No announcement yet.

vibration between 68-80mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I did. They were the anchor ones. I'm going to try the beck/arnley brand and see if they make a diff. The rear mount doesn't support the engine very well. It is basically sitting on the the nub on the bottom of the mount. IF you have seen the rear mount you know what I mean.
    I think it should be more centered and generally not touch the bottom or top of the mount.

steve

Comment

Those power steering hoses that connect to the VSS on the transmission might do it. What you have done when you just bypassed them if you still have that setup is make the steering more sensitive at higher speeds. My guess.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
        Mine turned out to be the tires. I took them back and they said the front was off by about .75oz
        I do still have a slight vibration and I have the mounts to replace them. just taking a break from all the car work right now.

steve
        Esp when you have choppy camber wear! That is always one thing to check!!!
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Thats an old post. I had the car aligned, new tires installed and they told me that the front wheel has a out or round or something. It isn't perfectly round when it spins..
          I am looking for another front 93 se wheel. Then I will have to polish and have the tire put on.

I will report back if that is the problem. It may take a while for me to find the wheel. One JY had one but they wanted $88. The hell with that shit.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
            Those power steering hoses that connect to the VSS on the transmission might do it. What you have done when you just bypassed them if you still have that setup is make the steering more sensitive at higher speeds. My guess.
            I've been giving this one good consideration for over a day now. Maybe a bad vss. Steve if you give virtually no or as little steering input as possible does it seem to help?
            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

My P2T4 has no Vss with the power steering going through it. It has done It through both trannys, several PS pumps and 2 different racks.

I don't think that is it.

steve

Comment

That is the problem, without the adjusting assist of function of the VSS, the steering could be much more sensitive, including the feedback to the steering wheel, and causes the vibrations.
                Last edited by XCRN; 09-15-2013, 12:06 AM.
                Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

It did it with the F22 tranny too. So to me that is not the problem

steve

Comment

So. I'm almost convinced this vibration is coming from the chasis not the wheels.
                    I took a 200 mile trip to the beach this weekend and noticed the vibration but it wasn't always in the steering wheel. I think I either have a bad axle or a bad mount.

I will start with the mounts and see. If its not them I'm going with DSS axles, and putting off my LSD swap. This makes me not want to drive the car.
                    It generally happens when I accellerate between 70-80 then it seems to smoothe out.

steve

Also will the VSS from my h2u5 fit my p2t4 tranny?

Comment

I have this same issue. The whole car shakes between that range. My mounts from esp should get here next month, my current ones are trash. And I have tons of unsprung weight with my current wheel and brake setup. This problem is just weird. I changed all my bushings and ball joints and it's still there, wtf.

I think the sensors are interchangeable, don't quote me on that though.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I may try next weekend. But I'm getting tired of working on the car for about 5 hours every weekend so I may just wait.

steve

Comment

So this past weekend I replaced the driver side motor mount with a beck arnley mount and I replaced the front torque mount with a used mount that I filled with 60 urethane

The vibration is down a considerable bit but it is still there a little. And my vibration at idle is up a little from the mount but its livable to me.

I may try and replace the rear mount with a beck mount this weekend before I start swapping axles.

On another note the last time I had the tie rod disconnecting it just fell. So I'm thinking that my inner tie rod may be shot too. This could be the problem as well. Cheap ass part. It has a lifetime warranty but Its not an easy part to replace. I should have bought the better brand but didn't. Dumbass

steve

Comment

The inner tie rod is a PITA, I recently replaced mine with Moog inners and outers. I think I still had the OEM ones in there from 20+ years ago. They were about as solid as a wet noodle compared to the Moog ones.

It's good to here that your vibrations are diminishing.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

This seems to be worse with no steering input or going straight.

I took my vss off my accord tranny and the damn bracket is broken.

I have ordered.
                              New beck Arnley tranny mount
                              New inner tie rod beck Arnley as well
                              And finally drive shaft shop axles.

I will do this piece be piece to give others an idea of which works the most

The axles will prob be last.

Steve

The inners aren't that bad if you turn the wheel the opposite direction. It puts the toe rods out further and easier to access
                              Last edited by Stoner51; 10-27-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

You can turn this thread into a diy on diagnosing vibration once you find the problem. Yeah the inners aren't that bad, considering I'm about to tackle the rear mount and the others soon. Did you change the rotors? I didn't see it mentioned.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X