No announcement yet.

Koni Yellows and Skunk2 Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U guys are gonna kill ur motors when ur oil pans bang the ground and ur drain bolts start leaking

Ask me how I know

Also u cant put coilover sleeves on the Koni spring perch... u need a special ring for the sleeve to sit on that u can order from Koni. Otherwise u run the very realistic risk of the perch failing, and whatever comes from that...

Having ur car an inch off the ground on public streets.... IDK

Though lookin at the OP's car, his setup isn't much lower than mine if at all, so other than the fender rubbing on the wheel over bumps (the reason I had to get rid of my Sis) he should be alright
    Last edited by gloryaccordy; 12-25-2009, 08:42 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      U guys are gonna kill ur motors when ur oil pans bang the ground and ur drain bolts start leaking

Ask me how I know

Also u cant put coilover sleeves on the Koni spring perch... u need a special ring for the sleeve to sit on that u can order from Koni. Otherwise u run the very realistic risk of the perch failing, and whatever comes from that...

Though lookin at the OP's car, his setup isn't much lower than mine if at all, so other than the fender rubbing on the wheel over bumps (the reason I had to get rid of my Sis) he should be alright
      my oil pan clearance is fine. And im not gonna kill my motor. I know what your saying about the rings. having the spring on the perch alone puts a lot of pressure on one spot which would lead to a greater possibility of failure.

Running with an inch of clearance isn't bad. you just need to know where to, and where not to go. Im running maybe 2 inches and i don't scrape a thing. im going lower soon enough. before the new tires i was at about an inch. the only thing i need to tuck was my exhaust because it would skim the ground sometimes. I plan on getting custom engine mounts and a custom exhaust to lift it all to get more clearance for the oil pan and exhaust. Then ill be able to bolt skid plates on and spark up everywhere.

Comment

I'd rather have my car handle well, but to each his own.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          I'd rather have my car handle well, but to each his own.
          Understandable. But that's why some suspension is adjustable in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            my oil pan clearance is fine. And im not gonna kill my motor. I know what your saying about the rings. having the spring on the perch alone puts a lot of pressure on one spot which would lead to a greater possibility of failure.

Running with an inch of clearance isn't bad. you just need to know where to, and where not to go. Im running maybe 2 inches and i don't scrape a thing. im going lower soon enough. before the new tires i was at about an inch. the only thing i need to tuck was my exhaust because it would skim the ground sometimes. I plan on getting custom engine mounts and a custom exhaust to lift it all to get more clearance for the oil pan and exhaust. Then ill be able to bolt skid plates on and spark up everywhere.
            Ur playin Russian Roulette my friend... those springs + shocks at that height....

I have damaged 2 oil pans, first one killed my F22B DOHC

But w/e hopefully the top hats will help; my car rode a million times better after I just raised the car up (esp the rear) by about an inch so more travel all around will help a lot

Plus roads might be better down by you, they are just downright terrible up here in some parts

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

That's what I'm saying. I'm on race springs and koni yellows..not that low but I drive the crap out of my car sometimes and I've bent a header and scraped my oil pan slightly. For you to not damage those things at that height, you must drive like a grandma lol. And its not a matter of "you gotta know what you're doing" because I do. Shit happens on the road you can't react to all the time. Your car looks good flatline, we're just looking out for you.

Comment

By driveability, I meant properly. No rubbing or fender hitting. Too low and you affect suspension geometry adversely. Don't get me wrong, it looks great...but your car's ability to handle well is hindered. I personally can't put my car so low that I can't drive it as hard as I want...and I know for a fact that if my car were that low, I wouldn't be able to take some of the turns I've taken in it. This is the reason why Ronald type-R had to actually raise his car for his new setup. Driving as low as he was wasn't getting the most out of the suspension.

Also, Hondalover, I didn't see the offset in your MR thread, just that the wheels are 16x8.
                My rear wheels are the ONLY ones that rub the fenders.And that'sonly because I haven'tgot my camber kit on yet. I drove it rough and fast around corners today and Ilove the way it handles. It handles better than any car I've ever been in.

And Sorry about that I thought I put the offset of em inthere somewhere. It's +13
                Exactly thesame as 1clean92's

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
                "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Ask me how I know

Stick a pack of orbit gum up to your sideskirt and take a picture. That's as far as I could get it under mine.
                  I'm def lower than you don't worry.

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

I can almost guarantee it could handle better though.

Comment

That's what I'm saying. I'm on race springs and koni yellows..not that low but I drive the crap out of my car sometimes and I've bent a header and scraped my oil pan slightly. For you to not damage those things at that height, you must drive like a grandma lol. And its not a matter of "you gotta know what you're doing" because I do. Shit happens on the road you can't react to all the time. Your car looks good flatline, we're just looking out for you.
                      Did you go over speed bumps or somethin? lol
                      You just have to know where NOT to go. If a roads bad ora place has a steep driveway then don't go there in your car.
                      There are a few downs abot bein really low but they're worth it to me.

Comment

I guess I should know about potholes and bumps on roads I haven't been on before...my point is this could happen to you and it would end alot worse.

Comment

Ur playin Russian Roulette my friend... those springs + shocks at that height....

I have damaged 2 oil pans, first one killed my F22B DOHC

But w/e hopefully the top hats will help; my car rode a million times better after I just raised the car up (esp the rear) by about an inch so more travel all around will help a lot

Plus roads might be better down by you, they are just downright terrible up here in some parts
                          the shocks are holding up pretty well actually. i had a tire blow out and it didn't effect the drivability of the car. the control of the car lower than stock seem to be better with the sudden change in physics to be honest. lifted it and it rode like a caddy. With the top hats extended ill have an extra 2" of travel. that'll allow the front to come down a bit because it's sitting on the shocks.

And the chances are that the roads directly around me are better. but in tampa it's an obstacle course.

i didn't say you have to know what your doing, you just have to know where your going. and yes i drive a drop slower than normal. I slammed my car to force myself to do just that. I got in trouble for racing when i wasn't. im fighting it in court now. it's because i have a heavy foot.

the lower you go the more stiff of a suspension you need. extending the top hats might actually force me to raise it up to avoid bottoming out and damaging something. The only thing saving me right now is the lack of travel i have. my car isn't going any lower than it sits while i drive. it bounces up a little and back down onto the shock.

Comment

I guess I should know about potholes and bumps on roads I haven't been on before...my point is this could happen to you and it would end alot worse.
                            not really, just have to look that much further ahead than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                              not really, just have to look that much further ahead than normal.
                              ^Exactly^

Comment

i cant even fit a damn chapstick in my side skirts...my shoe doesnt fit.

this is the front i dont have any side pics.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                                X