Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
    Yea, I was just giving you a hard time for giving me a hard time. Although, I do not have kids....yet. I do ponder the time when they get their first used car and I modify it a bit.
    Ah, thought i read somewhere through the thread someone mentioned children.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    Wrap up this project. Or else.

By the way, have you met my cousins Bruno and Guido?
    Hurry Cisco, it sounds like owequitit is going to be sending the mob family soon!
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      Wrap up this project. Or else.

By the way, have you met my cousins Bruno and Guido?
      I am the mafia, remember? That's how some think I afforded this project.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Any new progress?

I'm going to start a motor build very similar to this, but I'm curious to see the final power and torque numbers and curves first.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i think you have the record for the longest build thread ever. (time-wise)
          H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja View Post
            i think you have the record for the longest build thread ever. (time-wise)
            And still going!

Cisco, you're making me want to tell my woman to eat pb&j for the next year so I can fund my new project. I may have to out do you, in half the time.

Cmon bish! Tell you're woman she can wait and that the car is more important.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

give him a break, it takes time. dont feel bad cisco. i have a wife and a two year old and now im in iraq for the next 9months so i know where you're coming from. by the way when i get home you're going to have some competition. how does a 11:1 compression 2.3 f22a1 sound? i meanim already making pretty good numbers as it is. a slight compression and displacement bump cant hurt.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

do you have any idea about when you might be finished? have you set a goal for yourself yet?
                spin city

Comment

Originally posted by Karl
                  good to hear, I look forward to seeing your results.

I have been forced by the Honda Challenge rules committee (myself included) to take the other route and install the H22. I will be visiting the same dyno that my current f22 saw so we can get a decent comparison of 1/2 built f22 vs stock h22. I already have stock f22 vs the 1/2 build (+45hp +10tq). I do look forward to putting that f22 into my daily driver.
                  Very nice Karl, would be a nice peppy daily.

Comment

bro you are an inspiration to any and all n/a builders..... i'm building my coupe to an f23a block and f22 head frankenstein..... this is gonna be fun..... cant wait to see the vids and final pics..
                    DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

Scott is going to beat you...

"Tell me. What's it like; being a panty waist sissy?"

Oh well, at least when you cry yourself to sleep at night, you can tell yourself that you were beat by a professional. In about 1% of the time...
                      Last edited by owequitit; 05-19-2009, 01:32 AM.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

There is no such thing as ever finishing a build, until you sell it.
                        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                          There is no such thing as ever finishing a build, until you sell it.
                          Yeah, but his doesn't even run...he knows what I am talking about.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Degreed the cam yesterday, it only needed to be retarded by 0.5 degree. Looking into a few other things. We'll see what can be done by end of this week.

Comment

After doing some tuning and lots more research, you really didn't NEED to degree the cam.

If you had spent enough time on the dyno, your tuner would have gotten around to moving the cam gear to see where the best power was. You just NEED to know that you' have enough clearance to retard and advance the cam a few degrees. Then your tuner would probably have you sign a waiver if he's smart. Most tuners won't touch the gears without a waiver or without knowing 100% that the valves won't hit when he moves the gear.

Cliffs:

Hurry the fuck up and get yourself a competent tuner.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Jose,

The more aggressive the cam, the more reason to degree the camshaft right off the bat. It technically should make your life easier on the dyno for idle and lower RPM driveability, etc. Then, you only can shift the powerband by moving it 1-2 degrees from this starting point. When I built the motor I did check based on Bisi's input for 6 deg advance and 4 retard at cam gear and was fine for P-to-V on all this.

I originally thought what you just stated. Not knowing where you are at and where you should be the cam (again, the more aggressive it is) leaves you no solid baseline to start with. This is the situation I was in, but I thought I would be farther off than I was.

What you stated, you can get away with for regrinds/milder cams.

Also, I am not ruling out the tuner.
                                Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-23-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X