Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Tokico Illumina adjustable struts.
    -Skunk 2 coilovers.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
      -Tokico Illumina adjustable struts.
      -Skunk 2 coilovers.
      how would you rate those?

1991 Accord LX

Comment

neuspeed race springs
        kyb agx 3 front, 5, rear
        dropzone anchor bolt camber kit
        generic upper strut bar

7-8 out of 10

real stiff around turns but the stiffness will get to u sometimes, i love everything else. not too bouncy either.

coming soon: neuspeed upper strut bar and progress rear sway bar

Comment

Originally posted by TalontedTSi
          I forgot... changed over to Ground Control Coilover's with the AGXs and they are a ton better
          does the back bottom out? cuz no matter WHAT setting on the back... they still hurt (harsh ride) im pretty dumped by the way... dont know the measurements... less say MIGHT be able to stick a finger in there. I hear AGX's aren't meant for "hellla" dropping.... in fact i hear they suck on it?.... opinions opinions
          Last edited by Nocturnal CB7; 11-19-2005, 03:12 PM.

I am no longer using this forum name.
          You can find me as
          jdm_inspired...
          I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

H&R Sports Springs
            KYB AGX Adjustables 3 Front, 6 Rear

Compared to stock: 10 (stock rears were blown )
            Overall Ride/Performance Quality:9

-1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Eibach Pro-Kits and KONI Reds. As I write this it's been on a week. I won't give it a number because that's too subjective to be helpful.

The shocks are set to the middle (2 out of 3 "settings"; i.e. 360 degrees turned) as per KONI's recommendation when used with Pro-kits (I emailed and asked them). However, if I were to do it again I might turn the fronts a little tighter, maybe not maxed out at 720 degrees but close. The reason I say this is because the rear end of the car seems a little tighter than the front for absorption. But not enough to bother taking them out and apart to re-adjust IMO.

Characteristics:

Yes, the front looks nearly stock-height still. You notice the mild drop more in the rear. Pro-Kits aren't (and won't) be very popular around here ...

Overall ride quality is similar to stock (fairly smooth) however dips of any size are very quickly damped and this performance doesn't degrade at higher speeds. It's a very good street setup for anyone who wants a sane ride and won't or can't give up ride height.

This is a very controlled ride, with increased stability and slightly reduced body lean. I once rode in a brother-in-law's early-90s 325i and this reminds me somewhat of that.

The only ***** in the armor is that harsher impacts (sharp, quick bumps/potholes etc. at lower speeds) are felt very stiffly and harshly, seemingly out of character with the rest of this smooth and steady ride. It's as if all of the suspension bushing's durometer # are too stiff (and due to age, they might now be).

But I'm still playing around with tire pressure, which is currently too high actually. I'm also going to get new sneakers soon for it --- ditch my worn-out Turanza LS-H which may have stiffened a bit over the years.

Update: the harshness mentioned above is gone after a week but the control remains. Me so happy.

9/2006 Update:
              I just went back to all-OEM, yanked from my '94, so I now have a better baseline perspective of how stock would be (the OEM parts are in great shape.)

I put a set of Tein S-Tech springs on my '94, with the same Koni Reds that were on my '91. Unlike what I said about the Pro-Kits, the S-Tech TRULY ride like stock --- always comfortable. The Reds are set to 180 degrees turned stiffness. I probably should have turned them a full turn or more, but it still rides great and has good control.

^^^ Earlier I said the Reds were set to the middle (2 out of 3 "settings"; i.e. 360 degrees turned) but when I took them off realized that wasn't the case. They had been more like completely at softest setting. Weird ...

The Pro-Kits would be great for the auto-crosser that for whatever reason needed ground clearance --- they're that stiff.

For a daily driver that doesn't need to have the lowest-of-the-low drop, or super stiff springs for the ultimate in handling potential, the S-Techs are a special and perhaps unique combination of low-but-comfortable. And yeah, they do still handle well.

Just don't get counterfeits. >>> http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html
              Last edited by deckeda; 09-07-2006, 09:36 PM.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

DZ coilovers wrapped around agx's...fronts @ 2, rears @ 3...stiff as fuck. ride quality - 6. gonna drop to 1 front, 2 rear and see how it goes there....still better than the stock set up that had never been paid any attention to. broke front right coil. all the shocks/struts didn't decompress....it was ugly. all new suspension bushings going on soon....but i did get a 2.5" drop front, 2" and some change in the back...looks much better.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

my setup is....

i had some horrible coilovers when i bought da car..... it was literally .5 inch off the ground... it looked hot but really rode like crap... so i decided to throw on eibach sportlines and kyb adjustable struts.... the look is good, the feel is good, i can ride cows in my whip and still not scrape....handles beautifully....

Rate it: 9
                  91 accord lx (daily Driver)

Charchoal sedan
                  MODZ
                  some BS aintake
                  Dc sports header
                  eibach sportline springs
                  kyb adjustable struts
                  94-95 accord stockies(painted polish black with chrome center cap!!!!)

Still Under Contruction......

Comment

-H&R Race
                    -Tockico Blues

rate 8/10

Still need to get a Rear Sway Bar, Strut Bars, and eventually upgrade to Neuspeed Koni Yellows

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

'91 EX Wagon
                      *Tein Basic Damper Coilovers
                      *Ingalls Camber Kit
                      ...Rating...
                      10 - Over Stock
                      8.5 Over All, camber kit made it a lil bit rougher, but its all good.
                      -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                      newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                      newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                      newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustables
                        Eibach Sportlines
                        Prothane Full bushing kit

i'd rate it 8 of 10
                        9 of 10 once i get strut bars

Comment

Tenzo R adjustable coilovers, stock struts!
                          I like them for now, but way better than stock
                          7!
                          My friend has agx's and sportlines! Almost perfect!
                          Anyone try tein basic dampers?

WaC!

Comment

KYB AGX
                            H&R Sport (1.7/1.5, supposedly)

I would say a 6. The ride quality is decent, not too harsh (at least when the AGXs are set low)... but the handling is a little soggy. Even with the struts set at their stiffest, it still feels like jello. I can take corners in my bone-stock DX at similar speeds.

Perhaps with upgraded chassis supports and urethane bushings it'll be better...

I regret not getting Koni Yellows... A lower stance would be nice too, but I don't think my car would survive if it were any lower! Not with my driving habits!

Comment

neuspeed springs 1.75 front 1.5 rear
                              tokico ullimina 5 way adjustable shocks
                              bushing masterset (i really think these work great)
                              strut bars front and rear
                              lower tie bar
                              floof bar(i am trying it out)
                              new anti sway bars front and rear with bushing they are not in yet but will be soon .

i like this set up it is set up in the lower shocks settings it is confortable and in the upper setting it if firm at all setting levels the set up is very responsive. being new to this (tunning) i wasent sure about coilovers i did some homework and although they were really cool i decided to stick to lower sport spring the old school methed.the bushing set from energy suspension i think helps a great deal.i still have a lot of work but i like the product so far
                              i rate it as an 7
                              i say a 8 out of 10
                              there is always room for to make the system but over all i like it alot
                              Last edited by sunburn; 03-26-2006, 12:01 AM.
                              WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

i'm running ebay coilover sleeves for now. Ride is kinda bouncy but it's good for now I guess.........

Plan on getting AGX's though......bare with me CB7 gods.....

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

Working...
                                X