No announcement yet.

Koni Yellows and Skunk2 Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It didn't get as low as I want it when I get my camber kit. But for now it's perfect.
    Sorry the pics are blurry :/

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
    "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Any lower and you'll lose driveability if you haven't already. What the size and offset of those wheels?
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I can still drie it fine :]
        I'm def gettin the front lower when I get my camber kit though.
        Check out my member's ride page. All of the specs are on there.

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          Any lower and you'll lose driveability if you haven't already. What the size and offset of those wheels?
          you can drive anything anywhere. just depends on how strong your stomach is.
          scraping does nothing to me now....

drop looks good though. does need more low though. Are those the same wheels 1clean92 has?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            you can drive anything anywhere. just depends on how strong your stomach is.
            scraping does nothing to me now....

drop looks good though. does need more low though. Are those the same wheels 1clean92 has?
            Yes they are

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
              Yes they are
              sweet. those wheels have such a subtle, yet badass look. Like solids on a Big block nova.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                sweet. those wheels have such a subtle, yet badass look. Like solids on a Big block nova.
                I know! It's crazy. They're not too expensive either.
                What are you dropped on?

Comment

I know! It's crazy. They're not too expensive either.
                  What are you dropped on?
                  Skunk2 on KYB's. doesn't feel good right now, but im working on getting the top hats extended to gain shock travel. that'll make it a million times better. It's only till i figure out what coilovers i really want.

Comment

Can my skunk2's get any lower in the front? If I took the sleeve off would it ride way too bad?
                    I like the way itrides right now a LOT :]

How do you extend the tophats?

Comment

Can my skunk2's get any lower in the front? If I took the sleeve off would it ride way too bad?
                      I like the way itrides right now a LOT :]

How do you extend the tophats?
                      i am debating taking the the sleeve off. i can't imagine it would be that bad. might mess up the spring.

and its a cut and weld thing. chop off the top and weld a pipe in there.

Comment

I'm thinkin about doin it too. I was gonna get groundcontrol coilovers but there was like a 6-8 week for the ones that fit koni yellows.
                        Ohh okay that's what I was thinkin.

Comment

It didn't get as low as I want it when I get my camber kit. But for now it's perfect.
                          Sorry the pics are blurry :/

IMO, that drop is perfect. not too low and not too high. get your toe adjusted and roll like that. possibly roll your fenders to keep from rubbing.

Comment

I like it too but I've just gotta tuck the front a litte before I'll be satisfied. I've already got the back rolled I just need to do the front.
                            Lovin your car!

Comment

I like it too but I've just gotta tuck the front a litte before I'll be satisfied. I've already got the back rolled I just need to do the front.
                              Lovin your car!
                              thanks man. its almost done exterior wise. just need paint and some spacers up front and ill be good.

Comment

By driveability, I meant properly. No rubbing or fender hitting. Too low and you affect suspension geometry adversely. Don't get me wrong, it looks great...but your car's ability to handle well is hindered. I personally can't put my car so low that I can't drive it as hard as I want...and I know for a fact that if my car were that low, I wouldn't be able to take some of the turns I've taken in it. This is the reason why Ronald type-R had to actually raise his car for his new setup. Driving as low as he was wasn't getting the most out of the suspension.

Also, Hondalover, I didn't see the offset in your MR thread, just that the wheels are 16x8.
                                Last edited by mndude07; 12-25-2009, 08:02 PM.
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X