Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take your car to another tuner and do what i said. You also need to have the tuner TUNE the individual cylinder as best as possible. You will never get everything out of your engine just throwing a single timing number at each cylinder. Each cylinder is going to want something different than the other, and although doing this takes a lot of time with pulling the plugs and reading them, it makes up for itself in the end. I'm running 33* actual timing in my engine at peak torque. Some people call that crazy, I call it a thought process.
    www.850fab.com
    IG - @850Fab
    FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

People that are scared of big timing numbers don't know how to properly read spark plugs. Plain and simple.

Who cares what the numbers are, the spark plugs/dyno will tell you when there is too much.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

My roommate runs 44 degrees timing on his 750hp small block 400. It runs like a bat out of hell too.
        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
          Sent you email. Hmm, now that I think about it, I think you are thinking at a more simplistic level then I described in my email. You're saying to tune and read plugs per cylinder that will result in a better overall tune.
          the plugs are TRUE tattle tails of what happens inside. Gauges can vary, but a trained eye will catch more than what a gauge will. If your plugs dont show any negative signs, give it more. Once you find negative signs, take out a degree or two or give it more fuel and try again.

read the bottom link in my wiki.
          www.850fab.com
          IG - @850Fab
          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

I'm not sure about ignition. I know it's possible with eCtune. Hell, even Crome has the fuel trim options. Not sure how well it works though, lol.

But yes, a knowledgeable tuner will know how to read spark plugs and tune the timing in a correct fashion.

*edit* I don't see individual cylinder ignition trim, but I do see individual cylinder fuel trim.
            Last edited by d112crzy; 06-26-2009, 06:53 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              I'm not sure about ignition. I know it's possible with eCtune. Hell, even Crome has the fuel trim options. Not sure how well it works though, lol.

But yes, a knowledgeable tuner will know how to read spark plugs and tune the timing in a correct fashion.

*edit* I don't see individual cylinder ignition trim, but I do see individual cylinder fuel trim.
              I checked as well, did not see ignition timing trim, just for fuel only.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-29-2009, 08:43 AM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

everything seems to complicate itself in this thread/build... i say get some mula together, get the immigrant (d112) over for a decent tune, and run the hell out of it already! too many minute details are being given wAy too much attention...

i've been SOO anxious to see this "beast" hit full potential and seems like progression is scarce...

absolutely NoO hard feelings intended...

good luck!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                My Ride thread
                Flickr
                Originally posted by d112crzy
                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                All I gotta really say is:
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

yeah bro, you need to get ur ass in gear,lol. when i get back from iraq here in a few months im starting my block build. im thinking 11.5:1 for mine and alot less rpms, lol.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                    did you make the appointment for aug 10? Thats not long to wait considering how long this project has been going on.
                    Yes, the appointment has been made for a couple weeks now. I didn't expect them to be that busy, oh well. That is why I mentioned I may as well use this time to knock out a couple things while I wait.

Comment

I have all the parts for upgraded crankcase ventilation, having the male -AN fittings welded to the valve cover today, need to mount the catch can and install -AN fittings onto the SS braided hoses. I'll need to clean the piss out of that valve cover, making sure no contaminants behind the baffling. I'm thinking of mounting the catch can in the firewall area where the fuel vapor canister is, but I have to look into how to remove that canister properly and still retain fuel tank vent functionality.

I removed the plenum last night and completed the modification at work today.

Also, this weekend I have to do some maintenance work on my parent's 01 Odyssey and 88 Integra. I haven't had time for myself lately. Last couple weekends I have done maintenance work on my bro's 90 Accord EX and sister's 91 Accord EX.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-07-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

In exchange for work on maintaining my parent's and sibling's cars, my dad just bought me a brand new OEM F22ax stock crank pulley! I've been wanting one as preventative maintenance due to rubber dampener deterioration and the higher RPMs this engine will experience.

EDIT: Received.
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-18-2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Last night, I completed the intake manifold modification, all is reinstalled. Also, I completed the fuel charcoal canister delete and utilized this location for the new breather catch can setup that I installed as well, looks clean. However, last minute I noticed the 90 degree elbow fittings don't allow the hood to close. This prevents streetability, but for dyno purposes is fine. Going to have to look for lower profile elbow fittings. Anyhow, ready to go for another dyno session.
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-11-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I hope the reason you haven't posted yet, is they got you running good, and you took it out for a spin, and next thing you knew (because you were intoxicated from the adrenaline rush ), you found yourself in Cabo San Lucas drinking a beer.
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Let's play a game called good news, bad news.

Good News:

New tuner, same dyno type (Mustang), slightly larger HP numbers at 192 WHP/135 WTQ. The HP & TQ curve look smoother.

Bad News:

Idle inconsistency and braking/brake booster problems all due to low/no vacuum at idle/lower RPMs.

My Thoughts:

I am disappointed that the driveability issues are not fixed, as I want to drive this car on the street. However, this dyno session only shows there is still more potential in this build, which excites me.
                              Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

ill be patiently awaiting the results...lol.....good luck Cisci when u get a chance get that shit done....i wished u lived by me i would come over and give you a hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X