Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Justin. I too have long hoped for more knowledgeable people living near me because we'd have some crazy project fun!! My wife would hate me though.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-18-2009, 05:18 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Sorry to hear that you were still unable to work the kinks out. Glad to see you've made progress, and you saw better numbers this time on the dyno, your getting closer. This project will really be a beast when your done. Keep up the good work, and good luck!
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

After speaking with others, I have decided to do another leakdown test. If I get good numbers, then the motor is healthy regardless of compression test numbers. If I do not, I will narrow down where the leakage occurs. Also, I will do another compression test for reference and go from there. I had good leakdown numbers about 100 miles ago, I hope there was no degradation.
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-18-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
          what does the ignition map look like now?
          I have not compared calibrations on both tuners yet, so I can not comment. The first tuner did TPS/Alpha N based and the 2nd tuner did MAP based, so that is a difference. Anyhow, I had to leave for family vacation, have had no time.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-18-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Got back from vacation yesterday, only been able to do a bit. Anyhow, my piston ring theory of not sealing does not seem to be the issue and motor appears healthy. Did another compression test, it is consistent across all cylinders. The low vacuum and lower compression test numbers are due to the camshaft. However, I am still battling finding a tuner that knows how to deal with an aggressive NA camshaft. It seems a hybrid of alpha-N based idle/low RPM and MAP sensor based for rest of calibrations is the solution. I want this setup driveable so I can enjoy it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              Low vacuum, yes...low compression test #'s...NO.

How much have you beat on it?
              Depending on the amount of overlap, yes, the camshaft can cause lower compression numbers.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Not as low as his are. He has 9:1 compression....I'd expect the numbers to at least be in the 200's.

Someone else with the same cam as his has compression numbers that are 50+psi higher and the guy has less static compression.

You figure it out.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The other guy does not have the same camshaft, found out today. Thus, their higher compression test numbers. Hence my correction in this thread. It is the camshaft, which explains why I retain good leakdown numbers. I was misinformed that the other guy had the same camshaft, that threw me for a loop. Foamypirate is on point.

Comment

The leakdown percentage per cylinder is what is key, not the variation between cylinders (if that is what you're referring to). I do agree that the rings are still sealing, but most of the sealing is done and I have good leakdown numbers. My point here is the leakdown are past the rings (which is normal), but the compression test numbers are on the lower end due to the camshaft design. I may see an increase in compression test numbers, but they should not be anything significant. I still keep your story in mind and more power to me if I see an increase as you described, but I'm doubting it. I'll keep you posted.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-19-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

If its in actually the cam that is causing the low compression numbers due to the overlap, couldn't you adjust your cam gear so the valves are as close to closed at tdc, and run your compression check then?

Comment

Yes, I can play around with advancing/retarding the camshaft, but I did degree it and so it should be at its optimal. I was planning on moving the camshaft and doing compression tests to see if I can regain some low RPM compression, but there is always a compromise. I just wonder if the difference will be enough to help idle (MAP sensor based calibrations). However, I need to confirm if the alpha-N based calibrations can idle this setup as-is. Supposedly the first tuner attempted this, but it never did idle consistently.

EDIT: Camshaft change in the near future, should be road-worthy come this spring.
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-14-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

i want to see pictures of your bisi headers

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

vietkid, PM'd.

Comment

If this thing dynos as 250whp and has and at least 180ft. lbs. of torque, Im doing a F/D swap instead of a k24 into my civic, I really would much rather go F than K.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                                EDIT: Camshaft change in the near future, should be road-worthy come this spring.
                                What camshaft are you changing too?

Comment

Working...
                                X