Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm rockin ground controls, with agx's and i would rate them a 9 - 9.5

its a great ride, not to stiff, but not bouncy either.

And factory CUT springs and struts, and it rides like a dream!
    Last edited by RyderzUnlimited; 02-04-2010, 11:50 PM.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Stock shocks
      Megan Racing coilover sleeves

7/10

Not bouncy, but it's pretty stiff. There's almost no body roll, but the suspension is a little bland with the blown shocks.

Getting Koni STR.T's mid-March though.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

anyone have any advice ion the tein ss kit i like the idea of in car adjustments, i have heard coilovers can be harsh and im gonna use this thing for a 200 mile a day driver on a rough ass freeway. anyone have them of course the manufacturer says they ride smooth.

Comment

Tein Basic : 9/10

too bad can't adjust any lower but it ride like a dream.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

tokico kit. I dunno seems like i scrap the front right too much. It doesnt bounce and doesnt feel stiff. Its comfortable but not at all sporty or low. I rate it 5 or 6.

Comment

currently running d2 rs coilovers i give em a 7 for comfort and 9 for the handling overall i give em a 9.5 for being as low as i am

Comment

-koni strt's
                -k sport lowering springs 2.25 inch drop
                -front and rear upper strut tower braces and rear lower tie bar
                LETS JUST PUT IT THIS WAY, THERE IS NO CORNER I CANT TAKE AT 30+ MPH, but in my true oppinion there great, a little bouncy in the sharp turns but i like that little bouncy feel through the turn, and i have no idea why lol
                On To The Next One!!!

Comment

I have a Skunk2 set of coil sleeves for an integra, according to the spec sheet on Skunk2's web site, the only difference between the sleeve kits for accords and integras is the spring rate up front is stiffer (8kg/mm-accord 10kg/mm-integra) for the integra and the sleeve is 55mm shorter on the rear for the integra kit(125mm-integra 180mm-accord). Anyone have any ideas as to how well (or not) this will fit? They came with Tokico Blues, and I'm really tempted to use them for my car instead of turning them for a profit. But I'd like some input before I make my decision. I'd assume that if I had the sleeve on the rear adjusted fully upward I would still have just over 2 inches of drop (2.16") and the adjustment for the front would be the same as an accord kit. Would the Tokico's even come close to fitting an Accord? I'm aware the suspensions are all very similar for most honda's but I'm not sure of how similar they are.
                  Last edited by DunKrS; 01-21-2011, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Tokico blues are made for a spring rate no more than 15% over stock, and a ride height about 1" lower than stock. They will not react well with very stiff springs on coilovers that will probably make you lower than 1" even at their heighest. They will blow quickly, and be unsafe the entire time.

As for being made for an Integra... I wouldn't risk it. Sell them to someone with an Integra, and get yourself some quality parts. Koni STR.T shocks are what you want if you're on a budget.

Comment

sorry to bring up and old thread..but heres a noob question.. if ur using coil over sleeves do u need to grind of the original spring perches? or just sit the sleeves on top of them???

Comment

sit them on top. And I REALLY hope you're not doing that on stock shocks...

Comment

kyb gr2...

Comment

Koni red shocks | skunk2 springs | skunk2 coilover sleeves

self-rated 8/10, bit bouncy on poor wallowy country roads at speed limits. corners well. drop looks mad imho. rears are fantastic, with the rear perch spun all the way down the top of the rim disappears into the wheel well, no tyre. wish the fronts could follow suit. the pic below is at the lowest for the fronts. still didnt stop a copper from giving me a defect notice.

Last edited by nicko; 02-21-2011, 06:11 AM.

Comment

ts probly posted a bunch of times but.... o well

koni yellows 1 full turn stiffer on front and 2 turns rear
                              neuspeed race springs
                              full polly kit bushings
                              and generic ebay upper and lower strut bars
                              stock ex rear sway bar and front

i have to say 10/10
                              only because i had agx shocks and eibach pro springs and the shit was way to bouncey.ass end slid out on almost every turn with brand new tires.....
                              old set up 6/10 perfect for a daily driver with kids...deffently a comfort vs performance set up

my new turbo build

Comment

megan lowering springs, Koni str.t shocks, energy suspension master bushing kit

Comment

Working...
                                X