. I remember reading up on this puppy two years back and saying, "Wow, I can't wait to see what happens with this project." I know you've spent plenty of time, money and feelings getting this project done.

Keep up the good work.
              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Man I cant to see what this beast puts down!!
                Any updates cisco??

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post

I did note when driving the car this time, that when cruising down highway at about 70-75 mph (3000-3500 RPMs), then the coolant temps were at about the 195 F mark. However, when I downshifted and raised the RPMS to like 4000-4500 RPMs, I noticed the ECT start going down. So temps may change after further tuning, we'll see.
                  I was just thinking about this and i had the same problem when i finished my build where my temps would go quite high at a cruise but at higher rpms it would drop. I found that i had my fan wired backwards so it was pushing air against the radiator rather than drawing air through the radiator. may not be your problem but something worth mentioning.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                    I was just thinking about this and i had the same problem when i finished my build where my temps would go quite high at a cruise but at higher rpms it would drop. I found that i had my fan wired backwards so it was pushing air against the radiator rather than drawing air through the radiator. may not be your problem but something worth mentioning.
                    Thanks for the tip, but all is good. My fans both turn CCW when facing them, which draws air through radiator into engine bay.

It is funny that my 1991 Accord Helms manual actually has you test the fans for working properly, incorrect. They say to put battery positive on the black ground wires, which runs them backwards (CW facing fans). Wonder how many people catch that.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-12-2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

The build is looking awsome, I also remember about 2 years ago when I stumbled upon this thread, and it has been an inspiration for me since then. Keep up the good work Cisco! Any plans for video / sound clips?
                      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I remember when you were planning on using a DOHC F22B head for this build, I'm glad it's a full F22A though

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                          I think this ^ guy is making fun of me....had to throw in the 2 yrs ago comment eh?!?! I'm sure I'll take videos and photos when I'm on the road with this car.

On the flip side, I'm starting to get PM's from some OG's that are threatening me to wrap up this project or else!!
                          lol, I wasn't making fun of you, I know the biggest stall was waiting for the bisi header, plus you had your Red build, and a wife and kids . Your only one person afterall.

I admire your devotion and detail to accuracy on all the work you do, and I really appreciate all the pictures you provide from before and after. I am pretty sure you'll be burning through tires at the track sometime this summer!
                          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                            I remember when you were planning on using a DOHC F22B head for this build, I'm glad it's a full F22A though
                            Wow, that was a long time ago! Yes, I bought that head from Juan/Phatdoughnut and it was mint! However, I sold it a while back to a friend that never used it either.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                              lol, I wasn't making fun of you, I know the biggest stall was waiting for the bisi header, plus you had your Red build, and a wife and kids . Your only one person afterall.

I admire your devotion and detail to accuracy on all the work you do, and I really appreciate all the pictures you provide from before and after. I am pretty sure you'll be burning through tires at the track sometime this summer!
                              Yea, I was just giving you a hard time for giving me a hard time. Although, I do not have kids....yet. I do ponder the time when they get their first used car and I modify it a bit.

Comment

Wrap up this project. Or else.

By the way, have you met my cousins Bruno and Guido?
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X